Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Beyond Security

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 23:39:25 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

She had a bit of a rough landing, but it was nothing too bad. The worst that happened was that she lost her balance and ended up stumbling back and falling into an old office chair that rolled back as she landed in it. But other than that, she was fine.

She was inside what looked to be an office. An OLD office. An office that looked to have been abandoned and out of use for decades upon decades, if the dust and debris were anything to go by.

She knew she was in the right place. This was a large factory. Or it used to be, before the company went belly-up and the place was left abandoned and condemned.

Cain had violent tendencies when he got stressed, so he ended up buying the place, as well as the little bit of property around it, so he could come to it and... let a little steam out.

Which was precisely what she was hearing.

Down below her, outside the office, she heard banging, crashing, smashing... and yelling. Yells of stress... frustration... anger. It was Cain, and from what she was hearing, this was the worst she'd heard it, as she'd been with him once or twice in the past when he went to do some de-stressing. And this was, by far, sounding more violent and physical that she'd ever heard before.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 23:52:20 )

Lunet just sighed lightly, knowing that this really was her fault.

"I'm so sorry, Cain..." she said quietly as she made her way out ofd the room she was in, and headed down to where she could hear everything from. She didn't know how this would go, but she did know that even if he ended up killing her, she'd be fine.

She made her way to the ground floor and followed the sounds of the noise, the destruction. Sure enough, she found wherer Cain was, destorying furniture and everything within the room.

As Lunet stepped into the room, she had to duck to dodge a ;large piece of debris coming at her head.

"Whoa! Cain!" She exclaimed. "Hey!"

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/25 00:11:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Cain was already about to take a sledgehammer to one of the desks there, but grinded to a sudden and abrupt halt when he heard her yell out.

He froze, almost stunned, before blinking a couple of times.

"...am I hearing things...?" he mumbled, turning in the direction he heard it from.

"...not unless I'm SEEING things, too..." he said further, letting the sledgehammer fall to the floor, a dull clank echoing throughout the empty factory.

"...L... Lunet...?" he stammered, taking a shaky step towards her.

"Is... is it really you?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/25 00:13:26 )

Lunet winced as she hammer hit the lfooor. That was loud, a bit too loud for someone who was pretty sleep deprived (as she was reasonably sure she was). She also hoped he didn't properly notice how dead on her feet she probably looked.

"Hey." She said simply.

"It's me, and I'm here." She then said before sighing.

"I'm sorry I vanished." He could hear the sincerity in her voice, along with annoyance. Although if he knew her at all, he'd know that she was annoyed at herself for letting this happen.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/25 00:31:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Cain just took a few more shaky steps forward, before he couldn't take it, and just collapsed into a chair that was closeby... almost breaking it in the process.

"I..." he stammered.

"At least you're okay. At least you're alive." he went on, before pausing.

"Er... okay, that one was a bit overdramatic..." he then admitted.

"But... you're not mad at me or anything?" he asked her.

"You didn't ghost me because I slighted you or something?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/25 01:15:51 )

lunet shook her head.

"Not at all." She said as she approached him.

"I.... kinda got tunnelvisioned on a project." She told him honestly.

"I'm so sorry about that. I didn't realise it'd been months."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/25 01:25:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...I know you can get tunnelvision when it comes to a project." Cain responded. "But it's never been THIS bad." he admitted.

"I tried calling you, texting you, emailing you, visiting you, nothing." he told her.

"I was starting to think you had left me." he went on, hanging his head.

"...and it didn't help when Mom separated her soul from her body." he then admitted further.

"That was when things just... became too much for me." he sighed.

"I started to really lose it as time went by, and I didn't know what was going to happen with Mom, or what happened to you..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/25 01:29:50 )

"Well.... nevermind all that for a moment. I'm here." Lunet said with a soft smile. She was puzzled about the soul comment, but wasn't about to properly delve into it.

"Come on. I need to clean up and get some sleep. Want to join me?" she asked, her voice a bit hopeful.

"and... uhh.. maybe not my place? It's a sauna."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/25 01:57:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Cain was silent once more for a moment, before getting up and making his way towards her.

Once they were close enough, he suddenly wrapped his arms around her.

It was clear that he'd missed her, because this wasn't an ordinary hug.

This was... effectively... a bear hug. It was something that Cain had been wanting to do for a while.

He missed her. Immensely.

And it was all being released in this embrace.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/25 02:02:06 )

"Oof!" Lunet exclaimed as she was embraced with more force than she'd expected.

"Good to see you too." She said, returning it as best she could. She knew she couldn't match the strength, especially when they were a different species, technically.

"I missed you. I'm so sorry about the silence." She added before pausing.

