Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hi I'm very lost, pls help

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/26 07:51:48 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@Seihou: Absolutely not a problem~
Enjoy~

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/26 23:23:36 )

@Seihou: np. How are you today?

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/27 02:07:15 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Seihou: I know for alot of people dolls arent their cup of tea but i truly feel like BJD's are difrent. Cost wise they are most surtainly a luxery, I own 2 that costed me 700$ each and those arent my only dolls lol. However cheaper options are definitly availble! Resinsoul, Impledoll and Doll leaves are some of the cheaper companys, ive owned from some of them and they are great! (resinsoul is also known for its amazing customer service, people have asked for dolls with 3 eyes, 6 arms and even 2 heads and they did that! Ofc for some extra money but its def worth it imo)

Theres also obitsu and Parabox doll, while not made from the same material and not strung with elastic they are still great alternatives!

However i know from alot of people they start of with buying second hand monsterhigh or barbie dolls ect and then make wigs, eyes, clothes ect for them. An amazing customizer i recomend you check out is dollightful, she makes yt videos and i get always verry inspired to do more with my dolls when i watch her work!

Also if you have any questions about BJDs id be happy to answer them, ive been in the hobby for more then 5 years now. My friends also call me the doll encyclopedia bc i know quite alot about them ;w;"

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 01:08:53 )

@Totalanimefan: Aaaaah sorry for the delay. I'm having a bit of depression so I haven't had a chance to get on here. I'm doing great today though! I got this one dress that I ordered and it's super cute, and it's for my birthday so I'm happy I have something nice to wear for that TuT Finding clothes that I love and that fit me comfortably ; - ;

@Amber Lynne: Thank you!!!

@GoblinsAndTea: Whoa, that sounds really cool! I am still not sure if I would get into BJD, but it's pretty cool that you know a lot about them! :D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 01:18:30 )

@Seihou: No it's ok! Not everyone is on here everyday, not even me lol
That's so exciting! When is your bday?

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 01:30:11 )

@Totalanimefan: Haha yeah, I try my best to reply in a timely manner but sometimes it doesn't work out for me TuT And my birthday is on February 16th! I'm excited but also not really expecting anything too crazy because of COVID and everything. Still, I got somewhat of a small plan for my birthday, even though it's not really a plan for the whole day. I might just watch movies probably, but not sure yet. Ideally I would like to go either to the aquarium or the beach, but that's probably not happening.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 02:13:56 )

@Seihou: sorry about the wait. I went to make dinner ^^;
You gotta do what you need to do for your mental health and don’t let anyone try to tell you otherwise. ^^
That’s so soon! I had my birthday already in COVID times. There isn’t much that you can do but maybe get a cake from the store and celebrate with the ones you live with. Maybe get takeout too lol
The beach sounds really nice. What state or country do you live in?

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 03:31:10 )

@Totalanimefan: You're totally fine! I've been distracted with videos and writing some valentines for friends ^ ^;
But yeah that's what I was hoping to do, and buy alcohol because for some reason I've been wanting to drink these past few months. Not getting completely wasted, but just to drink I guess? It's weird T u T
I live in Texas in the US, and I live like 2 hours away from a beach, so technically that would be doable, but money is tight right now and I'm not sure if it would be safe to be at the beach either. O:

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 03:55:43 )

@Seihou: that’s cute. Maybe I should do that. Nothing wrong with drinking in moderation. As you grow older you will learn that one or two drinks is good enough. It’s not 0 or 100 lol
I live in DC. Kinda far from you. 2 hours is a bit far to drive there and back in one day ^^;

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 06:40:53 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I really love Valentine's day, it's one of my favorite holidays next to Halloween ^ ^ And yeah that's true, I've never actually gotten drunk (yet anyway :'D), and I haven't drank alcohol since July, and that was for my friend's birthday because she didn't want to drink alone. And yeah you're right, a 2 hour drive there and back would be hard. And I would think that a lot of places would be closed too due to COVID, so that's also a thing to think about. I'm fine with celebrating my birthday at home though, since I'm still going through a depression and I don't feel as energized as I can be. ; - ;

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 17:22:06 )

@Seihou: I think it's a holiday that not enough people like. ^^
I have only been drunk like maybe twice? I don't mind drinking, but I don't like the taste of alcohol so I normally don't drink.
If you have a backyard and the weather isn't too bad you could have lunch or dinner outside. I don't know what part of TX you are in, but their winters are normally too bad unless you are near OK.
I don't know if that would help, but I know I like eating a meal outside and you could make it feel kinda special. Maybe decorate the porch or backyard you have? Do you have any outdoor furniture?

