Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Global Backfire

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 05:26:10 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Evan was silent again, before nodding.

"Yeah." he said.

"Each other." he echoed.

He then looked around, and sighed quietly.

"...cold..." he mumbled.

"It seems to get colder here every... um..." he went on, before pausing.

"I don't know. Time's becoming meaningless to me."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 05:31:07 )

"It really is losing all meaning, isn't it?" Sammy asked after a moment or two before sighing, heavily.

"There's absolutely no way to tell time, either. For all I know, it's only been an hour since we arrived. I don't know, and that's the problem." She added before pausing as they heard footsteps in the hall.

"... and then there's the fear that we both live with." She added

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 05:53:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Evan became unnervingly still when he heard the footsteps, but exhaled slowly when she spoke.

"...y-yeah." he replied.

"I don't like that. At all." he agreed.

"...I'd say this is Hell, but... I've been told Hell's nicer than this." he continued. "Or, from what I've been told, this place seems like it'd be worse." he then clarified.

"Sammy..." he then mumbled.

"If we die here... I'm sorry." he apologised.

"And... I love you." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 05:59:28 )

"I love you too, Evan. And I promise, you will be an uncle." Sammy assured him as the door was opened and they saw someone that neither were very familiar with. His presence easily stated that he was one of the few that the one in charge allowed some freedom for, actually a lot of freedom.

" Times up. Let's go, kitty." he addressed Evan. Sammy just held her brothers wrist and hand, hoping to stop him from getting up. She knew it was a bad idea to stop him, but she couldn't help it. Something was screaming at her that this would kill him, and that if she cared about her brother, she had to stop him.

Somehow.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 06:21:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Evan was silent as Sammy grabbed onto his hand and wrist, but something compelled him to stand up. He tried, but it was clear that he had SOME control, as her holding on was enough to keep him down.

"...get up." they ordered again. "Or we drown the girl in ice water." they threatened.

This seemed to be the impetus that Evan needed, and he was instantly on his feet.

"...good cat." they hissed.

"And YOU." they then said to Sammy.

"YOU stop making trouble, or we'll start directly targeting your family." they hissed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 06:25:08 )

Sammy was silent before getting to her feet with her brother and stepping in front of him, blocking his path.

".... You assume I believe you lot aren't already terrorising them." She stated, her voice cold as her hands were coated in fire.

"You're an elf, but you can still burn to death." She continued, her voice stating how true her words were. She really would kill him if it would help them get free. This would be purely self defense, and survival.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 06:47:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." the elf was silent, before his eyes narrowed.

"Heh. Heh heh." he chuckled. "You're actually threatening me." he said.

"That's amusing. Annoying, but amusing." he commented.

He then took out a small capsule-like device and threw it at her, the object landing on her chest and exploding into... a fine mist that dissipated quickly, but seemed to do nothing. The elf knew what it did, though, and smiled cruelly.

"Now." he said to her, as she felt the dark elf control mana within her start to swell and strengthen.

"Let go of the cat, and go sit down. NOW." he ordered her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 06:59:06 )

Sammy just closed her eyes, grimacing slightly and focusing on her brother. She refused to fall, refused to give in to what she could feel building. The stronger it got, though, the less aware of her surroundings she became.

She didn't move though, and just reached behind her to her brother, holding his hands, tightly.

"... No." She managed to get out, the effort that it took evident in her voice. The one that was there just stepped up to her, while she didn't move and didn't look at him.

"Let go." He ordered. She ignored him. The next thing she knew, she felt a burning stinging sensation to her face as he slapped her. Hard. She didn't move though, the same tenacity and determination that her uncle had shown so long ago.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 07:25:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" the elf was silent as he saw this.

"I admit. I'm impressed." he said. "Genuinely impressed." he commented.

He then just sighed, and took another capsule from his pocket. He knew she was concentrating hard on resisting, so she was borderline useless right now, so he stepped right up to her, and cracked it open right under her nose.

"Heh." he chuckled.

"We'll see how long you last." he told her.

"I'll saturate you with this until you're little more than a damn doll."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 07:31:46 )

Sammy stood her ground. She even went so far as to limit her breaths while it was there, but she was physically incapable of moving from that spot. It was a combination of the mana welling within her, her determination to protect her brother, and what he was doing now.

He could see her weakening, how she was so close to the edge and about to fall into the depths of the mana that had been planted within her. It really wasn't hard to see, but her determination was still there. That was proving difficult to get through.

As he grabbed her chin to force her to look at him, she smirked before punching him, hard, in the torso. She made sure her hand was coated in flames, but those died quickly afterward, just as it reached the point where she couldn't fight it any longer, and she fell off that edge.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 07:51:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He cried out in pain and growled at her, clearly angry now.

"Why you little...!" he exclaimed, pulling back his fist to punch her in the face.

"Mistress grows impatient." a voice told him suddenly from the door, causing him to pause in place.

"..." he was silent, before grabbing Sammy and throwing her against the wall. Hard.

