Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Unexpected Trip

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 07:33:23 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Vicki didn't say anything for a few seconds before sighing.

"Where's the entrance?" She asked.

"I can guess, but there are so many possible ways down there, so I figured I might as well ask. What path down is actually open?" There seemed to be something to her voice as she said that, something small, but still noticeable.

It almost seemed like a hunger.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 07:51:21 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash froze up when he heard that. Especially that... something... in her tone.

"I... what?" he then asked.

"Ash. Where is it?" Vicki asked him again.

"It's hidden." Ash said. "Where even -I- wasn't supposed to know about it, but circumstances had me accidentally relearning it." he said further.

"But relax, all your questions about it will be answered, I promise." he then told her.

"I hope, anyway..." he added at the end, uncertain and quiet now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 07:59:09 )

"... I get it." Vicki said.

"You don't want me to know, which is probably for the best. Beyond that, I can't get out of here anyway. " She added.

"And all right then." She then said.

"If it happens, it happens." Was the last thing she said.

"I get that you don't want to fill me in, and you're relying on a possibility for someone else to hopefully arrive." She was being unusually ... snide and just almost mean. The barriers that she normally had from being mean were eroding, and it wasn't hard to tell or guess.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 08:22:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Ash was silent again as he heard that.

"Vicki, I'm sorry." he apologised.

"But right now, I know too much. I don't know if it's even okay for me to know what I know. I knew it in the past, but had it done that I would forget it. And I did... until now." he went on.

"...if that makes sense..." he mumbled.

"Um... but... I think we have another problem." he then said.

"Maybe you're changing faster than expected..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 08:27:59 )

"Well, no shit." Vicki commented with a sigh.

"It's been a month and a half by this point. I'd be amazed if there was no effect. The corruption is within this body after all." She added.

"I just need to find the information I'm after, so I can get home, hope that I'm not beyond saving, and fix this future." He could hear the frustrations in her voice, easily.

"And I keep hitting fucking WALLS." She half screamed before just shoving the notebook to the side and grasping her head, trying to calm down.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 08:45:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

This scared Ash a little.

So much so, he raced towards her and put his hands on her shoulders.

"I... I... I'll find some information." he told her.

"I'll go do it now! I'll find SOMETHING!" he continued.

"Please, just... just... I'm sorry, but I'll find some information that you can use!" he said further.

It seemed like it was worse than he had thought.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 08:52:21 )

Vicki was silent before meeting her bothers gaze. As she did so, and he was close enough, eh was able to literally see the changes that had been slowly happening over the past bit she was there. It wasn't extremely obvious, at least it hadn't been til then because he saw her so often, and it was so gradual, but the natural gorgeous and vibrant emerald green her irises had been was notably more faded.

That wasn't surprising though, it was something that happened to those going through this.

".... Ashley... back off." She managed to get out, admittedly with more bite than normal.

"Please.. just... my own mana is going to drive me insane at the moment, I really don't need yours added into the mix." She said, sounding a bit more herself, even if as if she had a bit of a pleading tone.

"Might be a good idea." A new voice from the doorway said. She didn't step in though. Vicki, froze, her breath catching in her throat.

"... Alice...." She said quietly.

"Hey sis." was Alice's response.

"Seriously though, Ash? You might want to step away, if only just because the contact with mana and all won't be nice if it's maintained. Let her calm down first."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 09:04:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash released his contact with Vicki, and took a few steps back.

"...yeah..." he said.

"Alice is... she's... because I was on sentry duty, I noticed she was returning, and... it snowballed from there." he admitted.

"I didn't know you would be following me here." he said to Alice.

"But I'm glad you did." he went on.

"Vicki's fallen further than I first thought."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 09:09:20 )

"I can tell." Alice commented.

"I didn't expect you to come right up here, but Lindsay talked me into checking here first." She admitted.

"It's likely because you came here immediately after being at the nexus that this came to the surface so strongly."She added.

"The nexus lingering on him." Vicki commented.

"Precisely. It's also why I'm lingering back here." Alice answered.

"My mana would drive her over the edge without a moments notice."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 09:27:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...damn it." Ash cursed.

"I didn't know where else to go." he admitted.

"But... this is bad. Really bad." he then said to Alice.

"We can't like Vicki go the way of Vic. She needs to head home. SOON." he went on.

