Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Global Backfire

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 22:51:45 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

As soon as she fell unconscious, Evan's eyes popped open, and he looked ready to yell out into the room. However, he saw that his sister was right beside him, and looked around, taking the scene in.

'...what...?" he asked himself.

'Wait, what went wrong?' he asked. 'From what I was aware, that SHOULD have w-' he started to ponder, before shaking his head and turning his attention to his unconscious sister.

"No, no, no..." he said quietly.

"Sammy?" he addressed her, but it was no use. She was out cold.

He then bit his bottom lip, and tried to lift her up to take her away from the room, but his own body was too weak from what had just happened.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 23:19:34 )

She just laughed as they stood at the edge of the cliff.

"You sure about this, Luke?" She asked.

"You're not usually one that wants to go diving." She added. "I can take you out to the middle of the lake and let you drop or dive into the deepest part."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 23:51:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Luke was silent as he stood at the cliff.

"...I..." he stammered.

"I need to do this." he told her.

"I can't be afraid of diving my whole life." he went on.

"Need to rip that bandaid off right here and now!" he then declared.

"...while I still lack the cowardice to chicken out." he added quietly at the end.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 23:56:30 )

She just laughed before stepping up to him and resting her hands on his hsoulders.

"Well then." She said, looking out over the lake with him.

"Shall we then?" She asked before shoving him off the edge. Before he could properly process it, she dove after him, catching him mid fall on her back, and flying out to the middle of the lab with him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 00:26:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Luke just sighed when his brain caught up.

"...you love doing that, don't you?" he then asked Kelly.

"But it's why I love YOU."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 00:33:39 )

She just laughed.

"Damned straight I love doing that." She commented.

"Always good to get the heart pumping every so often, no?" She asked as she maintained a height of a few dozen feet.

"Feel free to jump off whenever." She added. "Or I could just dump you. Your choice, babe."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 00:57:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Luke just sighed again.

"Right." he said.

He then looked around, before nodding to himself.

"...heh." he chuckled.

"And here we go!" he declared, before almost rolling off of Kelly's back.

"See ya at the bottooooooooom!" he called to her as he fell towards the water below.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 01:00:58 )

She followed, knowing that he'd hit the water first, but also not really caring. She just loved to dive.

Plus she wasn't entirely sure he'd do the best with it, if she was being honest. She knew about the lantha blood he had, but didn't know how apparent it was for something like this. It was so rare that they were able to come to a body of water like this, after all.

---

They were having fun and enjoying themselves for a few hours before Luke was up on the cliff again, and she wasn't. She'd said she'd meet him up there, but .... wasn't there. It was a decenlty long trck from the water up, as well.

She should have been there, yet she wasn't.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 01:21:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Luke was now getting a little impatient, and a little worried. He looked around and saw no sign of her. Nothing at all. He looked over the edge of the cliff to see if she was trying to scare him by popping up from there... but she wasn't there.

He looked to his left, his right, up, down, everywhere.

No Kelly.

"...okay..." he said.

"This is... not... usual..." he mumbled, before shaking his head and cupping his hands in front of his mouth.

"YO! KELLY!" he called out.

"WHERE Y'AT!?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 01:29:20 )

He was met with silence, pure unadulterated silence. It was eerie, unnerving, and he really didn't like it. Before panicking, he took one last look out to the water before turning and heading back down the way he came, hoping to encounter her.

Sadly, he didn't.

It wasn't until he was on the beach again, that he saw anything that could be anything - he saw a form break the surface of the water.

"Luke!" He heard, her voice sharp was normal. Moments later, she took to the air, something shiny and long in her hands, as she started to make her way over, hoping he'd respond to let her know if she was going up or down.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 02:02:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"What the...?" Luke muttered, wondering what she had.

"YO!" he called to her as loudly as he could.

"DOWN HERE!" he shouted.

When Kelly looked in the direction she'd heard him from, she saw he was on the beach, waving his arms frantically, jumping up and down.