"SIT." he commanded her.

"And don't move. AT ALL." he growled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 07:57:22 )

This time, she did listen. Then again, she was a determined sort, but even she had a breaking point. Pile enough on, and anyone would fall.

She was just there, against the wall, looking to be at the point he'd said - nothing more than a doll for the moment. However, he knew that wasn't permanent, it would last for a couple hours most likely, before it all wore off.

Should be long enough for what was going to happen, regardless.

---

She stood off to the side, watching them set the room up. The rune was nearly done, just needed a coupel of final details that the last necroamncer would add, and then the mana activation. If this worked, one person would be revived, just one. That was all she was aiming for, for the moment.

Just one person, and if that went well, then she'd up it to a couple hundred. Eventually, and probably within a month, she'd have all of those like her alive again.

"This better work, Christopher." She stated, her voice sharp as always.

"IF this is a complete failure, you may find yourself in more trouble than the Fyrane girl will be in soon."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 08:21:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris looked over towards her, and flinched a little, before nodding.

"I understand." he said.

"But this should work. I've worked every last detail out." he told her.

"I've been working on this for years and years, and I can definitely say this is the correct rune to do it, and we'll have the correct amount of power to execute it." he promised her.

"You'll see." he went on.

"I just need to know if we'll be resurrecting anyone in specific, or if we'll be doing just a random dark elf."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 08:27:07 )

"My mother." Was her response after a moment or two, as she looked to the rune again, studying it.

"I, admittedly, really don't know any others." She added. "We ran from the village before I had a chance to properly form any memories of them."

"And I dont' trust any others to ressurect them quite yet, without testing the rune on what should be an easier soul to revive."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 08:47:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris nodded in response.

"Syraene Encrae. Got it." he said.

He then made his way to a point in the rune, and etched something into it, checking a sheet that had the written dark elf language on it.

"...that should be it." he commented.

"I think we're ready." he told her, looking at the rune overall, and nodding again.

"Yes. Ready as it'll ever be. It's perfect."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 08:49:56 )

"All that is needed, then, is for the key necromancer to arrive." She stated, ehr voice cold, but also a bit of a smirk to her tone.

"He was fun to beat down, as well." She added. "He will do anything fo rhis sister."

"What I want to know, is what is taking so long. I sent Azari to grab him nearly fifteen minutes ago." There was definite impatience to her voice, as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 09:00:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris looked away a little, biting his bottom lip some.

'...it's worth it. Mistress's goal is worth it.' he told himself mentally.

'.........right?' he then questioned himself, just as Evan was pushed into the room.

"Get in there!" Azari commanded.

"And follow what she has to say!" he told him, gesturing to Vanessa.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 09:06:08 )

Vanessa looked over to where Evan was, smirking.

"Perfect." Was all she said before whistling.

"Into Positions!" She called out she made her way to Evan, sizing him up.

"You, in the center."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 09:26:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Evan didn't say anything, didn't do anything. Except what he was told to. He made his way to the centre, and stood there. Waiting for further instructions.

"...right." Chris mumbled.

"He should be sitting... cross-legged... facing the southwest corner of the room... and placing one palm on the small circle in front of him." he told Vanessa.

"And... the other hand should be on his chest." he added.

"Does it matter which is which?" one of Vanessa's cronies asked him.

"Dominant one on the circle." Chris replied.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 10:56:42 )

As Evan did as he was directed, Vanessa just watched.

When the mana was triggered, coursing through the necromancers there - there were six, plus Evan - she was waiting, hoping this would work.

The crimson glow that the rune erupted into was quite strong, and it seemed into the mages more.

---

She didn't kn ow how she was able to do this, but she managed to get to her feet and stagger her way down to where she felt her brothers mana. She didn't know what was going on, exactly, but knew that it wouldn't go well.

She could feel her brothers soul starting to tug at it's casing slightly.

As she managed to get into the room, the rune rebeled, sending everyone in the room against the wall, hard enough to cause some debris to fall around everyone. It didn't seem like anyone was cnscious either.

And her brother was bleeding. He was not moving, bleeding, and it looked like his mana was leaking form him, same as the other necromancers that had taken part. Seeing that kicked Sammy's instinct into overdrive, and she dove into the room and for her brother.

"EVAN!" she screamed. When she reached him, she got to her knees, and just held him close, not caring about the rune and it's effects on her. She didn't care what kind of anything might come from this, didn't care that she could feel it seeping in. What she did care about, was her brother, and how he didn't seem to breathing. Hell, she couldn't find a heartbeat when she tried.

"No... no no no!" She half screamed as she held him close. As she did so, with her hands on him - one on his back and one on the back of his head - she didn't notice the rune starting to spread across his skin. It was different than the usual Fyrane rune though, this one actually looked more friendly, and less sharp, than the usual one.

As her brother took a breath, she collapsed, unconscious but still very much alive. That had just taken a lot out of her.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.