Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Jabberwocky Junction (come chat!)

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/15 08:23:08 )
@Anarchist Beauty: damn. i hope surviving becomes easier for you :(

i've been drifting through other avi sites lol. i fell in love with faenaria's avatar system (basically buying an item once means owning it in all available colours). but there's sadly very few people active there right now. i've also been active on kingdom of knuffel, which isn't as slow as faenaria but still slow on the chatting.

voltra is the most active avatar site i'm on right now.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/15 08:30:19 )

@Whimsy: You and me both.

I've never heard of faenaria, but that item thing sounds cool!
      Buying separate items for all the colors can be tiring.
      And costly. lol
      At least here, the item itself is listed in the invo and you click for all the colors you own instead of each color having it's own icon and clogging up the avi maker.
      Makes things easier.

I literally just remembered I had an account on KofK and went to log in. XD

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/15 10:38:51 )
@Anarchist Beauty: i've also been on trisphee but that site is hopelessly slow. and their pixelist passed away. TT that was tragic, we miss her.
there were no new items for months but now there's another pixelist so maybe things will pick up.
i agree, the organisation of the wardrobe is well done here on voltra.

ohh i have this same hangout on kofk! :D same thread title and everything. but my username there is Mynah.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/15 18:45:48 )

@Whimsy: Oh, I think I've been there, too.
      I was an avi site addict so I've probably been a lot of places I can barely remember. XD
      But oh, that's sad.
      It's always tough to loose someone.
      I remember being back on Sapherna and loosing Jenn.
      It was hard on a lot of people.

Nice, maybe I'll pop by.
      Because I like the avis on KofK, even if they are just headshots. lol
      I have the same username there (and, like, everywhere. XD)

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/16 11:30:26 )

@Anarchist Beauty: yeah it's heartbreaking.
    i didn't know about Jenn as i wasn't on Sapherna much, but that's sad and yes, tough on a lot of people.

i really like the art on kofk in general, and the headshots make them seem like everyone framed photograph is floating around chatting XD

that's amazing, that's how i recognise you everywhere i go (almost) on the interwebs haha. i don't think i've ever had a username that was unique enough to use everywhere i go. i'd try, and the site would go 'this username is taken' >.>

words of whimsy

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/16 17:16:05 )

@Whimsy: The art on KofK is really nice, I like it.
      I kinda just wish the forums were more active.
      I prefer more chatting.
      It's why when things get slow around here, I'll pop over to Gaia and spam through chatterbox. lol

That sucks.
      I just use this everywhere because I literally can not come up with usernames to save my life. XD
      I created this one at 15 and I'm keeping it until I die.
      Usually when a site is like 'that username is taken!' I can just go try to log in with one of my several passwords and discover 'oh hey, I made an account here seven years ago'. lmao
      I don't really know what I'd do with myself if someone else ever had this username already.
      I'd be pissed for sure.
      This is literally my brand.
      Everything I have is Anarchist Beauty.
      Aver avi site username, several e-mail addresses, various social medias.
      And when I can't have Anarchist Beauty because of length, my alternate is Lady Anarchy.
      Y'all ain't keeping the anarchy reigned in!
      I will not be stopped! 😂

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/20 16:49:37 )

@Anarchist Beauty: kofk was almost my first avatar forum (technically my first was whuddleworld but i was too young then to know what an avatar forum was). so i'm rather sentimental about kofk and i keep returning to it. memories y'know.
    and i really like the knuffel, even if wilds aren't released that often anymore. i like checking to see if there are any i'd like to adopt.

i love active forums and at one time most of the avatar forums i was on were decently active.
    now voltra is the only one :/
    i'm a little apprehensive of gaia because the moderators seem unable to keep up there haha.

oh but it's beautiful that you have a username that's a unique identifier!
    what do you do when the site doesn't allow spaces in your username? do you use an underscore?

words of whimsy

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/20 19:59:38 )

@Whimsy: Yeah, Gaia mods are kind of a joke. lmao
      But I kinda thrive on the chaos sometimes.

When that happens I usually just go without the space.
      And if my username is too long usually 'Lady Anarchy' is just a few letters short enough to work.
      That's the name I had to use when I had joined Dappervolk, before I left.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/21 16:32:52 )

@Anarchist Beauty: yeah the chaos can be entertaining too

i wish i could come up with a username identifier. it's just so cool.

why did you leave dappervolk?

i'm called mynah on dappervolk but i hardly login there. it felt like there was too much to do although it's a pretty site. also it was very bright on the screen from what i remember.

words of whimsy

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/21 18:10:41 )

@Whimsy: Not a lot of people I know have a singularly unique username.
      I think it's great to be able to have the brain power to think of multiple names. lol
      My only form of that is my mules, and especially on Gaia I have several with a myriad of names.
      Those like half of my Gaia mules/backups are inspired by the tv show The 100. XD