"..... my phone is dead, and I haven't checked it yet." She then said.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/25 02:24:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Cain just continued to hold her close, almost squeezing her TOO hard... but he stopped when he started to feel her heartbeat speed up rapidly... and then start to slow down just as quickly. He let go immediately and took a step back.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry!" he apologised.

"And... and yeah, let's... let's get out of here." he agreed.

"But where do you want to go?" he asked.

"You said not your place, so... I guess mine?" he went on.

"I mean, seems like the best place, even though I rarely need to shower." he mumbled with a small shrug, before pausing.

"Actually, I think it might be a good idea. I don't sweat, but... odds are I've accumulated a lot of dirt and such..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/25 02:30:04 )

Lunet just chuckled lightly when he said what he did.

"I can make sure you're good and clean, if you want?" She asked.

"Or we can just jump in the pool that you guys have."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/25 02:51:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

If Cain had a capability of blushing, then he would be doing so right now. But Lunet knew when the demon-zombie would be doing so. She knew him all too well, and knew how to get things running.

"I, ah..." he stammered.

"...hm." he mumbled.

"Actually... well, a pool's not the greatest for getting a person 'clean', per se, but... I suppose it COULD work." he admitted.

"It's warm enough, and it SHOULD do the trick..." he went on, scratching at his chin.

"All right, fair. We can do that." he agreed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/25 03:02:45 )

lunet nodded.

"Sounds good." She said simply.

"Shall we then?" She asked with a chuckle.

---

She was the first to wake, but that wasn't too surprising at all. She was dead, after all. She climbed out of the bed and made her way to where she heard someone, specifically Nate, on the phone. She didnt' say anything, didn't want to interrupt, so she just left. She wanted to make her down to the lab.

When she found she didn't have access, and knocking got no answer, she sighed and made her way up to the head office. She knocked on Hal's office door and waited, hoping to get a response from him, at least.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/25 03:22:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Who's there?" she heard.

"Agent Callamachi." she responded. This was met with silence for another moment, before the door was opened.

"...Aedan?" Hal said, seeing her.

"Huh. Well, then." he mumbled.

"Good to see you're up and about." he commented, stepping out of the way to allow her entry.

"Surprised the medical wing let you out so soon, though. I would have thought they'd at least contact me when they knew you were back to your old self." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/25 03:24:44 )

"I'm sure they would have wanted me to hang around for a million tests too." Aedan commented as she stepped in.

"However, it's late, Nate's the only one in there that I saw, although I'm sure others are there too, but he was on the phone and I wasn't going to interrupt him." She then said.

"However, I was wondering if I could get temp access to the lab again? I seem to have been taken there without my keycard, and no one was answering when I knocked."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/25 03:44:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Hal was silent for a moment.

"Ah, one moment." he said. "I should probably-" he started to say, before his desk phone rang. He sighed when it did, and motioned for her to wait.

"Bet I can guess who THAT is..." he mumbled, answering it.

"Agent Sharp... yes... yes, Nate, calm down. Calm down." she heard him say into the phone. "Calm. Relax. It's not what it seems, I assure you. She's fine. Yes.... yes, she came up to my office, and she's right here now." he said further. "She's not missing, she's fine. Yes, the serum worked, and I'll tell her to return as soon as she can." he went on.

"...yes, you're welcome. Now relax and don't let this panic you. Just relax. All right? All right, bye then." he finished, before hanging up.

"All right..." he muttered.

"I'll give you a pass to the lab." he told her. "However, you NEED to return to the medical wing and have them look you over after you do what you need to at the lab." he stressed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/25 03:46:31 )

Aedan just sighed.

"Yeah yeah." She muttered.

"I will. I just need to check something first." She added.

"So yeah, if you'd oblige me a pass for the moment, that'd be lovely."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/25 04:40:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal shook his head.

"No, I'm not sure if you realise the severity of this." he told her.

"We have had two agents go missing while they were in a state of soul separation." he informed her. "Agent Windsor... and Agent King." he said further, his tone heavy and dark. "And we have reason to believe that they were abducted by Olivia Edwards, acting while under the control of Vanessa Encrae." he continued, a growl to his tone.

"Nate was concerned that a similar fate had befallen YOU, as I'm sure he or someone else went to check on you, and found you suddenly gone." he reasoned.

"So, if nothing else, JUST to appease the medical team and show them you're NOT kidnapped by Encrae, please return to the wing as soon as you can." he finished, before digging into his desk, and lightly tossing a card key at her.

"Your pass." he said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/25 04:42:58 )

Aedan caught the card before pausing.

"Really?" She asked before sighing, heavily.

"Well.... I suppose that's good to know." She added.

"I'll make sure to, then." She added.

"Anyway, I'll get out of here, let you do what you need to." With that, she headed off, out of the office, and with a light sigh down to the medwing.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.