Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Global Backfire

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 05:24:34 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Cain, meanwhile, was back at his home, and had just unpacked everything, before receiving the text. He looked at it, before sighing.

"Urrrrgh." he grunted.

"Damn Lilim..." he said, before turning to his mother.

"Seems Lilim gave people the bare basics of information." he told her. "Just got a text from... Jordan's mother?" he muttered. "Yeah, Jordan's Mom. Anyway, seems she wants information on what I did to help Bast and Jord." he informed her.

"...and she's bribing me with cherry soda." he then added quietly.

".........you still okay without me here?" he asked her sheepishly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 05:39:04 )

"Yeah. Go. All good." Was the answer he got.

"Seriously. Go." she added.

"I'm good here. Better to get the information out there straight instead of the midway bullshit that Lilim tends to hand out. Bare minimum and shit."

"And Desiree's chill." She added after a moment or two.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 06:01:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Cain nodded in response.

"Cool." he said, sending a text in response.

Sure, be there in a few. What's the address again? he sent.

Desiree gave him the info, he teleported to the building, approached the entrance, buzzed them, made his way inside when they let him in, and took the elevator to the very upper floors, making his way to the unit in question, and knocked on the door.

Not seconds later, it was opened by Jaden, and he stepped inside.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 06:10:15 )

Desiree, meanwhile, made her way to the kitchen, and then the door where Cain and Jaden were.

"The promised drink." She said with a chuckle as she held it up a glass.

"There's more for ya later. I've got a bit of a jug you can just take home, too if you want." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 06:30:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Cain may have been a demonic zombie... and he was good at keeping his emotions in check... however, the excitement and glee in his eyes when he saw the drink, and heard there was more for him to take home was plain as day.

Both Desiree and Jaden saw it.

"Thank you." he said, accepting the bottle.

"Anyway." he mumbled, stepping further in as Jaden closed the door.

"What DID Llilm tell you?" he asked.

"Was it anything past 'something bad happened, but it's ok now'?" he asked further, taking a drink of the soda and relishing the flavour and sensation of it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 06:37:52 )

"You're welcome." Desiree said with a light chuckle.

"And Jaden was told that an alchemist was needed to help them, and that Lilim literally couldn't do much to help." She answered.

"At least that what he told me." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 06:56:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"That's all she said to ME." Jaden confirmed.

Cain finished the mouthful he'd taken, and then sighed.

"Of course." he muttered. "Leave someone else to give the unpleasant details." he grumbled.

"Unpleasant?" Jaden asked, concern in his tone.

"Well, relatively speaking." Cain clarified.

"Seems like the two of them were... well... they had a lot of drops of a potent Doll Daisy extract thrown on them, I guess would be the way to put it." he told them, before giving them more information, about both Bast and Jordan.

"They should be fine." he assured them. "But it was weird that they went after the two of them, seemingly ignorant of how Bast is a demonic nephilim." he commented at the end.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 06:58:33 )

Desiree was silent for a moment.

".... who the fuck is using those daisies NOW?" She asked, some venom to her voice before pausing and looking to Jaden.

"I know I could be jumping to conclusions... but you and I both know of one person it could be. But it doesn't make complete sense, she's good about research... wouldn't she know WHAT Bast is?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 07:18:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden was silent for a moment, thinking about it.

"Yes. We do." he said. "It's... certainly plausible. Outright probable." he agreed.

"But as for your question about the lack of research, it's possible it was a crony of hers acting on their own to gain brownie points with her, or acting on some more generic orders, and THEY didn't do their research." he continued.

"...meaning that follower is in DEEP crap for their failure..." he then muttered.

"We can't say outright it wasn't some strange isolated attack, though." Cain interjected.

"It's true." Jaden agreed.

"But I'd say it's an 80/20 split in favour of... well... the greater of the two evils." he sighed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 07:20:29 )

Desiree just sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"all right, then that begs one HELL of a question." She said before looking between the pair of them.

"... do they want Bast for his mana - probably necromancy if they didn't know of the demonic aspect - or Jordan for her eye?" She asked.

"... which one was the target, and which was the casualty?" She knew neither of them could properly answer that, but it was something that needed to be voiced, regardless.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 07:40:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Both just sighed.