I left Dappervolk because it was too much work and they're a little too strict on that whole pg-13 thing.
      And they try to reach a little too far in my opinion.
      Like, I literally can not tell you the last time I saw anyone on any avi site under the age of 20.
      Plus, I'm on avi sites to have fun, not waste all my time grinding out a million quests every. single. day.
      DV was a fabulous idea in concept, but the execution just fell flat for my lazy ass. lol
      The art is beautiful, and I do miss my pets because I had a theme going with all their names, but sometimes things just don't work out.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/22 08:23:22 )

@Anarchist Beauty: sometimes i try a few usernames and when none of them are available i get stumped. lol
    i didn't know about the strict pg-13ness on dappervolk, because i didn't explore the forums all that much. but yeah, there was WAY too much to do, too many quests and dailies that no matter how lovely the art was i didn't enjoy myself there.
    yeah, sometimes there are other sites vying for your time and you have to cut your losses and move on. i've done that a few times with pet sites cause there are so many that you have to pick and choose.

words of whimsy

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/22 08:48:46 )

@Whimsy: Yeah, I'm a forum poster at my core so I spend a lot of time looking and hoping for active forum sites.
      DV was a mix, it was decently active on forums, but the never ending grind of quests was just too much.
      I wasn't enjoying myself and I wasn't feeling like I could make enough currency otherwise.
      I'm of the mind that it should be a more equal thing.
      Like, I shouldn't have to spend all my time on your site grinding and doing things to earn money.
      Not to mention, I truly hated some of the quests.
      The 'change your avi/equip [this specific thing]' ones PISSED me off.
      Like no, *I* get to decide what my avi looks like, not you.
      And I don't even care that you could 'change it right back'.
      I shouldn't have had to change it at all.
      Like who's idea was it to have that as a quest?
      Because I want them slapped with a rubber chicken.

But yeah, I cut my loses with DV (and a lot of other places) and only recently even paid any attention to it at all because I was going through every avi site I could remember being on to close down my Hogwarts threads.
      (Boy was THAT a process. lmao)

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/30 07:53:33 )

@Anarchist Beauty: yeah, when it feels like i have to grind a lot to keep up with a site's economy instead of having fun and making currency along the way, i lose all interest in the site.
    i didn't know about that quest because i rarely checked those out lol. that really is a silly quest cause like what's the point of it?
    omggg i've seen your hogwarts hangout on every avi site i've been on, more or less!

words of whimsy

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/30 19:22:19 )

@Whimsy: Same. I don't wanna grind. I wanna have fun.

Yeah, it was my Thing. lol
      But it was time to move on.
      Now I have a different themed hangout. xD

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/6 07:10:57 )

@Anarchist Beauty: wheeee you have a percy jackson themed hangout now!
    i think i'll have a jabberwocky junction until i think of something else. haven't thought of anything else until now and i quite like the theme and pixels of my current hangout

words of whimsy

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/6 07:33:04 )

@Whimsy: Yes ma'am I do! lol
      And they just announced casting for Grover and Annabeth for the show, so I am hyyyyyyped.

It's a good plan to stick with what you like.
      I had Hogwarts for the greater part of the last decade or more.
      But then I made CHB to try and start moving my online persona away from being known as the Hogwarts chick.
      And it worked.
      Cos now Hogwarts is dead and CHB gonna reign.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/6 10:56:05 )

@Anarchist Beauty: i still have such mixed feelings about HP. and also HP fandom.
    it was a huge part of my childhood and i can't deny that.
    oooh i didn't know there was going to be a show! that's exciting :)
    yeah you've reinvented your brand.

words of whimsy

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/7 21:51:50 )

@Whimsy: Yeah, Harry Potter is a bit of a touchy subject at the moment.
      Which is gross.
      Like ew, I looked up to JKR dude.
      Now I feel like I need an acid bath.

Yeah!
      Disney+ is doing it!
      So I'm happy to have the new brand cos now when the show comes out, guess who's already got the hangout? MOI. lmao

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/8 12:33:43 )

@Anarchist Beauty: I relate. It was so difficult to reconcile JKR the bigot with all the things I'd interpreted as what the HP series stands for. I made a blog post about it.

That's smart :D
    What are some shows you like that are currently on Disney+? Right now I'm watching Amphibia and Phineas and Ferb.

words of whimsy

roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/8 16:22:14 )

@Whimsy: Excellent blog post! 10/10
      It's hilarious to me that her books resonated in the ways you said with so many people and she turned out to be more Voldemort than Dumbledore.
      She is dwelling on her hate instead of learning and growing and moving on from hatred to knowledge and understanding.
      And it really does prove that writers don't always read into their own writing, and you can't tell a person true feelings from the the stories they write.

I've been into the Marvel shows.
      I've still gotta get to Moon Knight, but WandaVision, Loki, and TFATWS were incredible.
      I've also watched The Mandalorian like four times. lmao
      And I've been going through my old childhood faves.
      The first thing I ever watched after getting D+ is Kim Possible. XD
      And I've watched The Proud Family, started Rolie Polie Olie, watched a few episodes of Little Einstein's.
      I go hard on the kid shows.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.