Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hi I'm very lost, pls help

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/20 00:04:52 )

@Totalanimefan: I definitely would have made the fort sooner, but EVERYTHING WAS TOO COLD. I literally didn't want to be exposed to the cold air because it was so cold! I just wanted to be under a blanket the entire time. T ^ T The only reason I was able to make the fort that time was because I had gotten back from eating warm food at a restaurant (there was places in the next town that had electricity, so we went to a restaurant to eat).

Yeah, that's basically me. If I'm bored enough I will eventually end up napping. And it was like that for me, except I would randomly wake up at odd hours because I find myself to be a bit warm, and that's sometimes how I normally wake up too. I've always had sleeping problems, and especially when I'm depressed. So I'd wake up, and then I'd just read or do whatever. Honestly, I don't even know what I did now @ - @

Yeah, definitely. Also, speaking about Ted Cruz, it just reminded me about how there was that one Vine video where this one guy was at a rally that had Ted Cruz in it, and the guy had a poster that implied that Ted was the Zodiac Killer, and when he turned it around to show to Ted Cruz and yelled out "WE WANT ANSWERS", Ted Cruz just gave him a look that was like "Wow, really?"
Just a random thing that makes me laugh. At this point I'd believe that he's the Zodiac Killer as a meme

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/20 00:21:49 )

@Seihou: Nice that you found a place nearby that had food. What did you eat? (I'm hungry and want dinner lol)
I wouldn't have left the blanket either. So I just would've sat in the cold forever.

What are you doing to go about sleep now that you have power back on? What are you going to do in general now that the power is back on? Watch lots of YouTube? XD

Oh yeah, that's a great meme.

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/20 00:36:25 )

@Totalanimefan: We went for breakfast, so I ate a pancake platter that had pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon. It was really good! I honestly wish I got more bacon T u T
Right?? It's too cold! ; - ; I think the lowest that we got to was maybe 9 degrees? It was hella cold!

I'm not sure honestly. If it gets too bad, I have melatonin gummies I can take. But me sleep schedule had always been weird, so right now I'm just letting it be and see what happens. Sometimes I get into a sort of routine, so at least me sleep is consistent. What I really care about is that I stay asleep. When I start waking up randomly at odd hours is when I have actual problems. >>;;

And as for what I'm doing now with power, I'm checking the news, talking to friends, and watching Youtube. So yeah, basically that. I'm also trying to write in my journal, but that's been a struggle because depression D':

Right?? Lately I've been remembering memes that are relevant to conversations I have with friends, which is kinda funny. I never knew it would come to that though :'D

Also! On random news, my friend-crush had told me that he's so comfortable with me and that he likes me enough to where if he wasn't single and if I lived near him, he would totally date me. That happened yesterday and I'm still happy about it despite knowing that it's not gonna happen (at least anytime soon). I've had a crush on him for a while now, and we've been online friends for a few years, so this was amazing. I don't think I've ever had a crush tell me they would like to date me so this is really special to me T u T

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/20 00:49:10 )

@Seihou: Oh my gosh that sounds so good. I want that lol
It was 9 degrees in your house?! OMG I might not have made it. lol

Yeah as long as you can stay asleep it's ok.

Wow that's pretty nice to know. Too bad it won't work out.

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/20 02:25:25 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, it was really good! Apparently my stepdad started craving pancakes after I ordered them, but the restaurant ran out of pancake batter to make him one. So he asked me to make him pancakes at home. O:

Yeah, I always hate waking up at night. And apparently one of my friends had told me a few times before that I mumble in my sleep sometimes and it would sound like I'm scared, even though I don't remember anything. It's honestly eerie, but it makes sense due to my past and trauma I guess ; - ;

Yeah! It makes me happy knowing that, he's just a great friend and he's so sweet! Even if we don't date or if he didn't even tell me that, I would've loved to stay as friends either way. Just like I make him feel comfortable to be himself, he makes me feel the same way :D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/20 02:33:08 )

@Seihou: the want for pancakes is contagious lol
I talk and mumble in my sleep too. Apparently I do it all the time and can have conversations. I have no idea that I do this but lots of people have told me that I do.
Yeah it’s sweet ^^

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/20 02:52:22 )

@Totalanimefan: Apparently :'D
Yeah, I've never been one to do that I think. That was until my friend told me. It's honestly a bit concerning because something must be really troubling me if I mumble in my sleep. I've also been told that I snore a bit, but it's a quiet snore and apparently it's cute? I dunno, an ex-friend told me that so I have no idea.

