Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Global Backfire

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/12 06:11:24 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Of course." he responded as they walked towards the room in question. Once they stepped in, he paused and looked at the two that were there... shaking his head a little, afterwards.

"Yeesh." he mumbled, but then looked more closely as he stepped closer.

"...these... look like... stains?" he commented, seeing discolouring on their skin. Well, on the skin that was exposed.

"This might be tricky." he told Lilim. "This looks like a very potent extract." he said further.

"But, I DID come prepared."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/12 06:13:54 )

"Good to know." Was all she said as she leaned against the doorframe.

"Just do your thing. I figured if anyone could really do it, it'd be you or your mother." She added. "Although I will ask this - do you need or want my help with anything for this?"

"I do realise that a lot of times, when it comes to alchemy, an extra set of hands can be damn useful."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/12 06:33:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He thought for a moment, and nodded.

"I may need your help for your son." he told her.

"Demon physiology is... weird." he muttered. "Nephilim DNA even more so." he sighed.

"But... we'll start with Jordan first." he said, looking at the stains and figuring that they were affected via skin contact, so skin contact would be the best way to counter it.

With that, they set to work, and a vial of bright yellow liquid was produced about 5 minutes later.

"Let's do this." he said, filling a dropper with it, and then proceeding to drop the mixture on all the exposed 'stains' he could find.

"If this works, we should see an immediate change." he told Lilim.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/12 07:10:05 )

Sure enough, it was a quick reaction. The marks were still there, but they were much more faded. Along with that, it didn' take long at all before Jordan collapsed, unconscious. Cain, having been right there, caught her and laid her down on the floor, making sure she was at least slightly comfortable for the moment.

After the pair were good, she was silent for a moment before she hefted Jordan into her arms, which wasn't that difficult as the vampire was rather light.

"You'll probably hear from one of these two about this." She commented as she took Jordan to the bed, where her son was being set up. She just laid her down with him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/12 07:22:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Do let me know if there's any changes." he responded.

"I'm just glad I could help." he said.

"Still... I wonder why they were targeted like that..." he then mumbled, thinking about it a little. "Very odd..." he said further.

"Anyway, they'll sleep that off and awake with headaches, but that's nothing new." he shrugged.

"Beyond that... they should just do nothing but improve."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/12 07:28:44 )

"I have every intention of asking about that when one or the other wakes." She commented with a sigh.

"Anyway, you can take off if you so desire. I've got a ocuple people I shoudl probably call, anyway." She added. "If I don't tell Lex, at least... I'm not going to hear the end of it." It wasn't in her nature to fill him in on something so minor as that their son was unconscious in bed. She knew that his father would likely overreact a bit, and she really didn't want to deal with that, tif she were to be honest.

However, what she did want to know, but knew that there was nothing she could do about finding out aside from wait, was find out what it was taht had happened. Why they were targetted was a prime example of what she wanted to know, since it didn't make sense. Obviously whomever it was hadn't known about the demonic half of him, otherwise they would have properly factored that in with whatever they tried to dose im with. So it made it even more puzzling - who the hell wanted either of them, but wasn't aware of what Sebastien was?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/12 07:58:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He nodded in response.

"All right." he said.

"I'm off, then." he told her. "See you... well... whenever I see you next." he finished.

He then gave her a little wave, and disappeared into a portal below him. Lilim could see the portal was... well... it was crude. She could see it was unrefined as anything, but it was most likely because the one that had created it wasn't a demon innately. Still... it got the job done.

With that, she was alone once more, but she at least knew that her son was safe, and recuperating.

---

Lex just yawned as he and his sister finished setting up the circle of crystals.

"Right." he said. "Now we need to-" he started to say further, before his phone went off, the ringtone telling the siblings it was Lilim. He was silent for a moment, before gesturing to his sister and stepping away for a moment, answering it.

"Hello?" he said into it.

"Lilim? What's up?" he asked. "You almost NEVER call me." he said, his voice a tad on the concerned side, wondering if something was wrong.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/12 20:57:16 )

"I know, and only doing it this time to avoid you tearing my head off later." Lilim answered as she made her way downstairs again.

"Just letting you know that Sebastien and Jordan are unconscious in his room." She told him plainly.

"And I don't know when you're going to be home, but make sure it's at least a couple of hours from now." She continued. "This place is steeped in demonic mana."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 02:28:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex paused for a moment, as what Lilim told him sank into his mind.

"...I..." he stammered.

"Wait, why?" he asked. "To both of your statements." he told her.

"Why are Bast and Jordan unconscious? And why is the place steeped in demonic mana?" he asked her. "I mean, it usually IS, but for you to comment on it is really something." he then commented.

"I assume the two are related." he then went on.

"But what's going on? Will they be all right?" he asked further, trying not to freak out, internally calming himself down.

At the moment, all the tiredness and wariness he'd been feeling earlier had been yanked out of him, and he could feel the panic and adrenaline surging through him, though he had a feeling that Lilim would have just said outright if there was a problem.

