Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Unexpected Trip

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 08:44:24 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Kayla, meanwhile, just rolled her sleeves up. As she did so, there was a definite change in the air, as it seemed to become colder, notably colder at that. It was quickly reaching the point where it was subzero temperatures.

"Work together? Please." She spat as she approached, a telltale marking spreading down both arms.

"This bitch has sentenced me to death, and I'm taking her with me!" Kayla exclaimed as she lunged for Alice. The medic tried to dodge it, but Kayla managed to connect, causing them both to hit the floor. Once down, she brought one hand to Alice's throat, and the other to her chest and placed it over her heart.

And then Ash saw it.

Alice's mana was being drained.

He knew how this looked, as it happened once with Vic before she was locked in that room. It was why she was locked up there, even. The fact that she had acquired the ability to drain mana as the freaks outside did.

Kayla was changing.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 09:05:34 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The colour drained from Ash's face as he saw this, and realised what was happening.

"NO!" he yelled, grabbing Kayla and tearing her off of Alice, throwing her against a nearby wall.

"Damn it!" he cursed, grabbing his communicator and pressing a button to alert all those with them.

"Code Orange! Section 4, hallway 2! It's Kayla!" he shouted into it, before standing at the ready, his hands balling into fists.

"I don't care what you think, or what you believe to be your justice." he said to her. "You're changing. You're becoming a threat. And NOBODY deserves to have that inflicted upon them. You can blame Alice all you want, but damn it, she doesn't deserve to share YOUR fate! Or the fate that Vic almost succumbed to!" he growled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 09:07:31 )

Kayla just laughed as Alice fought to get to her feet. The impact had hurt, most certainly, however the drain was strong.

"Really? She sentenced me to death, all of us to the inevitable death by those freaks out there. We're either going to die or become one. Why can't I take her out with me? She may as well join the rest of us!" She half screamed.

"But if I have to go through you, Your mana is quite a rare treat. I'll take it, gladly!"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 09:27:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Because damn it, we need to hold onto our humanity! Our civility!" Ash yelled back, as his hands balled into fists.

"And you want my mana? Feel free to try and take it." he growled, as they heard more footsteps racing towards where they were. From all directions. And they knew that it would be people ready for this. They would come prepared to take Kayla down, and throw her out into the wasteland if need be. The only reason Vic was given the treatment she was, was because she was one of the ones that could potentially end this hell.

Kayla? Not so much...

"Kayla, you KNOW what's going to happen..." Ash said to her.

"And I'm sorry it had come to this." he finished, sadness in his tone, before he narrowed his eyes, and lifted Alice onto his back, the hood she'd been wearing still covering her face and head.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 12:47:32 )

"She's probably an inch from death anyway!" Kayla called to Ash.

"Do not be surprised if I wont this one!" She added before laughing, almost maniacally as the others arrived. Alice, meanwhile, seemed to be barely breathing. She was alive, he could feel her heartbeat against his back, but it wasn't the strongest, at all. She barely had any strength to her voice for the moment, before giving him a room number.

"Entrance... is in there. The cabinet." She added as Kayla was 'tended to'.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 22:47:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash watched as Kayla seemed to just willingly let go of her humanity. Vic had fought to keep it, and it showed. He'd seen her slow decline, as she grasped ever tighter on her soul, but it kept getting torn away, bit by bit.

Kalya, however, looked to have just given up. Seeing Alice must have just caused her to completely 'let go', whether it be unintentionally from her emotions, or worse... willingly, for cold revenge.

But there was no denying it. She was gone, now. And soon the physical changes would start. He could tell from that laugh. She wasn't going to 'come back' from this like Vic had. She'd let go. She was now falling into that pit. And not even trying to grab onto the ledge to slow it down.

"...right." he replied quietly to Alice, before slipping away, and telling one of them someone needed to take over sentry duty on the roof for now. When the one he spoke to said they would do it, themselves, he nodded, disappearing from the commotion.

He made his way to the room that Alice had told him, slipped inside, made his way to the cabinet in question, and opened it... to reveal that it looked practically empty, save for some old dusty broken brooms, and small empty containers that once had cleaning supplies in them.

"...just step through..." Alice told him. He nodded in response, before walking forward... and slipping through the back of the cabinet like it was nothing. Like it wasn't even there.

"...glamour?" he asked Alice.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 22:53:36 )

"Yeah." Alice answered after a few seconds.

"You can only get through because of my mana." she added, her voice quiet, but starting to sound a touch better. The nexus would be a rather drastic help.

It took a bit, probably more stairs than he thought there would be, before Ash found himself at a door. When he opened it, he properly realised that he was stepping into the room with the nexus.

And there was some very familiar mana in there, too.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 23:19:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay had been tending to some notes, when he looked over and saw the two of them.

"...Ash...?" he muttered.

"What are you...?" he started to ask, before he noticed the shape that Alice was in.

