Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 20:33:13 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

haha ty sunny! and wow nice :0 that's a lot of words already
what are you thinking for the magic system??

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 20:35:08 )

hey wildfire! i'm not badddd , finishing my tea and gonna see what i can do before the sun sets in two hours lmao
whew i can imagine ur family goes thru food fast haha ... how did your thanksgiving day go? :-)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 20:36:49 )
@xvz: Yes, my family FLIES through food!!!
Thanksgiving was ok. I spent more time in the kitchen than I was thinking or hoping, but not as much as in years past, and overall it was pretty quiet and lazy. How was your TDay?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 20:40:29 )

haha at least stuff doesn't go bad if ppl are eating it all ?? cooking for one i have to freeze things a lot lol
yeah cooking (and cleaning as you go) is so much prepwork @@ ... and having to clean at the end too??? haha
did ur family help out much??

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 20:41:33 )

mine went pretty well!! i had a very tiny friendsgiving that i cohosted w a friend, we each invited 1 person so 4 ppl total (the cohost friend and i both live alone, so i think we both felt it would be minimal risk to do something small)
ohh i think i posted our menu in the tea thread the other day , let me dig it up i was so proud haha

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 20:50:07 )
@xvz: That sounds like a nice little Thanksgiving! :3 Yes - share the menu! I'd love to see what you guys did!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 20:52:14 )

alright here was the menu!!!

- kale salad and butter lettuce w/ golden raisins, apples, walnuts, and apple cider and lemon vinaigrette
- roasted sweet potatoes w brown sugar n cinnamon n other spices
- brussel sprouts and acorn squash w/ honey balsamic vinaigrette (sooooo good)
- corn bread muffins w fresh lavender
- apple cider donuts for dessert
- cocktails:
⠀ - mulled red wine (mulling spices, orange slices, cranberry)
⠀ - chilled bottle of orange wine
⠀ - decaf coffee w/ chocolate liqueur

^ this was "my" portion and my friend came over on thursday and we cooked it all that day lol

and then the other friend i cohosted w made:
- vegan sausage w potatoes carrots celery etc.
- stuffed peppers w quinoa and other protein/veg
- green bean casserole
- stuffing

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 20:54:02 )

i think that was the most cooking i've ever done in a day lol ..... my family doesn't really celebrate traditional thanksgiving , and i think also usually i'm used to friendsgiving potlucks where everyone brings a dish but there are a lot of ppl?

if u like vinaigrettes the honey balsamic one we put on the brussel sprouts was amazing!! i had never tried that before and it turned out so tasty, highly recommend
will gladly share the recipe if you're interested lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 21:04:45 )
@xvz: Your menu sounds wonderful and right up my way of approaching food! Yes, please share that recipe!

Turkey
stuffing
gravy
mashed potatoes
cranberry sauce
olives
kale & cranberry salad with almonds and raisins
garlic mint carrot salad
brussel sprouts with bacon ("bangin' brussel sprouts", if you want to look up the recipe online)
corn
... I think I'm forgetting something ...

we had pie (apple, pumpkin and cherry) for dessert, with icecream &/or cool whip

I had hard boiled eggs, bacon, cinnamon rolls, bagels & cream cheese out for munchies / breakfast

and cheese, crackers, salami/etc. out for snackage

We didn't do anything particular for drinks unless somebody wanted to mix something themselves with the random bits of "adult beverage" things we happen to have around the house right now (eggnog + whiskey?)

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 21:10:19 )

wildfire we would host a great hypothetical friendsgiving together lol!! ur menu looks so good omg ... i've never had mint carrot salad before :0
what did u usually use for ur salad dressings?

wow so many desserts lol ... we were all so full by then, i brought enough donuts so everyone could have at least one but we ended up splitting two among all of us
i love mashed potatoes!!! i considered making them but i already had a bunch of sweet potatoes i needed to use up and it felt like too much potato to have both lol

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 21:11:43 )

yess here's the recipe!!

2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp balsamic
2 tbsp sherry vinegar (we used white wine vinegar tho since we didn't have sherry)
2 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp neutral oil
salt and pepper
minced shallot

ah i have so many bottles of adult beverage w like 1-2 drinks left lol ..... i'd feel silly bringing them to a friend's though but i want someone to help me finish them cuz they're just taking up space lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 21:15:32 )
@xvz: I did the same thing with the potatoes but opted for the easier route and did the mashed (mostly for the guys). I was going to roast the sweet potatoes with maybe carrots, parsnips and acorn squash, but I thought it would be too much and didn't want to spend all that time prepping the root veggies! It's just apple cider vinegar on the carrot salad, with some salt & pepper, but in the past, I have added some honey to that mix as well. It's sooo good and sooo simple!

Lots of desserts because my guys definitely have a sweet tooth and we don't usually indulge too much

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 21:18:14 )
That balsamic vinaigrette sounds familiar - I've done that (or something very similar) to it before. I love it. And yes, our menus are very much in alignment, which I love!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 21:22:25 )

ahh mashed potatoes n gravy is just so satisfying to eat for me lol, it's def one of my favorite side dishes of all time!!

i feel, i def had a lot of produce i ended up not using - carrots, parsnips, i also had a head of broccoli and a head of romanesco broccoli :0 (which i've never made before!) - hopefully i'll get around to using it up this week tho, but def need a breather from cooking haha. i think for us i was like well there's only 4 of us, plus we have to carry this stuff over (it's just a 10 minute walk tho) so i don't wanna make life too hard lol

oohh , i'm kind of new to salads / dressings but now that i've had some good ones i'm like ahh i see the appeal now lol! i didn't realize it was so easy to dress a salad ^0^ honey and apple cider vinegar sounds like an easy tasty combo i'll have to try it sometime! :3

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 21:22:52 )

did u make the pies too?? or picked them up ahead of time? (if you baked 3 pies from scratch in addition to everything else i would be shocked and v impressed lol)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 21:33:01 )
@xvz: I still have carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, acorn squash, etc. that I need to use too. Also a head of broccoli. I'll do something with them soon - I'm just not sure what right now (I'm in a refusing-to-think-about-food mood ATM!) The romanesco broccoli is easy - hand it similarly to broccoli or cauliflower as a veggie or you can steam it and use it more like a salad too :3 It's good.

Oh no - I did not make the pies! Those are store-bought. I'm not much of a baker, tbh and I was trying to take it easy on myself this Thanksgiving

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 21:34:20 )

@Wildfire: LOL pizza is tasty though. Not your usual standard of cooking though, you make some interesting dishes!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 21:35:40 )

@xvz: well I want magic to be genetic, but I also want there to be different types of magic, and each of the three characters in my story has different powers. Magic isn't common in this world at all, but I still need three children to be *cursed* with it at the same time in the same geographical area so... idk.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 21:38:24 )
@sunny: LOL! No, it's not my usual standard of cooking, but I let the guys do something like that every once in a while ;) and I'm a little burnt out at the moment. Or maybe they'll forage with the rest of the leftovers (whatever's left). I'll probably make a turkey soup tomorrow, but I'm not interested in cooking tonight and I probably won't even eat...

It sounds like you have some work ahead of you with your magical aspect for this story, but once you figure it out, it could be really interesting!!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 21:41:02 )

ahh extras ... and totally understandable lol! if later u think of stuff lmk :3 i might just shove everything in the oven for roasting hahaha
i've never had romanesco broccoli before, it showed up in my local csa and i was like pretty cauliflower fractals ?? i might take a nibble just to see what it tastes like!

oh gosh whew i was gonna say haha. i do enjoy baking but there's only so much room in the oven too lol

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.