Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Unexpected Trip

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 03:05:56 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Alice shook her head.

"No." She told him simply.

"It's due to an event that happens after her graduation. You were in your stasis at the time." She added.

"Vicki nearly died due to a mana attack." Zeria commented.

"And the extra mana that the nexus would give her from proximity and frequent visits would most certainly help her survive better."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 03:27:41 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Ash was silent as he heard that.

'And WHY was I not told of this!?" he exclaimed, starting to get angry.

"Because you would have overreacted. Much like you're doing NOW." Lindsay responded.

"..." Ash was stunned at the answer, before just sighing and flopping down in a nearby chair.

"...checkmate." he muttered.

"But yes, it'd be good for Vicki to know that." he admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 03:33:11 )

Alice just sighed, heavily.

"I suppose I'm heading upstairs to her then." She commented.

"Chances are she's not sleeping, anyway. Have you seen her sleep since the swap, Ash?" She then asked after a moment or two.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 03:53:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash thought about it, before he realised something.

He hadn't.

"Uh... actually... no." he said. "I haven't." he admitted.

Lindsay merely shook his head.

"Not surprising." he muttered.

"Really?" Ash asked.

"A soul housed in a different body? Too much discord happening for there to be peaceful sleep." Lindsay told him. "Yes, it's Vicki's body, technically, but they're different enough, sadly."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 04:00:05 )

"Plus, the change that is coming." Alice added.

"One of the earliest signs is that the person just... stops sleeping, stops needing it, seemingly never tired." She commented.

"And then there are the mental differences before ... well, if they give in, it's quick and sudden." Zeria added on.

"Before that, there's the whole mana drain she'll sustain as well, but that's shortlived before the change."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 04:22:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...oh no..." Ash said quietly.

"We'll need to get the info to her so she can go back to her own time. Fast." Lindsay said.

"And then she'll be able to stop this, right?" Ash asked.

"Most likely." Lindsay responded.

"I really do blame myself for this, too." he then said further, shaking his head.

"YOU?" Ash asked confusedly.

"The fire that Alice and Kiah started wouldn't have happened without my unwittingly throwing firestarter on it." Lindsay growled. "...even though I warned them..." he muttered under his breath.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 04:30:30 )

"Spare me that shit, Lindsay." Alice snapped.

"Theory becomes reality when it's tested." She then said.

"Kiah and I were merely testing it, wanting to see if it was true. The testers were did were all good, so we moved on. I'm so sorry that we slighted you in such a way because of it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 04:50:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"The testers you did were under very controlled conditions." Lindsay responded. "The real world has a LOT more chaos to it, which-" he started to say further, before Ash interjected.

"YES, YES, YES, I get it, you're both awful and it's your fault!" he said loudly.

"Snapping each other's heads off is NOT going to solve anything, and it's NOT going to do anything about what's happening to Vicki right now!" he told them. "So we can just focus on getting her the info she needs, while there's still time for her to USE it!?" he asked them.

"..." Lindsay was silent, before hanging his head.

"You're right." he admitted.

"...Alice still needs to rest for another 10 minute or so." he then insisted.

"Seriously, she needs to be able to actually move on her own power before we impart the necessary info to Vicki." he reasoned. "Because bringing HER down HERE would... not be a good idea."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 04:52:58 )

"That body of hers would... kick into gear and end up trying to devour the nexus." Zeria told Ash.

"Even if the soul is diffrent, and as a result the effets are weakened, it would still not be a very good result." Alice commented.

"However, I'll be all right in a few, and we can go up. I also think that we have at least a bit of time. Has your mana been on edge around her?" She asked Ash, her voice curious.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 05:18:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash thought for a moment, before shaking his head.

"Uhhh... not that I've noticed, no." he said.

"Means we still have some time." Lindsay reasoned. "Not a LOT... but a comfortable amount, essentially." he said.

"...why are you all down here, anyway?" Ash then asked.

"To see if we can't use this nexus, and the mana it generates, to solve this issue." Lindsay replied.

"Alice wants to find a way to use it to reverse the effects... I'm here absorbing as much as I can, before seeing if I can go out and overload those monstrosities. Make them get their fill to the point of being obliterated."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 05:20:40 )

"Hence why the two of us are... probably stronger than Dad and Aunt Hollie combined. Each." Alice commented.

