Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Global Backfire

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 07:13:37 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The one that was with her looked at the café, and scratched at his chin a little.

"Hmmmm." he mumbled.

"I think we can afford to stop." he told her. "I could use a drink, anyway." he reasoned.

"And it's always good to try new things. Even if they're variations on old familiars." he added with a small shrug, before looking around.

"Yeah, I think we have plenty of time." he chuckled.

"Whatcha think you want?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 07:22:42 )

She just chuckled lightly.

"Very true." She commented.

"However, you'll haeve to do the talking. I can't speak a lick of Spanish." She added with a light laugh as she reached and opened the door, holding it open for him, a parasol sheilding her from the harsh rays of the sun.

"Shall we then?"

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 07:45:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He just laughed as well, before stepping inside, with her following.

"Hmmm." he mumbled.

"Well, looking at the board, seems like they have the caramel shots that you love." he told her. "Or, well, they do that here." he clarified. "I know you like caramel." he added.

He then listed off a few things that he felt she'd like, and some of the house specialties there, in case she was feeling adveturous.

"Anything pop out?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 07:59:18 )

She just chuckled.

"Oh hell yeah." She told him honestly before telling him, in English of course, what it was that she wanted.

As they were off to walk and investigate the area more, to be tourists, they cut through an alley. It was while walking down that alley that their path was blocked.

"You're a necromancer, no?" It was a female, a woman most likely, and shed did not sound friendly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 08:25:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The male knew she was talking to him. She had to be. Between him and his traveling companion, he WAS the necromancer of the two. He narrowed his eyes when she asked him the question. It was pointed. It was direct. It was knowing. This was little more that rhetorical, and he could sense that in her tone... among other, unpleasant, things.

Besides, where they were, mana was not unknown, and it was one of the more mage-friendly areas of the world. Playing dumb here would serve little more than to aggravate her.

"...perhaps." he responded.

"So what if I am?" he asked her.

"What is it to YOU?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 08:41:09 )

She was silent, before smirking.

"Perfect." was all that she said before stepping up. There was silence before his companion spoke up.

"Hey!" She exclaimed. The one that was there paused, before smirking.

"Ahh, two for one." She commented.

"And you will be quite a prize as well, what with that eye." She added, an almost sick smirk to her voice.

"... Bast... can we please get the hell out of here?" She asked quietly. "I really don't want to get into problems here."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 09:01:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sebastian narrowed his eyes when the woman said what she did... essentially threatening the two of them. He reached his arm out in front of the one he was with, as if to protect her, before gently starting to push her back away from the woman, as well as starting to shuffle back as well.

"I don't know who you are." he said.

"I don't know what you want with us." he went on.

"But I strongly suggest you back away. NOW." he continued.

"You go one way, we go the other, and we can forget this little event happened."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 09:09:39 )

The one that was ahead of them just stepped closer with a bit of a laugh.

"It doesn't matter waht you think." She stated before tossing something to the ground at their feet. It burst upon contact with the ground, showering the pair of them in water droplets.

"Soon enough, you won't be thinking much at all. It's quite effective on all forms of life, from human mages, to vampires, to elves." She promised. Sebastien's companion just grabbed his sleeve. She was a vampire, and already starting to not feel right. She couldn't identify why or how, though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 09:23:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

'Shit!' Sebastien cursed internally, as he noticed his companion already looking... off. And he was starting to feel... something... inside of him. He could sense that half of his DNA was starting to submit to... something. Or it felt like it was beginning the process of it. It was hard to explain, but he had a feeling that he would lose his sense of individuality because of this.

'Need to save Jordan' he thought, figuring the best idea was to teleport them out of here.

However, when he tried to manipulate his mana, he felt that whatever was splashed on them interfere and gum up the works. The one that had tossed the object would know what was happening, but then something unexpected happened.

Sebastien's left eye turned a glowing red, and that same half of his body looked to be coated in an ominous black mana.

"Insignificant speck." he said to the female in a condescending and angry tone. However, he then frantically clutched at his head, gathered every single bit of control he had, and concentrated on getting himself and Jordan someplace safe. The first thing he thought of? His parents home.

Which was when an ominous portal appeared beneath him and Jordan, dropping them inside it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 13:14:06 )

Whomever it was just smirked as she saw them starting to fall. However, as Sebastien said what he did, along with the portal, she growled. She hadn't a chance to say, or do, anything else before they were gone. Moments later, she felt the darkness behind her, and she knew what it meant.

"This failure will cost you." was all that they said, before they were gone as well.

---

Jordan and Sebastien landed in his room back home, to silence. Jordan was on her knees on the floor, her hands at her head as she was fighting the effects of what they'd been hit with. However, it wasn't hard to tell that it was probably a fight she'd lose eventually, and it likely wouldn't take too long.