Still. He couldn't help but worry. It was fatherly instinct taking over.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 02:30:45 )

"Should be." was Lilims response.

"Got Cain over to help ensure it. Let's just say that Sebastien and a submissive human half really don't place nice." she told him.

"And no, he didn't attack Jordan, although she could likely defend herself decently... regardless, just stay away for a couple hours while I clean this place out of all the painful mana to non-demons."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 02:51:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...fair." Lex responded.

"At least they'll be okay. Cain is a prodigy, from what I've seen and heard." he said. "And his mother's taught him VERY well." he added.

"Anyway, thanks for letting me know, and I'll be sure to avoid home for a couple of hours." he told her.

They then ended the call, he sighed, and made his way back to his sister.

"Right." he muttered.

"Long story short, Bast and Jordan were attacked and had Lilim needed to call someone in to help. That person being Cain, it seems, and he pretty much solved the issue, and I need to stay away from home for a few hours until the place stops being saturated in demonic mana." he summarised to her.

"Though now I'm wondering what the hell happened." he sighed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 02:58:38 )

His sister was silent for a moment before shrugging.

"It's a bit concerning, yes, but at least you know the situation was taken care of. Are you going to be able to focus for your client thouhg?" She asked, the usual concern to her voice.

"If not, you know I can fill in."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 03:31:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"No, no." Lex responded. "It's fine." he told her.

"Knowing the situation has been handled, and that Bast and Jordan will be all right is enough." he said.

"And even if it weren't enough, I need to distract myself anyway. I mean, I would if I was internally freaking out right now, which I am NOT." he insisted.

"Besides, I can't go home, anyway." he shrugged. "Might as well do something productive." he reasoned.

"I'm just concerned about Jordan's parents." he then said.

"If I recall, her father can be a little... er... overly concerned with her, at times."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 03:38:31 )

She sighed lightly.

"well, here's hoping Lilim calls and that goes well, then." Was all she said with a light shake of her head.

"Because there is nothing else TO do, unless you want to call them yourself."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 04:01:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex paused for a moment, thinking about it.

"...actually... hm." he muttered.

"One way to check." he said, taking out his cell phone and testing Jaden.

If Lilim's filling you in right now, no need to text me back or call if you don't want to, as I'd just be reiterating what you already know. he sent.

"If I don't get a call or text back, or if he says Lilim's already told him, we'll know for sure." he told his sister.

Sure enough, Jaden HAD been talking to Lilim on the phone, and Desiree had seen his expression darken a little, and become quite concerned. There was then a little confusion in his expression, before he finished with the call...only to check his phone again, and send a text.

Just letting you know I have been filled in. he sent.

He then sighed, and looked at Desiree.

"...welp. Seems Jordan and Sebastien got into some trouble." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 04:03:43 )

".... can't... say I'm surprised. Why else do you get that really impossibly phone number calling you?" She asked.

"What's going on? Is Jordan going to be all right?" She then asked.

"I'd ask about Bast, but... we both know he'll be fine."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 04:24:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Jaden was silent for a moment, before sighing again and sitting down beside Desiree.

"Apparently that's not a statement we can make so confidently in the future." he told her.

"Because... well... yes. Both he and Jordan are going to be all right." he said. "But they BOTH needed help from Cain, it seems." he then revealed. "As in, the two of them required help from an alchemist to make sure they were all right. Lilim couldn't help Bast, alone." he told her.

"She didn't tell me any details, though." he then growled.

"Odds are she didn't tell Lex any details, either, so there's no point in trying to get any info from him." he mumbled further.

"Damn it, what HAPPENED, though?" he asked rhetorically, getting a little stressed and worried now. "What could happened that required Cain's help for both? THAT'S what's concerning me right now."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 04:27:42 )

Desiree just sighed.

"I ... have no idea, and there's no way to know." She then said.

"We will just have to ask her later. ... Or get ahold of Cain." She continued as she grabbed her phone from the coffee table and started to type up a text.

"If he was needed to help, then.. he'd know, right?" She asked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 04:57:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden paused for a moment, and she saw the enlightenment in his eyes.

"...why did I not think of that." he muttered. "WHY did I NOT think of that." he repeated.

He then looked over towards Desiree, grabbing his phone, but pausing when he saw she was already on hers.

"Ah, right. You're already doing so." he chuckled.

"Well, never mind then." he said, before trying to calm himself down a little more, concentrating on his mental state, and doing a few mental exercises he'd been told by Lindsay over the years.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 05:04:45 )

Hey Cain. I know that I'm not much of a familiar face, or number, but I heard about you helping out Bast and Jordan.

I have some of the cherry pop that I've heard you like. Come by, grab some, and fill Jaden and I in?
It was a simple text, but it asked what she wanted to ask.

Would he be game for giving them some more information, whatever it was taht he might have, that is.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.