Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk What are ways you cope with stress?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 05:02:00 )

@Ava: that’s great!

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 01:03:05 )
@totalanimefan: I am going to see my psychologist soon next month in which him & I can talk about my issues, including another coping method I will add here - Regularly around 2019 to now, I write extensive goals when issues in my life occur. I write the issues down and go back to them to add/try to figure out how to fix them for either the present or future (including issues that haven't happened yet or I think will happen at some point.)

I am planning to talk about goal tackling with him, and also my issue of feeling like I have to achieve goals in a certain timeframe to not feel hopeless - which ironically/consequentially also stresses me out (I guess you could call it masochistic?) - and just to take it slow.

I hope things get less stressful for you too :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 03:30:15 )

@Jessamine: thank you. I hope you have a good session. :)

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/20 01:41:33 )
Thank you, Total :)

Yeah, pills is a pretty sensitive topic, which is why I’m hesitant to say what exact ones I took here. I think I want to actually venture into pill taking again soon (not just say I may one day). I will discuss abt it w my doctors start of next month. I think I want to experiment w a much lower/smaller dose at first w all sorts of pills, as the main issue w them (other than not knowing if they work) were pills getting stuck in my throat/my stomach not breaking/digesting it properly (in which my nutrition plan should be worked on too to adapt to my body). I accepted I now live permanently w my intense emotions (have many mini breakdowns/am worried abt everything, & my grief/pain is a seared stitched part of me. What I want w pills is to be able to embrace it as a whole, instead of it crushing me.
‘god, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young. I thought I saw you out there crying, woah-oh. I saw a lion kiss a deer, we are all lost stars trying to light up the dark.’ ~ Jungkook. / diary. text. visual. comm.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/20 02:12:14 )

@Jessamine: it a hard subject but we are understanding here. It can really work for some and not work for others. I hope that with your dr you can really find something that works for you. ❤️

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/12 23:13:24 )

1. Watch anime. Is literally the best distraction.
2. Write my feelings out into a form poetry, journal or rant. This one is the most effective one for me recently and it even got me back into writing again.
3. Listen to music. Honestly listening to sad depressing music actually helps me feel better rather than the opposite. Guess my brain is built differently.
4. Fucking cry and be sad for awhile. I honestly tried to make myself feel better right away when I'm not having a good day... It makes it even worse for my experience. Sometimes admitting that your not happy at the moment actually helps you feel better in the end? Our brains are weird sometimes I swear.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/29 11:29:51 )
I watch Netflix/YouTube, listen to music and binge eat anything chocolate. >.<

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/31 20:09:39 )
There's something foul about the air here...

Drink water or any drinks that make me happy, generally just do anything that makes me feel like a kid like wearing my dino kigurumi and drink capri suns and whatnot, and take my rescue meds when I have panic attacks. I've also tried watching vod playlists by revscarecrow to calm me down and I think it helps? Idk distractions help a tiny bit.
I haven't found the perfect mix of things but I think I'm struggling because my life is in a bunch of chaos rn lol

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.