Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2020 ┤▒├ Wildfire's Warm-up Zone ┤▒├ Come chat & play games by the Fire! :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/14 22:10:39 )
@Vixen: Hey Vixen! Look at your cute little dancer av! <3
How are you today?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/14 22:17:19 )

@Wildfire: it's that season where i try to make a bunch of ballet themed avatars :3
not bad
messing around in dressing room and not quite getting the effects i want
oh i did make offers on a couple of fabled beauty items
i need like two and then i can be a unicorn

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 01:40:51 )

Questing: Ruby | Corrupted Icho | Falling Star | Untamed | Doggo of Death

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ 'pokes head in' evening folks. <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 02:42:39 )

@Vixen: Thanks ^^
And your avi is amazing as always~

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 03:47:21 )

@Purpsy: ah thanks!! :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 14:36:25 )
@Vixen: So ballet themed avatars over the winter. Do you do that every year? Do you do other Nutcracker themed avatars at this time of year too, or just the cute little ballet dancers?

@Ava: Hi Ava. There are puzzles that you can do to earn event currency, and there are usually a lot of other activities posted in the NPC-driven threads in the Event Forum. This time we have an evolving pet community posting goal activity, design an ugly sweater contest, there's an RPG thread and a couple other things. :3

@star2000shadow: Hey Star.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 14:38:28 )
And Good Morning to everyone too! :3

-puts out some goodies-

Random Question-------------------->> Is there anything you are superstitious about?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 15:55:10 )
Good Morning.

-snags a goodie-
I am strangely superstitious. Which is silly because neither of my parents or siblings are.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 16:05:17 )
@Koah: Good morning!
That's interesting that you're superstitious, but without being brought up that way. What kinds of things are you superstitious about, and where or how do you think you ended up adopting the superstitions?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 16:16:39 )
@Wildfire: I think it has to do with me being the youngest. I spent a lot more time reading, watching tv, and being a little more creative.
Some superstitions were born out of common sense, like "don't walk under a ladder, you'll have bad luck". and "break a mirror, you get 7 years bad luck".

How bout you? any superstitions?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 16:44:33 )
@Koah:No, I'm not really superstitious, other than things like the walking under a ladder (which, as you say, is just logical). I do believe in listening to my intuition, but that's not superstition. I used to be a little bit superstitious when I was a kid, but it was mostly due to my grandmother's influence, which was a throwback to her parents, etc., and the "old world" beliefs that tend to linger through the generations. Or maybe she was just teasing. Who knows. I absolutely adore black cats, whether or not they run across my path, and I have always liked the number 13, for example. Mirrors are just a pain to clean up if you break them (like anything glass or glass-like)...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 16:58:37 )
@Wildfire: i very much use my gut instinct or intuition in my adult years. I grew really superstitious when my family moved into a beautiful native home. So i truly believed in superstitious/supernatural things in that house. But once i moved out and began my life as an adult, i stopped thinking about that stuff.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 17:04:47 )
@Koah: Oh! That explains a lot. It sounds like we're on the same page, actually - I would probably find myself being a little more superstitious in that kind of environment. It's funny how history and cultural references or beliefs somehow seems to go hand in hand with 'superstition' sometimes, isn't it?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 17:21:04 )
@Wildfire: oh absolutely! That house was/is beautiful. It still makes me feel uneasy when i go home to visit. Lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 17:34:03 )

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: hey hun how goes your event? <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 17:37:09 )
@Koah: I bet! Like you can just feel the history, mythologies, etc. there, right? <3

@star2000shadow: my event is going well so far, thanks. How is it going for you?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 18:02:04 )

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: pretty good, I'm trying to make an avi with all the items at some point. you know 'well i'll use this item' and so forth haha. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 18:07:18 )

@Wildfire: well i wasn't really on an avatar forum in recent years, but i watch more ballet around holiday season just because its nutcracker season. the only nutcracker specific avatar i made were a couple variations on the sugarplum fairy. i actually just got a fabled beauty, so i might do a clara one next!

please @ me

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 18:23:48 )
@Wildfire: Yes! exactly. and other eery feelings. My hometown home was/is still a fascinating house. Doesn't look like much from the outside, once you step in, there's a totem and you overlook two stories. Beautiful home and weirdly designed, so there are some dark corners. Definitely can tell the place was built for a wealthier family in the 70s.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 18:33:27 )
@star2000shadow: That's often how I go about putting together new avatars. "Oh, what does this look like?" type of thing.

@Vixen: I was just curious. It sounds like an interesting hobby (?) or tradition (?)!!

@Koah: That's so funny! :3 <3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.