"...but she also needs information she can use for when she goes back..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 12:47:18 )

"I know. That's why I'm here." Alice stated simply.

"Firstly, Ash? I kicked you out of there because of all the free floating mana in that room from your brother." She started.

"If you had've stayed, there would have been a LOT of mana coming your way all of a sudden, not naturally like happens with us Fyranes." She continued. "Meaning you would have .... possibly been killed by it." She told him plainly.

"And Jordan, being part nexus herself, was helping to contain it, to stop you from being overloaded by it." She then turned her attention to her sister.

"It was me and Kiah." She told the blonde.

"We were trying to create a vaccine. A book from Lindsay sparked the idea, and it just snowballed. The room where our research and tests are done is locked down, and in Switzerland. The Alps, specifically."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 22:35:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash seemed to be almost overloaded by all the information that had just been imparted, before he cleared his throat and shook his head slightly.

"...yes, that DOES explain why I needed to leave as quickly as I did." he agreed.

"I didn't realise Jordan was there and there was such strain on her..." he muttered.

"But, Vicki, that's great news!" he then said to Vicki. "With this information, you can stop it before it gets any further." he went on.

He then paused for a moment, thinking about something.

"But WHERE in the Alps?" he asked Alice.

"Yes, that narrows it down considerably, but... the Alps are still a massive area." he muttered with a sigh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 22:43:13 )

"Nestled in around Usser Wissberg" Alice answered honestly.

"I couldn't tell you more specifically than that." She added with a shake of her head.

"I honestly can't remember. It's been so long since I've left here, and even longer since I've been there."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 23:10:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, there you go, Vicki!" Ash said to Vicki.

"That should be enough, right?" he asked.

"You have enough to go on now, yeah? Go back to your original time and fix this?" he went on.

He then noticed that she had been silent for a bit, having not said much at all since Alice showed up.

"...Vicki? You okay?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 23:15:41 )

Vicki remained silent, not moving, not even seeming to be breating as she was there, just leaning forward on what was her desk, her elbows atop it and her head in her hands. Her messy blonde hair falling around haphazardly, and it looked like her hands were shaking.

Alice didn't say anything before sighing, heavily.

"Do you know how to send her back?" She asked her brother, not taking her eyes off of their sister.

"Because I get the feeling that Vicki doesn't have long before the damage is done."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 23:36:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....I do." Ash responded.

"I remember what we did, and I remember the notes saying how to reverse it." he told her.

"...yeah, she's... she's falling a lot faster than Vic did." he then realised, as he took some tentative steps to a nearby drawer that had the crystals they'd need it in.

"Vicki, just hang on." he muttered.

"Keep it together, and we'll get you home."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 23:40:15 )

"Well, that body has already fallen, the soul just needed to catch up, in essence." Alice commented. "At least, that's my guess." She added after a moment or two.

"Need my help?" She then asked, her voice curious.

"If so, just direct me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 00:06:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, right." Ash muttered, finding the crystals and handing Alice some.

He told her at what points they needed to be placed at, and how he and Vicki would do the rest.

"Vicki, hang on." he then said to Vicki.

"When you feel the mana surge into you, just let your soul be taken." he went on.

"You won't be sealed away, I promise. You'll just find your way back home."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 02:31:44 )

Vicki didn't say anything. She wanted to say ok, but what can rout of her mouth was no that.

"As if that matters. You just want to be rid of this forum as it's changing. I'm becoming one of those freaks, and let's not have the headache of me for here. Or would you keep me locked up still?" she asked. Alice just sighed as she looked over toward her sister.

".... I know it hurts, Vicki... Please, just find that trust you know you have deep within. You're not lost yet, and we refuse to let that happen." she assured her sister calmly. However, Vicki didn't say anything. She did nod though.

This wasn't fun for her, either. Vicki was barely hanging on by this point, and Alice knew it was because of all the mana. It was triggered this to move faster, and would most certainly not make it easy to resist.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 02:50:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash didn't say anything, and once he and Alice had set up the crystals, he sighed.

"...ignore anything you hear when your soul comes loose." he told her.

"You hear me? Don't look back. Don't hesitate. Find that signpost of your old self, and race towards it." he said.

He then looked at Alice.

"And we best be ready." he muttered.

"Once Vicki leaves for home, this won't be pretty."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.