Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Unexpected Trip

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 07:39:12 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Hey Ev." Vicki said as she stepped inside.

"And I'm actually here for your father." She added.

"He home?" She asked, her voice curious as he closed the door behind her.

"He's in the basement." Evan answered, to which Vicki nodded.

"Great, thanks." She said before heading off, leaving Evan behind as she made her way downstairs.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 08:02:45 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Evan watched her go, confused, but didn't stop her. He figured it was important, so he just went back to what he was doing.

Meanwhile, Vicki had made her way downstairs, and saw the door to Lindsay's home gym was ajar, and when she stepped inside, she saw Lindsay sitting on one of the barbell benches, lifting a sizeable dumbbell with his right arm. And he was building up a sweat, too.

He looked over and saw Vicki was there, before raising a finger on his free hand.

"...one... second..." he told her, letting it fall heavily to the floor with a solid thud.

"...whew." he exhaled.

"Anyway... what's up, Vicki?" he asked her, wiping the sweat off his forehead with a nearby towel.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 08:04:51 )

"Need your help to destroy some research." Vicki told him plainly.

"They have no live subjects in there at the moment, since the place is under strict lockdown for decontamination. Meaning, sadly, you're perfect for it." She added with a sigh.

"Sorry about that... but... it needs to be done. You in?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 08:24:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay was silent for a moment... looking confused.

"Eh?" he muttered.

"Destroy research?" he asked her.

"Why?" he asked further.

"Seriously Vicki, tell me more information." he said.

"I need to at least know WHY you feel this is the right course of action."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 08:28:37 )

"because I spent a month and a half with my soul in the future and honestly? It was terrifying." Vicki answered, almost no emotion to her voice.

"Even being back here... I know it wasn't long, an hour at most, but..." She paused a moment before sighing, heavily.

"Reasonably certain that my trip left it's mark on me... but that's a conversation for a different time." She then said, shaking her head.

"I need to destroy what Alice and Kiah were working on. Did you know that they took Somnium Speculativa and put it into literal practical experiments?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 08:48:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Instantly, Lindsay's expression changed.

"Damn it all." he cursed. "I WARNED them that that book was nothing more than just theory!" he said.

"All right, I'm in." he told her.

"Just... give me a minute." he said further.

"Let me rehydrate a little before I help you stop this madness."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 08:51:11 )

Vicki nodded.

"I'll be upstairs. You do what you need to." She told him. After he agreed, she headed off. This was a mess, she kne that, but she also knew that it needd to be fixed before the world she saw came to pass.

As she entered the kitchen, she paused, shaking her head almost vilently as she tried to shake the visages of what was both erh past and her future from her mind.

"dammit.." she muttered. "That's gonna haunt me for awhile."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 09:05:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Unbeknownst to her, someone had heard that. It was Evan, which... wasn't really surprising, as he DID have exceptional hearing. Came with the feline features he inherited from his mother.

"What is?" he asked, stepping into the room.

"Aunt Vicki, are you all right?" he asked her.

"Is something wrong?" he asked further.

"You really look like you've been through a rough patch in your life."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 09:07:16 )

Vicki looked to her nephew before sighing.

"Firstly, as I've said before, drop the Aunt. We're in the same age bracket. It's weird." She told him.

"Secondly... yeah. Kinda lived through a month and a half of hell crammed into an hour or so." She added.

"I'll get over it, I know I will, just..won't be easy"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 09:25:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I, uh... I see." Evan responded.

"I'll try and remember to not use 'Aunt'." he told her.

"And... a month and a half crammed into an hour or so?" he then asked. "That's... pretty heavy." he said further.

"I mean, Dad can always help with that." he offered, before pausing.

"And I can try, as well." he then told her.

"Remember, I'm studying to follow in his footsteps."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 13:47:25 )

Vicki was silent for a moment before chuckling.

"I know." She assured him.

"I think I'll be all right for the moment." She then said. "But who knows, I might end up being the way you prove to your father you actually do have what it takes."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 23:03:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...that would be amazing, yet sad." Evan responded.

"If helping you would accomplish such a thing, that'd be wonderful, but I wouldn't be doing it for just that. Or even that, at all." he told her. "And let's hope that you don't get to the point of needing such help, and are able to deal with it yourself, healthily and safely." he added, as Lindsay stepped up from the basement, having quickly gotten changed.

"All right, let's go." he said to Vicki.