"HEY-O!" he called to her again.

"...the hell's she got?" he then wondered aloud.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 02:07:00 )

Sure enough, she made her way over, landing near him.

"Look what I found!" She exclaimed with surprise to her voice, along with some wonder, as she closed the distance between the two.

"I found this in an underwater cavern." She added as she held it out. When she did, Luke was able to see, clearly, that it was a dual-edged long sword that looked to have some aquatic corrosion to it, but in stellar condition all things considered. The edge looked to be exquisitely sharp, as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 02:28:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Luke looked at the weapon, and whistled quietly when he noticed the edge of it.

"...woah." he muttered.

"That looks like some amazing craftsmanship there." he said.

"An underwater cavern?" he then asked.

"Yeah." she replied.

"Surprised the thing hasn't corroded and rusted to nothing more than scrap." Luke commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 02:34:17 )

"Yeah, no shit." was all that Kelly said with a light shake of her head.

"I might have to let my parents take a look at this, see what they have to say, or maybe head to Darrels, see if his dad knows anything." She said simply as she looked the blade over.

"It's... gorgeous though. A bit of corrossion, yeah, but overall? It's a gorgeous blade." She continued. "The gold and gem inlays just catch your eye." She paused a moment, looking to Luke.

"Any chance you can mana this back to my bedroom or something?" She asked. "I'd rather not leave it here while we're just enjoying ourselves, and it had no sheath or scabbard or anything, either."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 02:54:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Luke looked over the sword as well, nodding in agreement to what she said.

"Yeah, fair." he said.

"It's really a piece of work." he commented further. "Looks like when they made it, things were built to last." he added.

"And sure, I can teleport it if you want to." he then said. "Lemme see it." he told her.

She then handed him the blade, but when he gripped it and she let go, the blade slammed down to the ground like Earth's gravity had been multiplied on it, causing Luke to hunch over suddenly and grunt.

"Woah! Heavy!" he declared. "Then again, you're a lot stronger than me." he chuckled.

"Anyway, to teleporting." he said, before concentrating his mana into teleporting it... before nothing happened. And he was then repelled back a few feet, landing on his ass.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 02:58:21 )

"Luke!" Kelly exclaimed before looking to the sword, picking it up and heading over to where the brunette was.

"You all right?" She asked, concern in her voice as he was getting to his feet again.

"Seriously. That ... looked like it hurt. Do you want me to give you a lift home?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 03:19:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Luke got to his feet and shook his hands a little, checking for burns or damage.

"Yeah." he said.

"That DID hurt." he told her. "Doesn't seem like it did any damage, though." he muttered.

"But that was... SUPER weird..." he admitted.

"Anyway, if you want to call this outing over, I'm cool with that." he told her. "You gonna take that blade back home?" he asked.

"And if you feel you can handle both me AND the sword, I'm cool with hitching a ride back."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 03:22:26 )

"... I admit, I'm too damned curious abotu the sword to really do much else for the moment. It was lodged into the wall of the cavern, and is still in such good condition? What kind of charms or enchantments are ON this thing?" Kelly asked with a light laugh.

"And yeah, I can do both, not a problem." She added before getting onto her knees - since she was so much taller than him - and letting him climb on.

"You know the drill, seaweed." She then said with a light laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 03:41:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Luke just sighed as he climbed on and heard that.

"You LOVE that new nickname for me, don't you?" he asked with a small smirk.

"Where'd that come from, anyway?" he asked her.

"I mean, I know WHY it's a thing. Draydin-Lantha, sea, plants, yeah." he then said. "But where'd you get it?" he asked.

"Do I have your own brain, or someone else's to thank for it?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 03:44:53 )

"Heard Rene, and my Dad, calling your mom that from time to time." Kelly answered as she took to the sky.

"It just stuck. Although I don't dare call your sister that. That'd put me six feet under quicker than I care to admit, or wish." She added with a laugh.

"But yeah. I heard it around, and since it fits, it's sticking."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.