Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2020 ┤▒├ Wildfire's Warm-up Zone ┤▒├ Come chat & play games by the Fire! :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 18:32:16 )
@Merynia: LOL! Oh yeah, I'm staying in Florida thankyouverymuch! XD I'm cold right now as it is and it's substantially warmer here than it is where you are (plus the sun is out, so I get bonus points!!). It has been a long time since I've had to deal with cold temperatures and I do not miss it!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 19:05:27 )
This might be my first event that I didn't get all the items. o3o

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 19:06:49 )
@Merynia: I wish I could visit you. I recently moved away from snowy mountains. Now I live near desert grasslands.
It's so dry! We only had snow for a couple of days and it melted away. I miss the snow.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 19:37:39 )

@wildfire: Haha I'm originally from a sunny southern country but I actually adjusted well to the snow and the cold. It's easier for me to dress for the cold than to endure around 40+°C for days if not weeks on end 😄
Even though it tends to be a dry heat, it is still a bit too much, it's only good if you're at the beach, whether sea or river 😊

@koah: Ah I can imagine, where I was born it never snowed, though it does in the mountains and in the North of the country.
My first proper experience of snow was here in Poland, and I just love it ❤️

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 19:37:49 )
@Koah: Oh no! How far are you from getting all the items?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 19:39:28 )

@koah: Check your trades 😊❄️❄️❄️

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 19:40:40 )
@Merynia: Did you just beat me to it?? You did, didn't you? <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 19:49:32 )
@Merynia: I went the other way... I was born and raised in a colder, more northern climate but adjusted pretty well to the much warmer, more humid temperatures here. During the summer it can get pretty unbearable, to be honest, but most of the time it's ok. I usually prefer to be hot than cold, although these days, I'm beginning to wonder if that's still the case

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 19:55:20 )
@Merynia: I love the quietness of snow. <3 Poland must be beautiful!

@Wildfire: I only managed to get 3 items, although I'm closing to getting a fourth.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 19:55:55 )

@wildfire: I guess I did 😁❄️❄️❄️

Ah well I can tolerate the heat if it is dry, up to 38°C it isn't so bad but if it is humid, I find it very difficult even in the low 30s.

But these recent years the temperatures have been more and more extreme, and now temperatures of 40+°C are becoming the new normal there in Portugal, last summer there were a few days around 45°C already and I suppose it will only get worse 😩

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 19:58:12 )
@Koah: I love the quiet of a good storm too. I actually really miss that part of being in a snowier climate area. But those periods seem to be few and far between and at this point I don't think I could go months and months being miserably cold and without seeing the sun at all.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 20:00:11 )
@Merynia: I would love to visit Portugal, actually...
LOL - thanks for helping Koah out.

@koah: Do you have at least one of every item now?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 20:07:02 )

@koah: It is, it is 😊❤️❤️❤️

This picture is from a couple weeks ago but today it looked just the same 😊❄️❄️❄️

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 20:09:41 )
@Merynia: Preeeeeetttttty! <3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 20:11:04 )
Lol, I don't typically play forum games. So I feel like I'm herpin-derpin over there. HAHA. Ruby is on messenger with me, and I was like "eh Sure, I'll play.... Now what do i do?!"

I definitely need sunshine or depression and down-moods take over my life.
When I moved to my new state/town, the temp was 100+ ( F ) It was an immediate culture shock from the last 10 years of living in snowy mountains.
So far, I don't mind not having snow, but it definitely feels strange.

Oh what a cool view! <3 Thank you for sharing.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 20:15:21 )
My social medias keep popping up "On this day Last year, or 2+ years ago" And it's snowy road conditions that I used to drive daily. I played a game on my Snapchat last year called "Find the lake" with my friends. So I took random field photos and had my friends try and point out where the lake is. lol!
Most of my friends failed.
But my SC, just popped that up this morning and said "This time last year" and it was a dozen photos around my old residence of fields and lakes. Completely blanketed by snow.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 20:17:42 )

@wildfire: Ah let's hope you'll be able to go there soon! 😃❤️

@koah: The Sun will do you good 😊❤️ Just make sure you wear a hat, put a lot of sunscreen and drink a lot of water, in those temperatures we don't even notice we're losing water through sweating, it dries so quickly from the skin 😩

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 20:18:00 )
Social media can be so weird sometimes when it does that kind of thing. Some of what they choose to show is interesting in one way or another (in a good way); other times, it's not so good. It sounds like you're enjoying what it's showing you though! :3

So @Koah: You never answered my question - do you have at least one of each item from this event now (a complete set or bundle)??

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 20:20:25 )
@Merynia: Oh that would be nice, but so much of my ability to travel depends on this stupid covid situation and all the restrictions that are now in place (and likely to be for the immediate future). -sigh- It makes me sad :( ...but I appreciate the thought! I don't know where I would even begin, if travel there was a likely possibility! Would I go to a tourist town? Try to visit whatever town my grandfather came from (which I'd have to find out first)??

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 20:27:12 )

@wildfire: Yeah this whole pandemic situation is becoming more and more unbearable, and it seems that it will last for a long time.

But we can hope it will end eventually, then you can visit Portugal and @koah: can visit Poland ❤️

Your grandfather's from Portugal? 😃

~ I like cats ~

~ Timezone GMT +1 ~

*°•.•°*~ My Wishlist ~*°•.•°*

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.