Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2020 ┤▒├ Wildfire's Warm-up Zone ┤▒├ Come chat & play games by the Fire! :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 20:28:30 )
@Wildfire: OH, Sorry about that, I seem to skim over questions sometimes. Merynia just sent me a big handful of snowflakes. <3 So that should get me another 2 items with my own snowflakes, and I think, I should be caught up.
//
So I just went to the shops with my new snowflakes, and I need about 100 snowflakes now to get the last item. I'm surprised by how quickly I fell behind this event. But I see why I didn't post much, my RL got very busy, very fast.
-
Social media is really weird, I took about a year hiatus- i didn't post much of anything and that really cleared my mind and put things into new perspective.

@Merynia: Thank you for the snowflakes and Thank you for thinking about my health. <3 I'll need to carry around a water bottle more often while living here.
I'm glad sunscreen has different smells now.
lol, When I was a kid, my mom couldn't put it on me because I'd gag from the smell of it. haha! I don't know what it was about sunscreen but I hated it.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 20:28:48 )
@Merynia: Yes, my grandfather came from Portugal. He came to the US as a little kid. I don't remember which part of Portugal he's from though

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 20:39:14 )

@koah: You're very welcome 😊❤️
Haha I actually like the sunscreen smell 😄

I'll send you some more flakes as I get them 😃❄️❄️❄️

@wildfire: It would be really nice if you could visit the place where he was born 😃

The whole country - both mainland and the islands - has beautiful places, and if you drive, the best way to get around and explore would be renting a car because some places are a bit remote and you wouldn't have to depend on weird schedules of public transport 😊

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 20:41:39 )
@Koah: I'll throw some snowflakes at you. I have enough right now and I really really doubt I'll be getting another bundle before (1) I have to go back to dealing with RL things and (2) they close everything up! :3

@Merynia: I would have to rediscover where he was born. I probably still have cousins running around the place! That's good information to know - thank you. Right now, it's not likely I'm going to get there, but I'll have to pick your brain if it becomes more likely. I have heard that the countryside is lovely. I'd like to see it (but I'd like to see so much more of the "old country"!!)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 20:50:15 )
@Wildfire: Thank you~ <3 I am all caught up and now I can finish the snowball game and peel myself off the computer for the day. :3
@Merynia: I know a lot of people who love the smell of sunscreen. My husband is pasty white, so he can't be without it on sunny days. Then there's me, I step out into the sun and suddenly I become a new color. I come from a long line of farmers. hehe.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 20:52:11 )
@Koah: Oh you're welcome! I know it's no fun to have an event but not be able to get at least one set of the items! :3 Are you sure you have them all now?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 20:56:01 )
@Wildfire: I just double-checked. <3 Thank you. I now have all the items. I didn't get bundles or anything. This is perfect.
I appreciate the help. :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 20:56:44 )

@koah: Haha I used to be like that, changing color under the sun, now I get freckles first and then become a bit toasted 😄

(Check your trades, I'm sending you a few more flakes ❤️❄️)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 20:57:52 )

Oh I see you have all the items already. But maybe get some extra?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 21:00:07 )
@Koah: Any time.
I'm done trying to get items or bundles or whatever. If you (or anyone) needs a few more snowflakes, just let me know. :3

@Merynia: I freckle... then I get red... then I get really red... then I tan (if I don't peel). But living in Florida has actually gotten me to the point where I can tan (a little) just because of the near constant exposure to the sun (in little doses).

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 21:06:25 )

@wildfire: Ah my father was like that but he didn't freckle, just got red, redder, and then maybe a little bit tanned for a short while 😄

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 21:06:53 )
I wouldn't mind a couple of my favorite items from this event. The snow cabin one is definitely 'Me'. :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 21:09:07 )
@Merynia: Sometimes the red and the freckles happen at the same time - lol!

@koah: I can send you a few more snowflakes if you'd like

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 21:10:20 )
I'm the only kid out of my mother's children that tans. lol.
Everyone else goes lobster.

However, I'm the palest of my dad's children. But I think that's because I spend a lot of time inside.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 21:12:50 )
That's such a weird combination, Koah!!

I definitely burn if I stay inside too much, too often. I definitely deal with the sun better when I have small doses of exposure more often. I can't go from one to the other without some intermediate steps!! :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 21:12:55 )

@wildfire: Haha yes, but I got the freckles from my mother's side, both of us freckle in the sun. I get them across the nose and under the eyes, she gets them mostly on her arms 😄

~ I like cats ~

~ Timezone GMT +1 ~

*°•.•°*~ My Wishlist ~*°•.•°*

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 21:14:17 )
That's so funny... and cute! I'm covered in freckles - face, arms, legs...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 21:34:17 )
@Merynia: So do you originally come from Portugal? I remember you mentioning (somewhere) that youv'e travelled around a bit but I don't remember the details.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 17:40:33 )
Good Morning!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 17:44:45 )
@Koah:
Good morning!
How are you today so far?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.