Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Beyond Security

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 05:08:53 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Damn it." Ilias muttered.

"This can't be impossible. We're SO close!" he exclaimed, before his cell phone rang.

"...hello?" he answered. "Well, we're close, but... huh?... What do you mean...?... all right... all right... yeah, sure thing..." he muttered.

"Yeah, thanks. Bye, then." he finished, before hanging up.

"That was Agent Sharp." he told Robyn.

"He says we're getting some help in figuring this out, and they should be by relatively soon."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 05:20:08 )

Robyn paused a moment.

"Really?" she asked, sounding a bit surprised, and unsure.

"Well, all right then." She said. "If we can get some help, that'd be utterly fantastic. I swear this should be working." She continued.

"However, I realise that there is probably just... one thing, one effect, one element of one thing that we're omitting. I haven't any idea what it is though."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 05:41:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I agree." Ilias responded. "On everything." he added.

"But yeah, one of us should wait for whomever it is." he told her.

"...well, all right, he said her name was Chloe." he said further, before giving her the description he'd been given.

"I know nothing about her, other than that, though." he continued.

"I don't know a 'Chloe'." he shrugged.

"Do you?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 05:43:59 )

Robyn just shook her head.

"I have absolutely no idea." She told him.

"I mean, my mom's middle name was Chloe, but that's literally the closes I come to knowing someone by that name." She added.

"Did Sharp say anything about when?" She asked, her voice curious.

"As in how long, or just soon?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 06:07:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias just sighed.

"Soon." he responded. "That's all I got." he told her.

"He said she had something to check on first, and would be along as soon as possible." he went on.

He then just shook his head, and dropped the marker pen he had been using onto the table he was at.

"...I hope she's a miracle worker." he said.

"Because that's what we need right now." he told her.

"With Kiah and Aedan down, and Cain and Azazel missing some crucial books, apparently, this is as close as we get, and we're STILL hitting a wall." he said further, irritation growing in his tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 06:15:21 )

Robyn was silent for a few seconds before sighing.

"I know." She said simply.

"I don't know what else to say, but... I just... I know. This is rather infurating, if I'm being honest." She added.

They were left wondering about it, puzzling over it, for about twenty minutes before they heard the door to the wing open, and close.

"Guess Sharp gave her a keycard." Robyn commented as she looked toward the door. There was a wall in the way, as they were in one of the smaller lab rooms within the wing, but it was still the right direction.

"You want to go say hello?" She asked before they heard a voice.

"Dr. Nicolo?" It was most certainly a voice that they didn't know. She sounded friendly, possibly young... but something sounded... off... as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 06:38:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias and Robyn exchanged puzzled looks, before he got up and made his way to the door. He opened it and peered out of the door, seeing the figure in the distance.

"Over here!" he called, motioning for her to come to him.

"Come on!" he said further.

He then looked back towards Robyn.

"...did she sound weird to you, or am I just tired and stressed?" he asked.

"Like... something seemed.... off..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 06:49:28 )

"Her voice seems... kind of devoid of life. Like real life." Robyn answered after he'd returned, and they heard the newcomers footsteps approaching.

"I ... almost don't know what the hell to make of it." She added. Before Ilias could say anything, the newcomer opened the door and stepped into the room. She had blue and purple hair that reached her shoulders, lightly tanned skin with some freckles, and the most piercing indigo eyes that could be found.

"Hello." She said before looking between them.

"Doctor Ilias Nicolo, and Robyn Nester. Please, tell me how I can be of service." She said simply. Her words were subservient, but there was nothing of the sort to her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 07:11:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah.." Ilias mumbled.

"Well... hm." he mumbled.

"I have... several questions." he said. "But those can wait until later." he said further.

"For now, shall we start with formal introductions?" he suggested.

"You seem to already know me, but I am Dr. Ilias Nicolo."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 07:17:11 )

Chloe didn't say anything before nodding.

"I know." She confirmed.

"As I also know that Ms. Nester prefers Gemini, or Gem, usually." She added, looking to Roby, who just paused, a bit surprised. It made sense that someone that Hal was sending to help would know things like that, however. Chloe, meanwhile, was scanning the room, and the information on the whiteboards.

"Ah, Dr. Nicolo, may I?" She asked, her voice a bit curious, as she approached him with a petri dish she'd grabbed off of a counter in her hands.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 07:37:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias wouldn't lie, the fact that she had not introduced herself seemed rude to him.

However, her knowledge of Robyn confused him.

And her question brought him back to reality.

"Huh?" he muttered.

"I... sure?" he asked.

"Wait, what are you talking about?" he then asked her.

"What do you want to do with that petri dish?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 07:42:37 )

Chloe paused a moment.