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 20:52:33 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, and I think friends should also make it a thing to actually celebrate Valentine's day too, because Valentine's Day was about all kinds of love D:
I don't like the taste of alcohol either, but I found an alcohol brand that I like called Smirnoff Ice, because those drinks taste like soda and it's got alcohol in it. That's basically what I've been wanting specifically when I mean alcohol. That and spiked lemonade, since I really love lemonade. :D
I would love to have a dinner/lunch outside and decorate for it, but I live in a trailer complex so there's not much of a yard here. We do have a porch, but it's not that big and it also doesn't have a roof. Otherwise I would've planned to do something like that O: We don't have outdoor furniture either, which is always a bummer because I would love to sit outside right now. It's not too cold but also not warm enough to want to go back inside. Just a bit humid though, but either way!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 20:59:36 )

@Seihou: Yeah it is. It's about telling the people you care about, that you care about them.
When I lived in England there was a drink with soda and vodka and you could only taste the soda, so I would get those at the pub. I love lemonade too! It's so good and sometimes covers the taste of the alcohol.

Oh I see. That's bummer :( Maybe go to a local park? A park with picnic benches? That sounds pretty nice. It's cold here in DC right now because of the polar vortex. ^^;

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 21:35:40 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah exactly!
Oooooh that sounds really good. I'd love to try more drinks like that in the future honestly. And right?? Lemonade is so good. I wish I could grow a lemon tree so I could just have lemonade all the time! TuT
And yeah, I guess we could go to a park, but I don't really want to go to the nearby parks for my birthday. I'd rather go to downtown for the park that they have there. It's an eco-friendly park and it's really nice to be in, and not to mention all the public art exhibit projects that they have decorating the part sometimes. It's really cool, and I also just love the city. TuT How cold is it where you live? I just checked the weather app and it's apparently 70 degrees here O:

Also thank you for the gifts!! I'll definitely put them to good use! :'D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 21:43:39 )

@Seihou: You're welcome. Since you said your favorite holidays, I thought that I would give you some items from those holidays lol

A lemon tree would be super awesome, at least lemons from the store are cheap. Could you grow a lemon tree outside? Is it too cold where you live? I love lemonade and iced black tea together! So good.
Cities with cool parks is my jam. I love cool urban things. Like in NYC there is a park called The High Line. You should look it up. It's my favorite park. (I don't live in NYC, I just visited). It's currently 48, but the low for today is 28.

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 22:06:11 )

@Totalanimefan: Thank you! That was so nice of you to do, I really appreciate it! TuT
I'm not sure if I could grow a lemon tree outside, but I think I would need to do a bit of research for that. I know that lime trees might be more doable, but I'd have to check. It's not too cold most of the time here, since I live close to the coast it rarely gets super super cold like in other places (kinda sad honestly in my opinion). I haven't had lemonade and iced black tea together, but that sounds good. I'd have to try it sometime.
And yeah, cool parks and urban things are great! I just looked up The High Line, we have something kinda similar in the city where I live! :D I forgot what it's called, but it's kinda like that. It's super cool! I miss going to the city D':
Oh wow, that's pretty cold! O: I'm not even sure if it's gotten to the high 20's here at all. I know it's probably gone to the high 30's but not for too long. Wow, I'm kinda sad. I like winter because I don't do well in hot weather, but oof. That's the thing about living in the east coast of Texas T ^ T

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 22:25:24 )

@Seihou: Lemons would be ok as long as it's above 32F all year long and never goes below that.
Lemonade and iced black tea is soo good. You have to make it. It's one of my fav drinks. I do unsweetened tea with the lemonade since it's already sweet, but lots of people also use sweet tea. So it's whatever works for you!
The High Line is so pretty. I want to visit it again. I saw it in 2018 and thought it was an amazing idea! In Miami they are doing one call the underline or something like that, and it's the same idea, but it's underneath working train tracks (the High Line was train tracks that were out of use and then they turned it into a park). So I would like to visit that one in Miami sometime!
I would love to visit more like it. I didn't know there was one like that in TX. That's super cool. ^^
I'm not the biggest fan of winter because of the shorter days and not bring outside as much. You can't really hangout outside or at the beach when it's 40's and 30's out. I mean you can walk to places with a coat on, but it's not the same. But the further north you live the less sunlight hours there are in the day. Like right now the sun sets for me at 5:30pm, but during Dec and Jan it's more like it's dark by 5pm and that sucks. In the south the winter is nice. I liked winter in FL much better (I grew up in FL)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 23:43:05 )

Your new avatar looks cute ^^

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 01:55:33 )

@Totalanimefan: Ooooh makes sense O:
And wow, I think I remember this one place I used to work at sold drinks like that, except they used sweet tea. I don't really like sweet tea, but for some reason it's a big deal here. >>;; It always taste like sugar water to me, so I never really liked that.
Ooooooh that sounds so cool! I really do like parks that are not like your regular parks. :>
Yeah makes sense about the winter though. Here it gets dark at around 5:40pm or somewhere around there, but yeah, I guess it's nice to not freeze O: I just like winter because we don't have a real winter down here. But that's okay I guess.

And thanks! I tried to make it as Valentine themed as I could TuT

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 02:01:09 )

@Seihou: I like to make my own because if you get iced tea at a restaurant it’s normally too sweet.
Yeah parks that have beauty and though out them are awesome!
Winter in the south is pretty good cause it’s not 90+ everyday. Lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.