Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hi I'm very lost, pls help

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 21:28:50 )
@Seihou: nothings wrong having feels for romance >u<

having the one meant mostly you will get stuck to their in laws and fam. if the latter has bad in laws.. i dunno if you will enjoy it..

its better to get it right from start
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — She, Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 21:34:46 )

@Seihou: Hi welcome! From another fellow social anxiety person! I hope you enjoy it here. What kinda of crafts do you like to do? I try to be crafty but I end up failing at it terribly

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 22:39:54 )

@Seihou: yeah I only fall for people after I know there personally. Then I fall hard lol. Looks aren’t that important to me. I can find any guy attractive ^^
I love making internet friends. Sometimes they can turn into real friends too ^^

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 22:47:55 )

@Kairu: Yeah, makes sense. My thing basically is that I want to marry/date my best friend! The whole in-law thing is kinda scary to me honestly. Hopefully my future partner's parents are nice! ^ ^;

@NixieFae: Thank you! And yay, another person who knows the struggle TuT I've been enjoying the site so far, it reminds me a lot of the first forum site I've been in called LunaeSaga. It's great! I like to do papercrafts like origami or just something nice for snail mail, I used to crochet a lot and made plushies, and I can knit too. I have done other random stuff. I can make a flower crown with the fake flowers, I try to make friendship bracelets with thread, but that is kinda hard for me surprisingly. I want to get into embroidery and properly learn how to sew so I can make my own clothes and stuff, and maybe even making things out of clay (particularly masks, but that's a big project and I'd need to find the stuff for it). I basically like to try new things with crafts if I can afford it and have the energy. It helps with my anxiety if I invest my time in crafts. I also end up giving away the stuff I make as gifts, and that also makes me feel good! ^ ^

@Totalanimefan: Yeah that's basically it! I do notice that I do have a type, but normally I look past that and try to become friends. Though a lot of the time my social anxiety kinda prevents me from really talking to people. I did have a coworker I had a crush on who was really nice and talked to me about random stuff. It helps that he was friendly enough to talk to me whenever I do get some courage and try to talk to him about something I'm interested in. TuT It also helped that I was good at making an origami samurai hat and that sparked a conversation for sure

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 01:04:41 )

@Seihou: Yeah sometimes you just can't overthink it. We become friends more easily with people we can relate with. So people that like the same things, or go through similar experiences. I think that's what it's easy to talk to people on avatar sites cause you talk about hobbies or things that you are going through and we can all relate to that.
It's nice when you can get along with your coworkers. It makes it a lot easier to go to work lol

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 01:49:35 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, that always helps. Or if you do what I did and just impress them with a random thing you can do, that also does the trick I guess :'D
Oh yeah, for sure! I like befriending coworkers, though I usually don't talk very often so it's mostly them just talking about things and then every once in a while I talk about something for a bit too. Ironically, I actually love talking to new people and talking in general, but that basically contradicts my social anxiety TuT

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 03:52:31 )

@Seihou: the thing that helps me is to not over think it and that others probably are going through the same thing. We all are kinda nervous to meet new people but everyone handles it better. That helps me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/22 03:53:27 )

I’m totally the same though. ^^

Donator — She, Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/23 22:12:06 )

@Seihou: haha I'm always like the struggle real! But its nice when you meet other people who feel the same way you do, you feel less...alone I guess? Lol

You do stuff that I've tried an failed at, a while back i was trying papercrafts too like that journal thing..uhh i cant remember what the exact name of it is called now. But my pages looked terrible and i just couldn't make it look pretty/find things too actually fill the pages with. although I can embroider and used to do that alot years ago, I also used to be able to cross stitch, but I haven't done either in FOREVR I don't even know if I could do it anymore. About the only crafty thing I do anymore is coloring and sometimes make those little trading card papercrafts thingys

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 01:51:24 )

@Totalanimefan: You know, stuff like that does kinda help, but sometimes in the moment, I can't bring myself to think that way. Whenever I start overthinking the situation after the fact though, I look back and I think "Whatever I might be worried about, they might not have even noticed in the first place. If they did, they probably would've said something about it" and that helps me O:

