Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A United Front

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 23:47:42 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

He walked down the well-lit corridor of the complex that he had found himself in. He looked around, peering through several doors along the way, seeing people working on various different things. Some were mixing chemicals, others were stacking various boxes, others were monitoring panels and screens... and none of them seemed to care that he didn't belong there.

Which was unsurprising to him.

"Hmmm." he mumbled. "So THIS is the world you escaped to..." he said further, seemingly talking to someone else, but there was nobody there. "A fine choice." he said with a dark chuckle.

"This world feels like a paradise." he said further. "I can feel the saturation of magic within this realm... flowing so much more freely than home. So few restrictions on it." he continued, before his small smile faded, and his looked at his hands.

"...though the price I am paying for it is steep, indeed." he growled, balling his hands into fists and clenching them tightly for a moment... before loosening them up, letting his arms fall to his sides, and sighing heavily.

"Thankfully I landed in a place that is... quite conducive to myself... complete with my own private magic flask." he added, laughing again, this time more loudly, but then quickly pausing.

"...and on that note..." he then said further, trailing off a little, and walking in a specific direction with purpose. He made his way to one of the doors that led to a dungeon-like room in the complex and opened it.

His lavender eyes gazed upon the restrained female contained within, and a cruel smirk played out across his face.

"I had expected a slightly better game of cat-and-mouse from a dark elf." he told her. "But you were caught pathetically easily."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 23:57:07 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Hard to escape when all it takes is a touch from you." Was the reply he received. There was venom to it, definite snark, but ... she sounded more, well, not quite weak, but well on her way there.

"[b]"You know this world won't let you live right?" She asked. "Sure, drain all my mana, I know you're likely to eventually, but what will you do when that runs out? No one else has mental mana like mine." She continued, a smirk to her voice.

"And without that element, you know that it won't mix well with yours." Was the last thing she said, locking her one golden eye on his lavender ones. Her white and gold hair was a mess, hanging filthily all around her, as she was chained to the wall. Her clothes were in quite a state needing a wash, but weren't destroyed - yet. Her cloak (which she'd admit she was surprised he let her keep) did help with that, she was sure. It was enchanted, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 00:28:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hmph." was the response he gave to her.

"I DO realise that this world is sapping me of my essence. My magic." he said. "Or, rather, it is not made to allow an even flow of in and out." he then clarified. "I do realise I am dying. As is Icesska, most likely." he went on.

"And he's probably realised it by now." he continued.

"However... after doing some research on this world... I find your version of a schism... or a nexus as you call it... to be quite fascinating." he admitted, getting closer to her as he spoke.

"I think I may be able to tap into their power and take it in for myself." he continued.

"If I can find a way to use these nexuses, then I will grow stronger than ever before... and return home where I can use my newfound strength to fulfill my goal." he explained.

"...and leave this realm to wither and rot."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 00:48:50 )

"Really? You can try." Was all she said.

"Doubt you'd do any good though." She added with a laugh.

"There are most certainly plenty of incompatibilities." She added. "And how would you be getting home anyway?" She asked.

"Since I'm reasonably certain that ... going that far out is not going to be easy."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 01:08:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"All in good time." he responded.

"I may be on a timer, but it's far from strict." he said. "Thanks to YOU, anyway..." he smirked.

"And even when you run out, I've discovered that you have a bloodline." he then said. "I'll find THEM and drain them as well." he reasoned.

"And from what I've seen, they're not as competent and strong as far as the magic of your race is concerned, so it will be mere child's play to get them under MY control." he then reasoned.

"But as far as getting a nexus to be compatible with me... I'll find a way. I always have." he then said casually.

"And even if it takes pooling together all the magic this world has to offer, I WILL reach home again." he added confidently. "My new network of connections and technology should make it a little easier." he went on, smirking at her again.

"Thank you for preparing it all." he thanked her mockingly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 01:24:57 )

She didn't say anything, just smirked. She knew this wouldn't last forever, and she knew that her defenses would kick in, all she needed to do is let a little bit of her mana out. That wasn't hard to do, even thought he tried to stop it.

That leak couldn't be stopped.

All she'd need to do, would be to direct it in just the right way, and this entire complex would blow, protecting her and Azari, and no one else.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 01:57:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As soon as she smirked and had that thought, the man grabbed her by her throat, and she could feel her mana being painfully drained from her body. Her very life force leaving her.

However, he'd only been doing so for about 3 seconds, before Azari stepped in, his expression blank and lifeless.

"...what do you want." the man said in a pointed tone, releasing his hold on the dark elf.

"My liege." Azari responded in a monotone voice. "The spies have told me that a man matching Icesska's description has been staying in San Diego in their branch of The Unit." he reported.

"....excellent." the man said, his face turning into an unnerving grin.

"Things are starting to look up." he said further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 02:04:53 )

.... I know where I must go, then. She thought before sighing, internally.