"Bitch had daisies in there." She managed to snarl quietly. It didn't have the usual impact it normally would have, however. There was a distinct lack of energy and emotion to her words, her face even. Then again, she was completely of this plane. Bast, on the other hand, was not, thanks to his mother, and Jordan realised that he was most likely faring notably better than he was.

Thankfully, even she had some resistances to that mix. It did not mean that she was immune, sadly, and she was just relieved that they were back somewhere safe for the moment, somewhere that she wouldn't need to worry about being taken advantage of - even if she knew that Sebastien very much could. She trusted him, and his father .... his mother was probably the least trustworthy one, and she still trusted the woman.

So as she felt herself starting to fade more despite her attempts to prevent or fight it, she knew that she'd be safe.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 20:34:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sebastien looked to be faring... differently... than Jordan. 'Better' or not would be a matter of opinion, but it seemed that, for all intents and purposes, his demonic side and human side were at war with each other.

And the demonic side was starting to win.

His eyes kept flashing from more demonic, to his normal, back and forth, as he felt the tenuous balance of his DNA start to break. This hadn't happened in... years. Many, many years.

And his mind immediately resorted to the solution he'd come up with the last time this had occurred.

"MOM!" he shouted at the top of his lungs, desperation and panic in his tone.

"HELP!!!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 20:54:55 )

Jordan, considering what was going on with her for the moment, didn't have the wherewithall to properly realise what it was that she'd just heard, or what it was that was going on with Sebastien. She had her own things to deal with, like the encroaching emptiness along with her eye going a bit out of control.

Sebastien's mother, meanwhile, was in the basement, painting when he called out. She looked up to the ceiling before getting to her feet and making her way upstairs. She knew where he was, she could feel his presence.

Once she reached the room, she didn't even bother to knock before opening the door and stepping inside. As she did so, Bast felt the pendant that hung at his collarbone pulse, causing his mana to be frozen in place. It was a safety feature they'd all agreed upon when he was a child. His mana was a bit volatile, and his father insisted on a means of stopping any potential issues.

She didn't say anything though, but that really wasn't something unexpected, she wasn't really one for words.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 21:45:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As soon as the pendant pulsed out, he stopped in place. Still. Silent.

His demonic side looked to be stuck in time, but his human side now looked completely subservient. Or at least, extremely so. It was a strange thing to see for her... and she had to admit, she didn't like it.

She was seeing her son be half-paralysed and half subservient. He was NOT himself.

And neither was Jordan.

It was clear they'd been attacked by the same thing.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/12 01:50:14 )

"Damn." was all she said before sighing and pulling her phone out of her pocket. She didn't do much, other than dial a number, hit call, and wait.

"Yo, long time not talk. Not that it really matters. I need your expertise." She stated simply.

"Pretty damned sure there's some doll daisy extract or something else akin to that in play here and a counter would be lovely."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/12 02:16:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The one she had called paused for a moment, almost dropping the vial he had, but he managed to not do so, before swallowing hard.

"...right." he said.

"Can I get some details?" he asked.

She then proceeded to tell him what had happened, where they were, and the state they were in, which caused him to just sigh heavily, and shaking his head lightly.

"Be there within 5 minutes." he told her, before the call was ended.

"Sorry, Mom." he apologised to the woman he was working with. "Seems I'm needed for a bit of an emergency."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/12 02:22:37 )

She was silent as she hung up the phone, looking toward her son.

"Wthe hell happened to you two?" She asked, knowing she wasn't going to get an answer as the woman who had been working with who she called just met his gaze.

"What's going on?"was all she asked. "If you have the time to answer." followed another second or two later.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/12 03:25:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He just sighed as he started to pack some things he'd need.

"Seems that Jordan and Sebastien were attacked." he told her.

"Doll Daisies. And she had to stop his demon half from taking over." he continued, before giving a little more info.

"So Lilim needs ME there to counter it." he went on.

"...you can keep going for the next little bit without me?" he then asked her.

"Oh, and anything you think I should bring to them?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/12 05:22:05 )

She was silent for a moment before sighing, heavily.

"Don't forget the ember weed, you need the heat to act as a catalyst." She told him.

"Beyond that, I trust you know what you are doing, and I can manage here, myself, for a bit." She confirmed with a nod.

"Go, take care of them."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/12 05:42:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, right." he responded, grabbing the plant in question.

"And cool, thanks." he said.

"I... well, I shouldn't be gone TOO long." he then mumbled. "When you know what you're doing, Doll Daisies are easy to counter." he reasoned.

"Anyway, I'll call if complications arise, that okay?" he asked.

"Yep." she responded.

"Cool." he said, before finishing packing and disappearing into an infernal portal into the floor, appearing just inside the door to Lilim and Lex's abode.

"Helloooo?" he called into the place.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/12 05:49:38 )

There was silence that met him for a moment before he heard footsteps. A few seconds later, he saw the black-haired woman he expected.

"Come on." She said simply before leading him up to the room in question

"I have no idea how the hell they ended up like this, just that they arrived and need some help that I can't adequately provide."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.