@NixieFae: Oh yeah, definitely! My therapist says that finding people who have similar experiences and talking about things with them always helps, because it makes you feel empowered in a way. It really does help!
And are you talking about bullet journaling? Because I'm doing my best to do that nowadays, but my depression hit pretty bad lately so it's not really helping me with my motivation. But papercraft stuff is so nice!! And it's relatively cheap if you're resourceful enough. It takes lots of collecting, finding and practice though, so I totally get what you mean D': But whoa! That's pretty cool! I would like to learn, but energy and money are the main obstacles at the moment ; - ; Coloring is always nice though! And trading card things? That sounds cool too! I want to make trading cards at some point! O:

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 02:02:23 )

@Seihou: Oh yeah that's a good thing to think too. I should remember to use that one. ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 02:02:50 )

Also are you staying warm enough? Did any of the pipes burst in your place?

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 02:47:46 )

@Totalanimefan:Yeah! My therapist says that I'm doing pretty well with keeping my anxiety in check that way. Like, when I get depressed and start having negative thoughts such as "oh, my friends probably don't like me, they're just friends with me out of pity", I literally turn around and I'm like "What??? They've been your friends for YEARS, we're past the "pity" stage by that point. They're probably not texting you because they're B U S Y with school and work, you obviously know that. Chill out, go drink water or take a nap and THEN come back to think about stuff like that if you want, but you're probably not gonna do that because you know better."

And yes, things have been a lot better now! None of our pipes burst, so we're VERY lucky. My mom thinks it's because our trailer is literally maybe 2 years old now, so everything is practically new, even the pipes! :>

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 02:53:10 )

@Seihou: Yup those are exactly the thoughts that we need to shut out and we need to be reasonable about it. They are probably just busy.

Wow that's really good! I'm happy that nothing broke after! I saw lots of videos and pictures of the broken pipes throughout Texas.

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 03:33:42 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, for sure! It does wonders for me if I talk about my anxiety openly too. Especially with friends, since sometimes what I'm most anxious about is somehow related to my friends. So far, everyone has been super supportive and one of my friends even knows what I talk about since we have to much in common, I might even consider him one of my best friends eventually and that's definitely saying something. He's pretty great TuT

But yeah, we definitely got lucky! My mom had said that part of the roof of my grandma's house literally fell through in this one room, and now they're trying to figure out how to fix it. I feel bad for my grandma, she literally had COVID in new years, and now this?? I'm worried, but unfortunately due to family feuds, I don't really speak to her directly, but my sister does and I guess I can indirectly talk to her that way. Ugh, 2021 is tough T ^ T

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 04:54:35 )

@Seihou: that’s a good tip. I talk to my husband about it a lot but he doesn’t have anxiety issues so I think it’s hard for him to understand.

Oh my gosh your poor grandma! Where is she staying now?

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 22:42:50 )

@Totalanimefan: When it comes to people who probably don't understand, I try to give them analogies to try and give them perspective. O: It's kinda hard because a lot of the people in my life who don't understand happen to be family who doesn't take mental illnesses seriously. Even then, I try to be as open about my mental illness as possible so they could at least get used to me talking about it. My favorite thing to do is announce that I have therapy whenever I actually do have to do therapy and I happen to be around family at the time :'D

I'm not sure, I'm assuming she's still in her house since it's only one specific room where the roof caved in.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 23:54:57 )

@Seihou: I'm glad that you are able to work on yourself and improve. A lot of people never take that first step. It's not always easy, but it is rewarding.

Oh I see, that makes sense XD I don't know why I thought that she would have to leave.

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 04:05:36 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, definitely! I also find that the more comfortable I feel, the more I speak too, which is great TuT I'm actually thinking about starting a podcast with friends, but then I'd need to get friends into this. :'D

Yeah, my grandma is apparently asking her job to help pay for repairs. Apparently they have an Employee's emergency fund that they can apply for. I only know this because my middle sister went to visit her and she was asking me questions about the wording of the paperwork O:

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 04:25:12 )

@Seihou: Oh that sounds like a lot of fun! You should do that~

Oh I see. I hope that works out for her!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.