Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Beyond Security

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 05:08:23 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

She received silence on the other end for a moment.

"Ah, Lunet." he said.

"Good to hear your voice again." he commented, relief in his tone.

"I'd ask if you've finished your big project with Leonard, but... well, it's already here." he said further.

"Still, not surprising it's taken you this long." he commented.

"Chloe seems like a very elegant piece of tech."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 05:10:07 )

lunet just chuckled lightly.

"Yeah, sorry about the whole... vanishing act." She commented before looking around, sighing.

"Although I'm going to guess you didn'te ven notice." She added.

"What's going on there that's kept you from here for so long? It's a sauna, so I know you haven't been home."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 05:32:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...excuse me?" Hal responded, sounds VERY incredulous right now.

"Didn't even notice?" he asked.

"I noticed pretty quickly." he told her.

"When you don't respond to texts or emails or calls for about three weeks, I tend to get a little concerned." he continued.

"And what's been going on!?" he exclaimed.

"You haven't even checked my messages at all, have you?" he asked. "The Unit has been under a massive crisis or two for the past 3 months." he told her further, now awaiting her response to that.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 05:35:51 )

"..... anything Chloe can help with?" Lunet asked.

"And... eh-heh... sorry. You know I tend to get engrossed in projects." She continued. "... I swear it's only been two weeks though. I didn't realise it had been months." She paused here, seeming to think about something.

"But yeah... is she of help?" She asked, hopefully

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 05:56:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I know you tend to get engrossed in projects." Hal responded. "However, THIS little stunt smashes all previous records you've set for yourself, my dear." he told her bluntly.

"By a LOT." he added.

"You're lucky for two reasons. The first being that, 3 weeks into silence from you, Leonard visited me in one of my dreams, and told me what was happening, so I would stop being a nervous wreck about you." he informed her.

"The second being that Chloe has already been more help than one could ever expect." he said further.

"We'll talk about this later, when I'm actually physically able to return home."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 05:58:25 )

"Yeahg... sorry about that." Lunet said, her voice sheepish.

"And... uhh... be better to chat after I've had some sleep. I feel like I haven't slept in weeks... which makes no sense. Unless Leo was helping me stay up for longer, and I don't know. Just... I'm tired, and gonna die if I dont' sleep soon I think." She added.

"I just wnated to call and say hello. See what was going on. All that. So long as you're ok though." She added. "Because... yeah. That'd be bad if you weren't, for more than just me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 06:20:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Mmhmm." Hal mumbled.

"I'll let your mother know you're finally home." he told her.

"She's been a bit worried about you as well." he continued, before pausing.

"...speaking of dying and death..." he then went on. "Have you let Azazel or Cain know about this?" he asked her. "I bet you haven't." he guessed.

"Seeing as neither of them sleep or dream, so Leonard wouldn't be able to contact THEM about your little extended away time." he continued.

"Don't let ME tell you what you should and shouldn't do, but... you may want to update at least Cain about this." he suggested. "After all, if he truly does love you, odds are he's worried out of his undead demonic skull."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 06:22:15 )

Lunet froze as Hal said what he did about Cain.

"......... if you need me, I'll... uhh... call the landline or email me or something. I gotta go." She said before quickly hanging up, struggling to remember Cains phone number as she relied on her contact list more than she cared to admit, before settling and calling their home phone.

"Oh Cain... please be all right..." She muttered, realising that he could very well be a bit of an emotional mess for all she knew.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 06:45:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just shook his head.

"That daughter of mine." he said.

Meanwhile, the phone rang for a few seconds, before it was answered by Azazel.

"Callamachi residence." he answered.

"If you're looking for Aedan or Cain, neither can come to the phone right now." he said.

"So if you want to speak to either, leave a message."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 06:48:05 )

"Hey Azazel, where IS Cain?" Lunet asked.

"... if you happen to know." She then said, not sure what else to say for the moment. She hoped he couldn't hear how dead tired she was in her voice, too.

"Because.. I get the feeling I need to talk to him."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 07:09:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...you do." Azazel responded.

