Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Unexpected Trip

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 02:57:22 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Alice nodded. She knew it wouldn't be. Especially with what she was about to do.

She made her way over to her sister, fully aware of how it would likely result in her mana being drained, but that was ok. She was aiming to have it that Vicki either remembered this, or got a vision of it after she recovered.

She placed her hands on either side of Vicki's head and concentrated, almost immediately feeling her mana being sapped for her, and quickly too,along with what she was using and imparting upon her to save this world.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 03:29:54 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash was ready immediately as Alice did this... as he saw Vicki's hold on herself grow weaker and weaker. Just as Alice finished doing what she did, and started to stagger back, Ash initiated the runes.

As soon as they hit her, Vicki essentially felt herself yanked from the jaws of an unknown beast, and found herself floating in an abyss. She heard Ash and Alice cry out, though it sounded muddled and muted, like she was underwater, and when she looked back, she saw Vic's body attacking Ash and Alice.

However, she then remembered what Ash had said.

'Don't hesitate. Find the signpost of your old self, and race towards it.'

Ahead of her, she saw darkness... but she swore she saw a light shining in the far off distance... and it seemed pretty bright, too.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 03:33:43 )

Vicki woke with a start, and a bit of a cry. As she looked around and realised where she was, she didn't know wht to make of it, and it took a few second for her brain to catch up. Immediately, she scrambled off of the couch she was on, before realising that she shouldn't. While she was feeling better, she still didn't feel good.

Granted, she had no idea why, now. It'd been over a month for her.

She sank back down onto the couch, her head in her hands and her elbows on her knees, as her brother returned from having done something in another room.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 03:57:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Vicki!" Ash exclaimed, racing over.

"Are you all right?" he asked.

"Your mana was freaking out and you suddenly passed out." he told her. "I called a medic to come and take you to the hospital, but... I admit, I didn't think you'd wake up already." he admitted further.

"What happened?" he asked.

"You really stressed or something?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 03:59:27 )

Vicki was completely silent for a few seconds before looking to her brother, seeing it was the version she knew, not the one she'd just spent a month and a half with.

"I..." She started, shaking ehr head.

"I don't know.... Just.." She paused before seeming to be processing something.

".... I need to talk to my sister." She said simply as she got to her feet, more carefully than she did before.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 04:31:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Wait, what...?" Ash muttered.

"Vicki, hold on." he said. "You just passed out under odd circumstances, you need to be checked out." he told her.

"I can get ahold of Alice if you want." he then offered.

"But just try and take it easy, all right?" he continued.

"Passing out is never a good thing."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 04:33:43 )

Vicki was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Then come with me." she stated simply.

"I'm fine. Or at least I will be." She then said.

"Let's just say... I've had a wide ride." As she spoke, she made her way to the door and grabbed her shoes, slipping them on.

"So, you coming with me, or no?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 04:59:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"What the...?" Ash muttered, before shaking his head.

As he walked over towards her, she saw him take out his cell phone and give the details as to where they were.

"She's up and about, but she's refusing to stay here until the medic arrives." he said into it.

"No, she's absolutely insistent that she has to see her sister, and she refuses to listen to me." he went on.

"...from what I can tell, she seems all right at the moment, yes." he then said further.

"Uh-huh... uh-huh... all right, thank you." he finished, before hanging up.

"Certainly hope they're not mad at me and think that was a crank call or false alarm."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 05:02:36 )

Vicki was silent for a moment.

"I'll make sure to clear whatever up later." She told him.

"For now, I need to speak to Alice." She paused here before sighing.

".... remember when you had to go back to kill off that elven boy?" She asked him.

"It's... something similar. I have to do something before the world is in trouble."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 05:18:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Ash didn't quite know what to say here, but then sighed.

"I see." he said.

"Well... I don't know what good I can do, but... if you want company for this, I'll go with." he told her.

"Just in case you need someone there to... well... back up how you feel and such." he continued.

"The powers of your premo...nitions..." he went on, but then trailed off.

"But... you see the PAST..." he recalled. "How does...?" he started to ask further, but then shook his head.

"The answer's going to give me a headache, isn't it?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 05:20:41 )

".... You pulled me to the future." Vicki told him hoenstly.

"You and the future me. Pulled my soul there when she... well.... succumbed to the hell that will be rbought about if Alice and Kiah don't quit what they are doing."