Yeah! I don't really have much self-confidence, and I've never had anyone tell me before that they would date me (who aren't friends and say that as a platonic thing), so this definitely made me feel special. :D I didn't really think anyone would be interested in me like that

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/20 04:21:12 )

@Seihou: everybody likes somebody. One Fay you will find the single guy for you.

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 00:19:02 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, that's true. Lately though it feels like it's kinda difficult to find someone who would like me and not expect me to be anything but asexual >>;;; I dunno, love is weird, and I'm always wondering if I'm aromantic or not. It's a real struggle

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 01:27:51 )
@Seihou: its okay to be single >u< im sure one day you will find the right one!
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 01:29:26 )

@Seihou: I understand. I'm Demi. I found the one for me, but I joke that I had to go across the ocean for him (I'm American and his British). It can happen.

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 01:30:07 )

@Kairu: Thank you! I know it's okay to be single, and I'm definitely sure I'd be happy as long as I have my friends, but sometimes I just wonder about my... feelings towards romance? I guess you could call it? I dunno, something like that TuT

EDIT:
@Totalanimefan: Aw, that's actually kinda cute! :'D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 01:33:46 )

@Seihou: Haha thanks. I moved to England for college (it was a big change) and we met there. Now we both live together in the US and have been married since 2013. %%

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 01:35:33 )

@Totalanimefan: Aw, that's pretty great! I'm happy for you guys :D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 01:38:51 )

@Seihou: Thanks~ But back to you, it can happen :) Trust me.

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 01:40:03 )

@Totalanimefan: I'm sure it will, I'm not losing hope yet. I mean, I literally did just get a crush of mine tell me he'd date me, so that's very uplifting for sure :'D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 01:58:44 )

@Seihou: Yeah for sure. And there will be good and bad days too ^^
Maybe try to get and know some more people. That could lead you to meeting their friends and connecting with someone.

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 02:08:33 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeeeeah, that might need some taking used to for sure. I struggle with PTSD so I have social anxiety and trust issues, ontop of the fact that it's kinda hard to make friends nowadays. If there was a chance I can do that, I wouldn't mind trying, but at the moment it's difficult enough to get me out of the house without any obligations D':

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 07:33:18 )

@Seihou: it is really hard to make friends right now. It doesn’t have to be rl friends. I feel like you are good at chatting to people on Voltra ^^
And no pressure to make new friends either. I just know as a Demi I had to befriend people before I fell for them.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 21:22:27 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, it makes sense. I have several online friends already, they all just happen to be in school or younger than me and also in school, so that's great ^ ^; And also thank you! I'm actually very bad at talking irl, but good to know I can still communicate through writing on forums :'D

Yeah, it's the same for me, which is interesting because whenever I say I have a crush on someone, I really mean a squish, but people don't normally know what a squish is. I had this ex-friend who thought that when I had crushes, I want to immediately get in a relationship with them and kiss them and whatever, which isn't entirely true. For me, when I have a "crush" (or a squish, more accurately), I am attracted to them romantically, yes, but I focus on getting to know them more. My main goal in pursuing a squish is to become good friends with them first, because if I'm going to fall in love with someone, I want to get to know them first.

Although, the last time I had a crush/squish was with this ex-friend in particular, which showed me that sometimes I act like I'm in love or have rose-colored glasses on when I have a crush/squish, and that ex-friend was being very toxic in the situation. That's why now I'm more weary about having crushes and things. If I could, I wish I can have control over my emotions, but this was definitely a good learning experience. I handled the situation kinda okay honestly. I had friends and a good therapist help me come to the conclusion that this ex-friend is a toxic person, so I'm grateful for that.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.