"Good lord, what happened!?" he exclaimed, rushing over.

"Your mana levels are... alarmingly low." he said, before pausing as the thought came to the front of his mind.

"...did one of THEM get the drop on you, somehow?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 23:25:03 )

Alice was silent for a moment before sighing, heavily.

"Kayla." was her answer as Ash set her down on the couch they had down there.

"She..." She started before sighing and flipping her hood down, making the lack of a glow for her eyes more apparent, along with her extremely pale complexion.

"She was infected. Seeing me... she succumbed."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 23:52:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....damn it..." Lindsay cursed.

"So we've lost Kayla now." he said.

"Easily." Ash commented. "As soon as she saw Alice, it was like she found her reason to let go of her soul, and she readily did it." he explained.

"Damn it!" Lindsay cursed again.

"Well, just rest for a bit, Alice." he then said to the woman on the couch.

"Give it 20 minutes or so, and you'll be up and about like nothing happened."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 23:55:39 )

"I know." Alice said as she just got comfy.

"Where's Ze--" She started before there was a burst of fire.

"Right here." The dark skinned elven looking woman stated as she appeared in the middle of the room.

"Was out looking for you." She added before pausing as it clicked that Ash was there.

".... All right, who fucked things up and brought him down here, again?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 00:24:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just sighed.

"Don't blame anyone." he said.

"I was working when I shouldn't have been. Was covering for someone who suddenly fell ill. High fever and really just... couldn't stay awake." he told them.

"...well, it was bound to happen sooner or later." Lindsay admitted, shaking his head.

"Also... Zeria?" Ash addressed the newcomer.

"YOU'RE down here we well?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 00:26:51 )

"Hello." Zeria said with a nod.

"I am. I'm the one usually doing supply runs for the three down here." She added.

"Mostly for Jordan." Alice commented.

"Trust. Considering what needs to be collection for her, I really am the best to do that." Zeria agreed.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 00:50:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh." Ash responded.

"That makes sense." he said, before pausing again.

"Wait..." he said. "Wait, Jordan's down here, too!?" he asked.

"... she is." Lindsay confirmed.

"I see." Ash muttered.

"Well, seems that wish I made however long ago erased my memories of you guys being here, and this room, anyway." he commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 01:01:02 )

"That was the intention." Zeria answered.

"You'd said you didn't feel it would be good for you know about this, as you're one of the two in charge here, and you didn't want to risk Vic finding out if she properly succumbed." She added.

"So it was arranged that you would forget it all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 01:22:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Ash was silent as that was said, and just sighed heavily.

"Well... well, Vic finding out before she succumbs isn't an issue any longer..." he admitted.

"...what?" Lindsay asked hesitantly.

"Lindsay, she's gone." Ash said. "She finally couldn't hang on any longer, and... and..." he stammered, biting his bottom lip.

"She's a monster now." Lindsay finished.

"Actually, no." Ash corrected him. "We... did the 'swap' ritual." he said. "Vic's soul was pulled away before it completely eroded, and... well, I assume it passed on to the afterlife." he explained.

"And... Vicki from about 250 years ago is in her body now."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 01:40:21 )

Alice was silent for a moment before sighing, heavily.

"So you mean to say that we now have my naive overexcitable sister." She added, overstating how chipper and cheery the university student was.

"I'm not sure what I think about that, if I'm being honest." She added.

"Well, at the very least, Vic's body hasn't changed. That's the important thing." Zeria then said. "As that would be catastrophic."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 02:21:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash looked at Alice after she'd said all she did, and after Zeria had made her comment.

"Naïve, yes. Over excitable, maybe." he said. "However, she's doing all she can to help this." he told her.

"And I agree that WOULD be catastrophic, but thankfully, that hasn't happened." he agreed with Zeria.

"Help...?" Lindsay asked.

"Wait... are you suggesting that Vicki learn what happened here, so that she can go back and stop this from happening in the past?" he asked Ash.

"Pretty much." Ash responded.

"At this point, letting this world rot and die, as little more than a branch timeline... if that's how that works, I honestly can't figure it out, still... is a very viable option." he reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 02:26:07 )

Alice sighed, heavily.

".... it's probably the best thing taht can happen." She admitted.

"Should make sure she has the information pertaining to the nexus as well, take that back. There is a lot that would be beneficial to take back, I think." She added.

"What do you mean?" Zeria asked.

"I mean the power boost from close proximity, specifically." Alice answered.

"If only just because of the fact that it would be beneficial for Vicki to know, considering what happens shortly after her graduation." She added

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 02:49:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

There was silence for a moment in the room, before Lindsay sighed.

"Indeed." he said.

"That IS a good point." he admitted.

"Huh?" Ash muttered.

"What are you talking about?" he asked them.

"After graduation? You mean her becoming new head of the Council?" he asked further.

"What's wrong with THAT?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.