"We both spend almost all day down here, very rarely leaving so as to ensure that we can get the natural boost from the proximity." She continued.

"He," she jabbed her thumb at their brother, "wants to obliterate the freaks, I want to reverse it. I feel like obliterating them won't fix the issue, just put a temporary stopper to it. Reversing it will be more permanent, I believe."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 05:40:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Meanwhile, I want there to be a backup solution, in case reversing it is impossible." Lindsay retorted, almost pointedly.

"...this... is so unlike you." Ash said. "Normally it'd be the reverse in terms of opinions, wouldn't it?" he asked.

"Kind of. Or, well, Alice and I would agree on a more peaceful solution." Lindsay responded.

"However... well... I suppose Alice is made of sterner stuff than I am, mentally speaking." he then said. "I reached my breaking point, and await when I can destroy those abominations out there." he went on.

"They're soulless devourers of mana and life force. If they're destroyed, then maybe this world has SOME change to heal and come back from the brink."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 05:50:44 )

"See, I'm of the believe that Lindsay is prepping for the short term, I'm prepping for the long term." Alice said simply.

"Don't you two start arguing again, please." Zeria commented from where she was.

"I really don't want to listen to it, and if Jordan was here right now she'd ---" Alice started before freezing.

"Shit! Ash, get out of here. NOW." She half snapped.

"Seriously. GO. Lindsay, would you mind checking on Jordan? She's likely not doing too well with holding all that back."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 06:12:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"What...?" Ash muttered confusedly, as Lindsay jumped to his feet.

"Explanations later!" he cried out. "Ash, please! Just leave this place!" he told him.

"QUICKLY! Just until you're on the other side of the glamoured barrier!" he finished, before racing off deeper into the room.

Ash was still confused, but turned raced off.

"You'll explain this to me later!" he yelled to them, before hastily making his way back from whence he came, stepping out of the supposed old piece of storage furniture, and shutting the door behind him.

"...." he was then silent, before sighing, and making his way back up to where Vicki was.

"Knock-knock?" he announced, sticking his head in and knocking on the doorframe.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 06:15:27 )

"Hey" Vicki said as she looked up from the notebook she was pouring over.

"Sup?" She asked after a few seconds.

"You ok? You look... I dunno. Like maybe you saw a ghost or something."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 06:36:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Ash didn't know what to say at that moment. Should he tell her about all he discovered? What he learned? Should she learn that NOW? From HIM? Or would it be better coming from Alice?

In the end, he decided to go with something that was still shocking, and rather saddening.

"We've lost Kayla." he told her.

"She'd been infected. And she rapidly succumbed." he said further.

"I don't know if my earlier transmission came through over YOUR device, but... yeah. She's lost to us now. Her soul is gone and she's... little more than one of THOSE things outside..." he lamented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 06:38:29 )

Vicki was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Damn. I liked her." she commented honestly.

"At least she's been taken care of then.... Would much prefer not having someone like those running through these halls. Which is why I don't go wandering." she added.

"I'm... What... Halfway there? After all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 07:02:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, Ash was unsure as to what to say here. He'd learned more about the transformation while down there... or, rather, had received a chilling reminder of how the process happened.

He then shook his head a little, and chuckled.

"Somewhere there." he said, putting on a small smile.

"We'll just need to get you back to your own time before anything drastic happens." he told her.

"And hopefully you'll have the info you need to stop this world from becoming a reality."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 07:06:56 )

"That would be ideal, yes." Vicki agreed after a few seconds.

"However, I'm not sure what kind of timeline I'm on, and I certainly don't have anything concrete to take back. Seems no one knows what exactly happened anymore." She just shook her head before meeting his gaze.

"What time is it, anyway?" She asked. "Dawn close or something? You said you were on sentry duty tonight."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 07:29:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh right, that." Ash said.

"Ah... well, I was, but then the whole hectic crap with Kayla happened, and because I happened to be near her at the time, defending someone from her, someone else offered to take the rest of the time." he told her.

"So... not quite dawn yet." he went on.

"Still got a few hours before the sun shows itself." he chuckled.

As he said this, his mind was wondering if that was good enough. He didn't want to be the one to reveal that Alice was alive. Or should he? Would it be better to tell her and not have it be such a shock when Alice showed up?

What more else could he say? Or should he say?

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.