"You have explaining to do." he told her.

"And where is Cain? I don't know." he said. "But at the same time, I DO." he went on.

"He's gone to where he goes when he needs to do extreme de-stressing." he then informed her.

"Been gone for a few days now." he continued.

"So he must be working a lot out of his system... wherever he is."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 07:15:05 )

"I know exactly where he is." Lunet told him.

"Does he have his phone on him?" She asked, her voice curious. She couldn't mana herself there, and it was rather out of the way. It would take her quite awhile to get there, otherwise.

However, as she spoke, she got to her feet and made her way downstairs and grabbed her bag. She dug her table out of there, sat on the couch, and started navigating to buy a plane ticket.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 07:37:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I don't know." Azazel responded.

"I highly doubt it, seeing as he probably doesn't want to be disturbed at all." he told her.

"So you're gonna need someone to mana you there, meaning someone else is going to need to know where this secret place is." he reasoned.

"Or you can find your own way." he shrugged.

"Regardless, I wish you the BEST of luck." he then told her, a hint of venom in his tone, before sighing.

"Sorry." he apologised.

"Cain and I have both been very stressed as of late, seeing as we were trying to help Aedan with the Unit crisis, and we're missing critical alchemy books."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 07:40:00 )

Lunet paused.

"Eh?" She asked.

"Missing Critical alchemy books...? Do you mean the ones that I borrow from you what.... a month and a half ago?" She asked after a moment or two.

"I can return them tomorrow. I need to deal with Cain first. If you want to go and collect them, you can pick them up at..." She paused a moment before giving him the address.

"Thanks for letting me borrow them, by the wya." She added

"and I'll get your son back to you as soon as I can. I'm ordering my plane ticket now."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 08:00:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Azazel was silent for a moment, before she heard a muffled yell of a curse.

"Can't believe we forgot." he said.

"We need those ASAP. The alchemy knowledge within is crucial for stopping the crisis at the Unit." he told her.

"..." he was then silent, before blinking.

"A plane ticket?" he asked.

"You really have to resort to that, huh?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 08:03:48 )

"Passcode to get into the building I mentioned before is 179576245." Lunet told him honestly.

"And I'll worry about my travel. You? Get what you need to the Unit." She then said.

"I'll worry about Cain."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 08:25:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Uh..." Azazel muttered.

"Yeah, uh... one second." he said.

"Hear me out." he told her.

"Your father is... well, he's a djinn, right?" he asked.

"Can't you just... I dunno, wish yourself to where Cain is?" he asked further.

"If it's SO important that nobody knows, can't a wish get around that?" he then inquired.

"Regardless, you deal with it your way. Bye for now." he finished, before ending the call and allowing her to ponder what he'd said, while het got the books that he thought were needed for the unit...

...unaware they were now completely redundant.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 12:42:22 )

Lunet just paused before looking to the phone after Azazel had hunt up.

"..... huh.... he... he's right. I should be able to." She said quietly before sighing and calling her Dad again.

"Hey Dad. Me again." she started when he answered.

"I was wondering... could I make use of your particular skillset? I don't have mana, and I really don't think I have the time to catch a plane."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/24 21:51:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just sighed heavily.

"...wait, a plane?" he then asked, before thinking about it.

"Does this have to do with Cain?" he asked her.

"Yes." she replied.

"Then speak." Hal told her.

"I wish I was where Cain is right now." Lunet spoke, clearly and concisely.

"Very well." Hal responded. "Concentrate on your destination for the next 5 seconds." he told her. "And the next thing you know, you'll find yourself where you ought to be." he informed her.

"Just tell me when you're ready."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/24 23:17:42 )

"I'm good." Lunet said, not entirely sure where it was that she was going to land, precisely, or how Cain would receive her. She coudln't deny she was uneasy about it, but she knew that she had to do this, and she wanted to make sure that he was all right.

"And thank you, Dad." She added before just sighing as she closed her eyes to concentrate.

When she felt the mana swirling around her, she prepared herself for a potentially rough landing, as she knew there was always a chance.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.