"I wish to extract some venom from your feistiest snake, of course." She commented, sounding confused.

"You ARE a Lacerta Lapis, are you not?" She asked. "My records state that you are... If they need to be updated, then please, tell me what it is that I need to update. I am not at all interested in having them be incorrect. I would not wish to insult someone."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 08:00:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias' mouth was almost agape now.

And this caused his feistiest snake... Helena... to pop out and hiss at Chloe.

"I..." he stammered.

"How... how do you know that?" he asked.

"What records?" he asked her.

"Who ARE you?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 08:07:18 )

As Helena was hissing at Chloe, she merely reached up, grabbed her in such a way that she had some protection, and pressed her front fangs against the edge of the dish.

"Hmm? Ah, right. My name is Chloe." She answered as she continued what she was doing. After a few seconds, she paused, seemed to be checking something... although she wasn't moving. After another second, before anyone could say anything, she released the hold on Helena and stepped back.

"That should be sufficient. My calculations for what I can and have seen in here, I believe this will be enough. However, it will be a rather... explosive reaction when I add it." She stated before looking to Robyn.

"You will want to step away." She said, approaching the table that Robyn was by.

"Wait, what? No way am I letting you at the mix." Robyn stated simply, plainly, forcefully, as she stepped in the way. However, that didn't seem to get much of a reaction out of Chloe.

"Ah. I suppose you would prefer to add it yourself?" She asked. Robyn didn't answer, just held her hand out for the dish.

"No." was all Chloe said. "the resulting mana exulsion will cause your skin to fraction. By that token, anything with any degree of biology shoud be out of the room when I add it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 08:27:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

To say Ilias was stunned would be an underreaction.

So much info had been bombarded at him, but he had more questions than ever. And he didn't even know if they were going to be answered. His brain was practically frying itself, before he shook his head.

"R-Robyn." he said.

"Maybe we should do as she suggests." he told her.

"Seriously. We're banging our heads against a wall. We're desperate." he said further.

"We may as well let her do what she wants to do, and see what happens, while being safely away from what's about to happen."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 12:53:11 )

It wasn't hard to tell that Robyn really didn't like this, but she didn't fight Ilias. He was the one calling the shots there, after all.

"Fine." She muttered before they left.

"You will know when you can return safely." Chloe commented before the door was closed.

"Are you sure we can trust her?" Robyn asked Ilias.

"Because I'm not entirely convinced so far."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 22:38:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...I'm not, either." Ilias admitted.

"I'm not convinced, I have no idea who she is, she won't answer my questions properly, she seems to know far more than she should, it would seem..." he went on, crossing his arms over his chest. "And something about her just seems... off." he then said.

"She fearlessly milked Helena, even when she was aggressive and ready to attack." he commented. "...but that's not even the right way to put it. 'Fearless' indicates that fear is known, but she doesn't feel it around me or Helena. It was as though fear was an alien concept to her. Like it wasn't even the faintest of a consideration for her." he muttered.

"Which is... well, it's unsettling, let's put it that way." the gorgon-spawn added.

"But... her name matches the description that Agent Sharp gave us, and she fits the description to a 'T', so... well... this IS the person that he said would be coming to help us." he went on.

"If he trusts her... even if just for this... then I will, too. I might not like it, but at this point, we cannot afford to turn away ANY sort of help or hint of progress on this." he lamented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 22:50:08 )

Robyn was silent, not entirely sure how to handle this situation before just sighing.

"... I just hope that she answers questions after she does.... whatever she's doing in there." She commented. "And that she doesn't destroy what progress we HAVE made." There was a touch of bitterness to her voice, but it wasn't too bad. Just... there.

And that's when they felt it. A extremely oppressive force coming from that room. It caused Robyn to wince pretty severely, and obviously in pain as her hand went to her damaged shoulder, and Ilias could feel the venom in it, the venom that she'd extracted from Helena. It wouldn't affect him, at all, of course, but it was there. He could feel the spiciness that he knew Helena had.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 23:09:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias' eyes widened and he looked in the direction of the room Chloe was in.

"What in the ever-loving...?" he muttered.

"That's Helena's venom, all right, but... but holy crap." he said further. "I've never felt it THAT potent before." he admitted. "That's unreal." he muttered further.

"...what is she doing?" he wondered.

"And is she going to SURVIVE?" he asked further.

"...wait she mentioned anyone with 'biology' had to leave..." he then realised. "The hell does THAT mean?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 23:18:59 )

".... AT least we know why, now. Kind of." Robyn commented.

"That... feels like it would be absolutely destructive." She added as the mana they felt got to be strong enough to push them both back a few feet, before it was gone. Just... gone.

It wasn't too hard to guess that whatever reaction she causing was done and over with.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.