"I'll assume you know where we're going and leave it to you." he said further, before looking at Evan.

"Hey, son." he greeted him.

"Hey, Dad." Evan replied.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 23:06:05 )

Vicki nodded.

"That, I do." She confirmed before looking to Evan.

"Lemme know how your studies go." She then said. "Who knows, I might be able to put you to work. And yes, I'd pay." She added as she pushed off of the wall she'd ended up leaning against.

"I got the coords here." She said simply.

"Warning, it's gonna be cold, and the air will be thinner." She added.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 23:26:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Evan just chuckled a little, as Lindsay raised an eyebrow. But before he could say anything, Vicki handed him her phone with the coordinates she'd been given displayed on the screen.

Lindsay looked at them, before nodding slightly.

"All right, let's get a move on." he said, handing her the phone back, as Evan took a few steps back.

With that, Vicki and Lindsay disappeared in a burst of red flames, appearing outside somewhere... where the air was, indeed, cold and thin. And there didn't seem to be a single person around.

"...you weren't kidding." Lindsay said, as the snow fell around them.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 23:29:05 )

"Nope. We're up in the alps." Vicki commented before looking around. She was trying to find tehe door.

Which was easier said that done. It took nearly five minutes, with both of them searching,. before they found it. It was covered in rocks and such in order to make it that it blended in with the surroundings. Smart, but also annoying.

"Lindsay!" vicki called. "Found the door!"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 23:50:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay made his way over towards her, and saw that she had, indeed, found the door. It looked to be made of solid thick steel, and it looked like it, as well as the inside, would be barred, mana-wise, to prevent anyone from just getting in.

"Well, let's clear these out of the way." he said.

And so they did. Some rocks were larger, others were smaller, but after a few minutes, they had cleared it all out, and saw the entirety of the steel door before them.

Lindsay examined it closely, noting a keypad that had been hidden by the rocks as well, before checking it. Any input caused the small display to turn red, with a 'NO ENTRY' message flashing on it.

"Well, it's definitely locked out for everyone." Lindsay commented. "Not even getting to any biometrics or anything." he went on.

"I suppose that's why I'M here, is it?" he asked. "Brute force this thing open?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 23:56:18 )

"Well, that and to be honest, death means nothing to you. Or at least, not in the same way that most people care about it." Vicki answered.

"If you could get in there and just... set it all ablaze or something, that'd be fantastic." She added. "If you don't want to do it, I will." She paused here, before sighing lightly.

"Sadly, it is something that needs to be done, regardless of who dos it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 00:17:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"No, no, I get it." Lindsay responded.

"No need for YOU to endanger yourself. As you said, death it... well, it's a thing for me. That I experience. A lot." he chuckled. "Gregory's starting to become numb to seeing me." he told her honestly.

He then cracked his knuckles, and grabbed the middle seam where the two sides of the door met, and started to pull. She saw the sweat bead up on his forehead, as his arm muscles bulged and strained, before they heard creaking and groaning... moments before he managed to pull the doors open. Enough for him to slip through, anyway.

And sure enough, they could IMMEDIATELY smell the strong, almost overpowering scent of cleaner. Industrial cleaner, with how strong it was.

"Oof. Stand back." Lindsay told Vicki.

"That is some SERIOUS business in there."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 00:20:02 )

Vicki didn't hesitate before stepping back.

"Yeah, I noticed." She commented, coughing a bit.

"Let's just choke a bitch." She added as she covered her mouth and nose with a hand.

"Wow. Some serious cleaning going on in there."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 00:44:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"All right, in I go." Lindsay then said.

With that, he took a deep breath and raced in through the doors he'd pried open. A few moments after he had, she heard him screaming out in pain and agony, but before she could say anything, she saw a spark in the darkness inside the doors.

Then... like a bomb had been set off inside, she heard a massive explosion, and felt the earth beneath her rumble slightly, as a massive stream of fire shot out from the doorway, rising into the air and dissipating quickly into the snow and cold.

What was left was an overpowering stench of burning cleaner and other things, as smoke billowed out from the doorway now. She approached it slowly, before Lindsay leaped out of the area, discoloured from whatever cleaner had been being used, blackened with soot and debris, yelling as loud as he could, rolling around in the snow.

"AAAAH! AAAAH!" he voice, now unnervingly shrill, echoed around them.

"IT BURNS! IT BURNS!" he shouted, trying desperately to find relief... and failing.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.