"Only two people that can answer that." Jaden said.

"Indeed." Cain concurred.

"When WILL they awaken, anyway?" Jaden then asked him.

"48 hours at most." Cain responded. "And they'll have migraines like nobody's business when they do." he mumbled further. "I would NOT want to be them right now." he added.

"...I can well imagine." Jaden sighed.

"Still, thanks for the further info." he told him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 07:44:28 )

"Definitely appreciated. And thank you for helping Jordan." Desiree commented with a sigh.

"Do you want the recipe for that?" She then asked, motioning to the drink she'd given him.

"Or do you want to leave it as a means to bribe you?" She asked with a laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 08:08:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Cain paused for a moment, looking at the drink.

"Recipe?" he asked. "It's home-made?" he asked further.

"In-house." Jaden laughed.

"...pretty sure you now have payment for any alchemical service I can render." Cain told them bluntly. "I will do almost anything for this stuff." he admitted, taking another swig.

"There you go." Jaden said to Desiree.

"Don't give him the recipe, and we have our own personal alchemist-for-hire." he chuckled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 08:12:05 )

Desiree just looked to Jaden with a bit of a thoughtful expression.

"Didn't we already? I mean.. Kiah and all." She commented, wondering if cain would take that as a bit of a stab to his peide or not... Or have any other reaction of note.

"Since you're best friends with her mom and all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 08:31:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hmmm..." Jaden mumbled.

"That IS true..." he said, playing along with what Desiree was saying.

"ExCUSE me." Cain interrupted indignantly.

"Kiah is a chemist. A chemist that uses mana." he told them. "That is NOT an alchemist." he continued. "I interweave the very essence of mana, and cause it to BOND with basic elements and complex components." he said further.

"..." Jaden was silent, suppressing a smirk.

"Same thing, yeah?" he asked.

Cain was now on the verge of sputtering from sheer outrage, and Desiree could see that Jaden had a make a heroic effort to not burst out laughing.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 08:35:02 )

"She's always said that was the same thing." Desiree commented with a snicker. As it seemed that Cain was about ready to pop a blood vessel, she just laughed.

"Chill, Cain. It's all right. I know that you and her are on different levels... even if you technically both learned from the same source." She added.

"I also know that there is plenty she just can't do because of her mana."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 09:00:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

It took Cain a moment, but he finally seemed to calm down. He breathed in and out a few times, before composing himself, and clearing his throat a little. He then looked between the two of them, and sighed.

"Indeed." he said.

"Is there anything else?" he asked.

"I should... probably head back to continue assisting with Mom's current project." he told them.

"I think we're good." Jaden responded.

"...however, pretty sure we now owe you about 4 litres of that pop just to apologise for what we just pulled." he added with a light snicker.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 09:05:14 )

"Take the pitcher from the fridge." Desiree commented. "and I'll have more for you later, once I pick up what I need to add the carbonation again."

"But thank you for the info, Cain."

---

Jordan woke with a start, but silently. As she sat up, she realised where she was - back in France, at Bast's parents place and in his room. It was somewhere that he realised was safe, she reasoned.

"... ow." She muttered the blossoming migraine became apparent.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 09:25:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Cain sighed again, but it was clear he was calmer, and in a MUCH better mood now.

"Cool." he said. "Thanks." he told them.

"And... you're very welcome." he added with a small smile.

---

She looked around, unsure as to whether she should wake the still-sleeping Bast beside her. He looked like he was having a bit of a fitful sleep, but it didn't seem like it was anything TOO concerning.

She then noticed two pills on the endtable beside the bed, a bottle of water, and a note. She grabbed the note to read it, and saw it was from the son of the demon that Bast's mother was friends with; Cain.

Odds are you have a whopper of a headache.

Whipped up these pills with some help, take one. It should take the edge off, at the very least.

-Cain Callamachi.
it read.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 09:55:45 )

She was most certainly quick to take one of what was left there, before just laying back on the bed again with a wince. It was now time to wait for that to do whatever it was that it was going to do. She didn't expect it to be super quick though, since it was still powedered as most pills were.

"... why did she want Bast though..." She wondered quietly, knowing that there was no one that could answer her in there.

She did wonder, though, how long Bast would be out.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.