Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2020 ┤▒├ Wildfire's Warm-up Zone ┤▒├ Come chat & play games by the Fire! :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 17:49:53 )
@Wildfire: I'm alright. My alarm went off and I was like "why is my alarm going off at night?!" It was one of those mornings where it just didn't feel like I got a full nights' sleep. The alarm went off at the right time. e.e' Otherwise, coffee is good and school for 3 kids has begun.
How are you?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 18:11:28 )
@Koah: I snapped awake at 3:30am and didn't go back to sleep until about 5am, only to wake again at 6:30 and again at 7:30, at which point I just gave up... so I'm dragging today. The overcast sky isn't helping. I'm sorry you didn't get more and better sleep last night, but at least the kids are doing their schoolwork, right? Hopefully they don't argue with you today :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 18:26:38 )

I would love a good fire right about now. I'm so cold :O the heating is on but I'm still chilly.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 18:29:44 )
@sunny: oh, being cold is no fun. I'm sorry to hear you're cold :3 Maybe a big fluffy blanket or something would help?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 18:37:00 )

@Wildfire: that's a good idea! I'm about to go to bed soon (well to write, which I do in bed) so I will be warm and snug in my duvet.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 18:37:56 )

Wait no I'm not it's only half 5. I thought it was later....

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 18:38:38 )
@Wildfire: I get nights like that often. Few times a week, generally. Nights where I just wake up and stay awake because I can't sleep.
I don't know if that's' a mommy-brain thing or something I just do.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 18:40:23 )
@sunny: LOL! It does seem to be later than it is, doesn't it? You said that and I didn't even question the time-frame! XD

@Koah: Hate it when that happens. I never used to do that type of thing - it's only the last couple of years where it started happening and it's really not fun. :( I'm sorry to hear you're going through that type of thing too.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 18:42:51 )

@Wildfire: lol I ate dinner at like 4pm. Time is skewed today apparently...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 18:43:40 )
@Wildfire: I was living with my dad last year and he picked up on my weird sleep schedule. He explained to me that his mom, my grandma, did that constantly. She'd just find things to do in the middle of the night and would sleep in a bit the next day.
He normalized it for me because I stressed out so much about not feeling sleepy when I wake in the night.
The last time I did that was 3 days ago, I think. I woke up at 2 am and just read a book until 4, fell back asleep and woke up from my alarm. :d

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 18:54:46 )
@sunny: Time is skewed today, IMO. It's almost 1pm here and I can't tell if I should be looking for lunch or for dinner or just going to bed! XD

@Koah: When this split sleeping thing started happening to me, I researched it. Apparently it was considered a normal sleeping cycle back in the day when people generally went to bed earlier and got up with the sun. I forget what it's called, but it was normalized. I remember reading that neighbors actually visited with each other in the middle of the night for a couple hours because it was that normal...

... but yes, I usually read in bed, while trying to at least give my body a chance to relax and get some rest. If I get up and start doing things, I'm afraid I'll never get back to sleep, or if I do, it will be at a weird time of the day and then nothing will get done...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 19:10:54 )

@Wildfire: going to bed is always a viable option lol!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 19:13:48 )
@sunny: LOL. It's just a little past 1pm here (13:12) so it's a little early to go to bed, imo, especially when I'm quite likely to just crash and then my sleep cycle will really be screwed up!! :3 ... but I know what you mean, and it is that kind of a day -pokes at the overcast, windy, and generally depressing-looking day out there-

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 19:20:44 )
@Wildfire: huh, Dunno why, but I haven't put that together yet. The sleep thing my grandma and I have, and the old way of sleep which was 4 hours and 4 hours. - I forgot the name of it too.
My husband did a sleep study for his veteran therapy.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 19:26:37 )
@Koah: because the solid 8 hours cycle is so extremely normalized in our culture these days that it didn't occur to you.......??

What I don't entirely understand is how somebody (that would be me) can suddenly go from a sound and solid 8 hour schedule to this alternative sleep schedule so quickly... and if it is a change in overall sleep cycle, why doesn't it happen all the time? It's just enough to screw me up and keep my rhythm off balance, which is terribly annoying!!

why did your husband do the sleep study?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 19:46:36 )

@Wildfire: yeah the overcast weather really messes with our body clocks ime. Today the weather here was actually sunny and bright. It was nice :)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 20:05:19 )
@sunny: Oh, I'm glad you had a nice bright and sunny day today! :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 20:26:19 )
@Wildfire: Yeah! I can see how that's concerning to have a sleep schedule turn by itself.
My husband has sleep issues since he got out of the military. So for therapy, the therapist went over different types of sleep cycles/schedules that help and are acceptable.
So one system is the Old System of 4 hours of sleep, get up and do things, go back to bed for 4 hours.
Another system is to not Force sleep, so stay up- be Away from technology, find hands-on hobbies or read until sleep makes itself present.

//I'm having issues with my sister and niece today and I'm walking a fine line to not piss either of them off. Makes me wonder if they're synced up and having shared hormone spikes//

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 20:49:14 )

@Wildfire: it was a welcome change :) we went to the grocery store, and I actually got warm enough to take my coat off!! That is pretty much unheard of in January in the UK.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 20:52:00 )
@Koah: That does not sound like a particularly fun day or situation. I wish you the best of luck!
It's probably a good thing that at least hubby has information about different types of sleep schedules :3 I think my reality is a combination of all of those, depending on the night!

@sunny: Oh! So a nice change of pace for you indeed! did you buy anything fun?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.