"If you come with me, cool. If not, that's fine. I can do this myself."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 05:48:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah... right then." Ash muttered.

"I see." he said.

"Well, I'm sure Alice won't be an issue in terms of convincing." he went on.

"...but perhaps I'll tag along, just to make sure." he then said.

"Let's go." he told her, before the two of them vanished from where they were, appearing in the backyard of where Alice lived.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 05:50:37 )

Vicki just sighed as they appeared back at her parent's place.

"Nope." She said simply.

"It still the same day that I dropped?" She asked her brother.

"Less than an hour later, yeah." Ash answered.

"Then she's at work. I was supposed to meet her for lunch." With that, they vanished, this time using her mana, appearing in one of the arrival areas.

"Come on." She said with a light wave for him to follow, before heading off.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 06:14:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash was silent, before just shaking his head to himself.

"Should have asked." he muttered.

"But I didn't." he said.

He then watched her go, before following her.

"Right." he said.

"Lead the way." he told her.

"You're the one that knows where we're going."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 06:22:03 )

"You know where her office is just as well as I do." was all Vicki said as they walked.

They reached the office in question easily and quickly enough, before knocking on the door. When Alice answered, Vicki made her way in, left the door open for Ash if he opted to follow, before just looking to her sister.

"Usser Wissberg. Give me access to your lab." She said. Alice paused.

"I... what?" She asked. "Two qustions. One: How did you even find out about that place, and two.... Why?" She asked.

"Let's just say that I had a retty wild ride and know what you're doing. I also know that you shouldn't be taking theory into practicality QUITE as you are." Vicki answered, leaving Alice a bit surprised.

"Wait... what? Ash, do you have any idea what's going on with her?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 06:47:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Thankfully, Ash HAD followed Vicki into the office, so Alice was, indeed, directing her question to him, as he shut the door behind himself. He then looked at Alice, before sighing heavily.

"Yes and no." he responded.

"I have NO idea what research she's talking about." he admitted. "I don't know any of the nitty-gritty details." he said further. "However, what I DO know is that, through technicalities, she's seen what the future holds." he told her.

"And the future is apparently very bleak." he went on.

"Alice, you know mana is a very fickle and unpredictable thing at times." he then said further.

"But I really think that Vicki's onto something, here. I think we need to take her word for this."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 06:50:39 )

Alice looked to her sister, from head to toe, before sighing.

"You can't get in, though." She told Vicki honestly.

"Wait, what?" Vicki asked, her voice surprised.

"Mana lock or something?" She asked, Alice just shook her head.

"Not at all. It's actually going through decontamination at the moment, can't be overridden due to an... event... that happened there yesterday when Kiah was working on things with Ilias." The medic anaswered.

"So take Lindsay. He can at least survive it." Vicki paused as her sister said that, debating it, before looking to Ash.

"Think he'd agree?" She asked him,

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 07:12:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash paused as he thought about it, pondering his brother and his personality.

"...hmmmm..." he mumbled.

"Perhaps." he said.

"He might need serious convincing, though." he told her. "You know how pacifist he is. Irritatingly so." he grumbled.

"Which is to say, you're going to need to perhaps be forceful with him." he then clarified.

"Not necessarily hurt him, but... well, maybe assert dominance-" he went on, before his cell chimed. He looked at it briefly, before his eyes widened.

"Excuse me a moment." he told then, before stepping outside the office door, closing it again behind him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 07:16:05 )

Alice and Vicki shared a look before nodding.

"Guild." they said in unison, snickering slightly afterwards.

"Anyway, text me the coordinates. I'm going to go bug Lindsay. Shouldn't be an issue, as I won't be asking him to actually harm anyone."

"Good luck, Vicki." Alice said simply as she grabbed her phone, typing the requested text.

"Oh. One last thing before I go, sis..." Vicki started.

"Ask Taylor out on a fucking date already, will you?" Was the last thing she said before vanishing in a burst of mana, leaving her sister stunned, silent, and frozen for a second.

Vicki appeared in the backyard of her brothers home and looked around, wondering if anyone was outside. When she saw no one was, she made her way to the backdoor, and knocked.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 07:36:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

There was silence for a moment, before the door was answered by Evan.

"Oh! Aunt Vicki!" he said, opening the door a little more and stepping out of the way.

"Come in." he offered.

"What's up?" he asked.

"Want something to drink or something?" he offered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.