Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A United Front

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 22:51:56 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Damn it." Hal cursed.

"But very well." he said.

"I will do all I can to find out what's happened. And try and stop this from happening again." he assured her, using her own words.

"It may be tied to this Vyran person, but that's just a theory." he went on.

"I'll see if anyone I was meeting with knows anything about it, or has any sort of lead."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 01:48:10 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Terra nodded.

"That would be lovely." She commented.

"It's just something that needs to be found, and if you alreayd have a potential lead, that is fantastic." She then siad.

"So let me know if you need me for anything, please. I will be up here for awhile, I think."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 02:00:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I shall do so." Hal responded.

"I promise." he said.

With that, they exchanged good-byes, and he left, making his way back down to the planning session.

"My apologies." he said as he entered.

"It seems that the situation has gotten far more complicated suddenly." he told her.

"A nexus has been shut down. Disappeared."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 02:04:27 )

Vanessa paused her writing as she heard that before looking over to Hal.

".... All righ then." She started before starting to write again.

"I'm going to take a guess as to where." he then said.

"Stonehenge."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 02:28:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent for a moment.

"...that's right." he said.

"She told me it was Stongehenge. A recent nexus that very few people knew about." he went on.

"How did...?" he started to ask, before pausing.

"I know how." he sighed.

"That's where your base is, isn't it?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 02:30:37 )

"About six stories beneath it, yes." Vanessa answered.

"Ihad found some song catacombs ages ago, and I don't know what created them originally. After disovering they were empty and whatever had created them was long since gone, I took 'em for myself." She added.

"And yes, I was situated at a Nexus. And yes that was intentional. No, I did not create it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 02:39:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel, who was there as well, merely sighed.

"Makes sense." he said.

"Being situated on a nexus would be the optimal location for you. Especially one as new as that one, in a place that's rumoured to just have mystical powers anyway." he reasoned.

"Hiding in plain sight." Hal summarised.

"Or a variation thereof." Azazel clarified.

"Regardless, that means Vyran has actually succeeded in commandeering and absorbing a nexus." Hal then said, his tone heavy.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 02:42:18 )

"Which is most certainly alarming." Vanessa commented with a heavy sigh.

"So, I presume you're going to put together a team of some sort to go and take care of this little issue." She then said.

"Time is now of the essence. As far as I am aware, not that I know entirely, if one did absorb a nexus, they can sense ot the location of another. Or perhaps Icesska can do that for him, being basically a portable one."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 03:24:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'm going to have to." Hal responded.

"The problem is, we have very little knowledge about Vyran." he said.

"We have what Icesska told us, and what YOU'VE told us, but Icesska is no longer here." he went on. "The only other one that we might need... and when I say 'might', I mean 'probably definitely', is Lyrei." he told her.

"But she is unconscious, and none of us know how to wake her up." he lamented.

"I remember she told me that she is the crux of Runes, and that to wake a crux up, another crux is needed, or similar magic needs to be imbued within them." he continued. "And the closest we come to that is the mana produced by runestones." he said further.

"But it is effectively a lost, forgotten, and dead practice."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 03:27:51 )

"That it is. I know how to utilise runes already there, but I have absolutely no idea how to create them." Vanessa commented. "That is information lost to time, since before I was born, at that."

"What's this about runestones?" A new voice asked from the open doorway. When they looked over, they saw a blue eyed redhead with a file folder.

"Seriously, what's going on?" She asked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 04:00:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal raised an eyebrow when he saw the newcomer.

"Eh?" he mumbled.

"We have a patient in the medical wing. Name's Lyrei." he told her.

"She is essentially the key to saving our realm, but she is unconscious and the only realistic way we have of reviving her is to use runestones." he explained, truncating it severely, but still getting the point across.

"Why?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 04:11:57 )

"It's not something that comes up often." Erica commented.

"So I didn't execpt to hear anyone mention runestones." She added before holding out the folder.

"This case has been wrapped up. I brought it up for your filing purposes, and going to take an early day because this went quicker than expected." She told him.

"So... yeah... I'll get out of your hair."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 06:40:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal accepted the folder and nodded.

"Thank you." he responded.

"The fact that you even know of runestones is impressive." he then told her. "It's not something that comes up often? Might as well say it's forgotten knowledge. Relegated to nothing more than mere legend and fiction, even among OUR circles."{/b] he said further.

[b]"Regardless, thank you."
he repeated.

"I'll make a note you finished it and wrapped it up, and file it away later."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 06:47:10 )

Erica nodded.

"Yeah. That works. Sorry to have interrupted." She said as she stepped back toward the door.

"See ya." Witht hat, she waved, and was gone.

Vanessa just smirked lightly before returning to what she was doing, not saying anything.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 07:07:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Her smirk had not gone unnoticed by Hal, but he decided not to say anything.

He didn't like when Vanessa seemed to have eyes for one of his employees or friends, but they were under a truce right now. And she seemed to be honouring it completely. So he would extend that respect, and not say anything.

For now.

He then sighed, shook his head, and looked at the papers they had.

"Regardless, we need to think up a plan of attack that seems like it would have SOME degree of success."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 07:11:18 )

"That's obvious." Vanessa commented after a second or two.

"However, I don't have much in terms of ideas. Aside from possibly using the complex against him." She said, sitting back in the chair she was in.

"Granted, I cannot guarantee that would work, as who knows what Azari has done to the place if he's still alive to do anything." She then said. "Since we all know that the intelligent and strategic thing would be keeping Azari around, alive, and usable, in order to disarm traps or what-have-you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 07:32:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Indeed." Hal responded.

"Azari is the kink in all this." he said.

"Well... one of them..." he then mumbled.

"As you said, Vyran has a puppet that is knowledgeable about the complex, which puts him at less of a disadvantage. The other is that he is insanely powerful now that he has control of, and has absorbed, the nexus." he said further.

"That is not as immediate of a concern as one may think." Azazel chimed in.

"Oh?" Hal asked.

"As far as I know, nobody as ever successfully done this in the history of... well, anything. However, theoretically speaking, I don't care HOW strong one is, when you absorb THAT much power, it's going to take everything you have to not explode from it. One would need to properly contain it until one learned to control it." he said further.

"I'd guess, from what I've heard of him, he'll be vulnerable... relatively speaking... for 4 or 5 days." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 07:35:50 )

"At least that means we have a bit of a timeframe." Vanessa commented.

"Since there's, as you said, no records of it all ever happening in the past." She continued.

"I would be amazed if he was able to be up and on his feet immediately."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 07:46:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'd go as far as to say that's unthinkable." Azazel told her.

"If I were to wager a guess, at this point, he's probably laid up... wherever... in the complex, and he's using most of his energy and will to contain the nexus' power." he said further. "And a little to maintain his hold on Azari, to act as a guard of sorts." he went on.

"So we don't have ALL the time in the world, but odds are Vyran will not want to act hastily." he continued.

"If he moves in such a vulnerable state, then we will be able to intercept, and make him lose his old on that power." Hal concluded.

"Precisely." Azazel confirmed.

"For now, we need to concern ourselves with a proper team to invade the complex."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 07:53:45 )

"I realise we don't have all the time in the world. But we don't have a 2 hours ago style timeframe." Vanessa commented.

"And that, alone, is a good thing." She added after a few seconds, not entirely sure what else to add for the moment.

"So yes, someone does need to be sent out there to deal with this, to deal with that entire fucking mess."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.