"Really? Never would have guessed." She commented as some mana started to she opened both eyes, the one being just a void of her mana, and looked to Vyran, in essence targeting him.

Seconds later, alarms were sounding and the entire complex was filled with a dark, opaque, desaturated mist that quickly formed a smoke.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 02:29:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"WHAT!?" the man exclaimed, as the 'smoke' started to fill the complex, and the room as well.

"Damn it!" he cursed, as he brought a hand up to his mouth and nose, and started to cough violently. The smoke was rising a little, so he fell to his front onto the floor, but that didn't save him.

He continued to cough and gag, getting worse by the second.

She knew what she was doing was working.

"You... accursed... dark elf..." the man growled.

"I underestimated you..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 03:20:07 )

The dark elf in question was silent for a moment before laughing.

"You thought I didn't have protections?" She asked, a cruel tone to her voice.

"You thought I wouldn't have defenses here?" Followed.

"Oh please. Let me out of here and I might let you live." She said with a smirk

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 03:28:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Never." he growled.

"You elves are all the same." he said. "And you dark elves are the worst." he spat. "You think you're so high and mighty, when you're the filthiest among the filth!" he spat at her.

"YOU!" he then commanded Azari. "Whatever's happening, stop this!" he ordered.

"..." Azari was silent for a moment, before he shook his head slightly.

"Ngh... huh?" he mumbled.

"Wait, what the hell!?" he then exclaimed, as his mind became clearer once more.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 04:03:23 )

She just laughed.

"Azari, be a doll, let me out." She stated.

"And we can let this bastard rot in here with all the rest." She added, not saying anything to the one that had been draining her. She didn't have anything to say to him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 04:26:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azari only thought for but a second, before rushing towards her.

He did what he could, and she was freed within a matter of a few seconds.

"Yes, of course." he said as he did so.

He then looked towards the downed man, before looking back at her.

"...do I even want to know?" he asked her.

"Actually, never mind. I don't think we have the time." he reasoned.

"Let's get out of here."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 04:49:21 )

"Reasonably certain we don't." She agreed as she carefully got to her feet, a bit unsteady. Moments later, her mana surrounded them, and they vanished from where they were, just for her to collapse to her hands and knees.

They were in a parking lot, a nearly empty one at that. Granted, it was the dead of night, dark as well. She let out some creative curses in elven, before forcing herself to her feet.

"Entrance is that way." She said simply, directing him, before heading off - with Azari's help, of course.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 05:13:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azari, helping her, made his way towards the building that overshadowed the parking lot, and he gritted his teeth when he saw what it was. The office-looking building... why did she come HERE?

He wasn't about ask... not right now, anyway, as they approached the doors and entered the security landing checkpoint.

"Good evening." a male behind the semi-circular desk greeted them... though he was a tad on the distracted side, as he was searching for something in one of the filing cabinets behind him.

"How can I-" he started to ask as he turned around... before freezing in place when he saw who was there.

And the two elves could see the shock, horror, and fear in his eyes.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 05:18:55 )

She made her way over to the desk, leaning against it.

"..... I know who is here." She started, sounding about as horribly as she looked,

"And I know where who he seeks is." she added, knowing that would likely be good enough.However, she wasn't sure, but also knew that she couldn't actually deal with it not being enough.

She felt ready to just die right about then.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 05:44:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man behind the desk was silent for a moment.

He was stunned, until he actually LOOKED at the woman, before his tongue darted out, and he pressed the comm button.

"We have a code 'Soft Crimson and White'." he said into it.

"...the hell?" Azari asked.

The man just sighed and shook his head.

"Code Crimson." he said. "Vanessa Encrae is here." he told them. "SOFT Crimson. She's injured to the point of needing help." he continued. "...and White." he then said further. "Is offering assistance." he finished.

"...I see." Azari muttered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 05:48:00 )

The elf, Vanessa, was silent before laughing.

"I'll recover." She stated simply.

"I just need time. However, I want that ..." She paused a moment before being creative with her elven tongue to find a 'name' for him, "out of my lab."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 06:08:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake raised an eyebrow when she spoke the elven term.

"...god damn it all." he cursed. "I've spent too much time with you in the past." he muttered.

"Why do you say that?" Azari asked.

"...because I understood that." Jake growled.

At that point, the door opened and Azazel and Terra showed up.

Azari, seeing the latter, seemed to immediately grow frightened, the colour draining from his complexion.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 06:16:37 )

The dryad looking woman, Terra, was silent for a moment before sighing, heavily.

"Never once believed that I'd see the pair of you here." She admitted.

"Shove it, Gaea." Vanessa stated simply, with a bit of a snarl.

"I don't plan on being here for long." She added.

"I think you'll be here longer than you expect." Terra commented.

"Whatever." was all Vanessa stated simply.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.