Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Autumn Block Party 2017 Valentina's Scavenger Hunt! [Autumn Block Party]

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:19:43 )
I'm glad you guys liked it! I know it definitely had its share of flaws--it was the first I've ever planned on a big scale, and we had less posting time than expected due to one of our helpers resigning and one getting sick halfway through--but I like to think it went okay, as far as a mini event goes, and we have pages of notes on how to improve going forward that we've noticed on our end. We're definitely going to post for feedback following the close of the event, and ways to improve for future mini-events, so keep an eye out if you have suggestions! I know I'm going to be looking into timed posts, a site clock, and maybe seeing if we can implement dice type games, but we'll see if those are possibilities, haha.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:23:56 )
Honestly, as a first event, I really liked the turn out :) I liked that there were so many different contests we could enter, so it didn't just limit it to one type of skill.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:25:37 )
XoGIZMOoX:
Valentina:
“Want to know how to grab my attention when you find something? How about quoting the below so I’ll be sure to see what you found! Make sure you include the picture with your post!”

Hey, Val, I found some stuff for you!

Lightning bolt symbol on my cell phone charging icon and battery logo too

Voltra blinkie banner

Me being the curly hair voltra piggy

Quoting myself to reshow off my piggy lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:26:06 )
I'm glad! I tried to make sure there was an even split, in terms of art vs non-art stuff, so that everyone could participate. I think 50/50 is the split I want to try and keep going forward, but we'll see how it turns out!

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:28:21 )
LOL! Oh my gosh! xDD That is fabulous.

Sly, Id say it was pretty even :) A little writing contest sometime would be neat to see. Maybe they gotta write like..a 1000 word short story or something on a certain theme or NPC. But otherwise, these gave everyone a chance to be a part of the contests ^^

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:34:47 )
Valentina:
“Want to know how to grab my attention when you find something? How about quoting the below so I’ll be sure to see what you found! Make sure you include the picture with your post!”

Music instruments

Recycling bin

Piggy

Electric fridge

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:45:08 )
We were actually going to include a writing contest for Vontell, haha, but since we haven't released the lore, we didn't think there was enough yet to work from. Maybe in the future!

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:48:18 )
Awh! That would have been neat, but yeah, without a lot to go on hard to write around it lol. But we are learning more and more every day! ^^
|

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:57:51 )
Valentina:

Ice cubes

From the ice realm I have Artic Zero ICE CREAM

Flashlight

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 02:02:51 )
These new entries omg. I'm...I'm ok with 3rd place.

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 02:04:30 )
I still have a ton to post this sucks on a cell phone

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 02:25:49 )
Valentina:

Wild shot at GOAT for lol - I tried to make a GOATee then I realized I have too much hair xD

Light bulbs

Electric power box (This must be the master server for Voltra because it holds lots of volts)

Electric appliances - wall plug

Stacked electric washer dryer to wash my avi clothes

Thick books

Electric hot water heater

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 02:55:09 )
xD damn, go Gizzie !
that's a ton of stuff

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 03:01:06 )
Haha, don't be discouraged. Not all wild cards count, so just because someone is submitting a lot of guesses doesn't mean they'll necessarily sweep the board for points. We'll have to see how Valentina judges everything. ^^
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 03:04:27 )
Valentina:

Lightning bolt PLUS.....

BONUS I FOUND Vyc's image on my shirt

Candles because It's Gizzie's BIRTHDAY and the emoji cakes and cake monthly items look yummy........ I had a good thing to link candles to the site and forgot what I was going to say so I hope this is good enough

Gizzie's card shop
Gizzie's banner shop

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 04:17:34 )
Valentina:

All items in This Imgur Album with labels.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 04:28:40 )
I just uploaded them all today.

Npc — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 06:40:09 )
Well, it was no contest, guys and girls.

Actually, it was a contest!

After the past two weeks I've really gotten down to the nitty gritty with my projects and it was thanks to all of your wicked submissions for my hunts. Some of you even went the extra mile this time around, and I'm here to let you all know who those runners are.

Blowing away the competition this round was Miss Kitty -- no one came close to touching her, so congrats to this huntress. 500 Ohms and a Sweet Cakes coming your way, sweet cake. You also get to pick what awesome color combo you want my knock-off belt and gloves to be.

Second was okios which I'm pretty sure sounds like some kind of yogurt, but despite being milk in a bowl, they really cleaned up! 500 Ohms for you!

Last but not least was XoGIZMOoX who came up with all sorts of gadgets in the final round. 250 Ohms coming at ya.

That's all for this event, everyone! Bernard and I are gonna be whipping up some really cool things for you in the near future. I mean, really soon. And with that, hope you all had a great time helping me out!

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 06:40:55 )
Very nice! Congrats to you all!

Donator — He Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 06:47:20 )
Woot congrats everyone

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.