Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Beyond Security

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 05:10:38 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

When she arrived at the medwing, she saw Nate at the receptionist desk, and he looked a bit disheveled. He noticed her, and she saw he fought the urge to just jump up and rush over. But he contained himself, and allowed HER to approach HIM.

"Welcome back, Agent Callamachi." he greeted her.

"You gave us quite a scare back there." he informed her.

He then let out a heavy sigh, before shaking his head.

"Well, it's clear that you're feeling well enough to be up and about on your own." he commented. "So much so, you were able to just leisurely walk out of here..." he went on.

"...someone should have been on watch. Aside from... well, me." he muttered further with another sigh.

"So how are you feeling?" he asked.

"Any abnormalities or anything feel off?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 05:23:41 )

Aedan just shook her head.

"Nahh. I'm good." She said.

"Sorry about that. Didn't know people were going missing though." She added after a few seconds. "Admittedly, barring me actually testing what I did, the last few days I was... connected..?? are a bit of a blur." She admitted.

"Am I the only one that was given whatever, or has others been given such yet?"

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 05:45:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"The first one to receive the serum was Alicja, as she was in the unique position to both be afflicted by this, AND have the ability to give consent." Nate responded. "She woke up with Ebony back, and a migraine. Well, almost one." he told her further. "Once it was confirmed there were no side effects, all others were given proper doses." he went on.

"You are the first to awaken." he said further.

"And no side-effects? Good." he then said. "But I suppose that makes a little more sense, give your unique biology." he then reasoned.

"...also, please refrain from talking about the abductions in front of Dr. Edwards." he informed her, this time his voice a bit more quiet.

"I don't know how much Agent Sharp told you, but... it... is a sore subject with her, to... vastly and criminally understate it." he muttered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 05:51:17 )

Aedan nodded.

"Makes sense." She commented. "I'll... be sure to stay mostly quiet about that. As in I won't say anything unless I'm asked." She then said.

"Beyond that, fair enough. I'm not surprised I'm the first to wake. AS you said, unique biology."

"And a migraine? Oof, glad I'm dead."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 06:14:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"The process is painful as well, but... I'd well imagine that re-stitching a soul back to a body is a very traumatic process." Nate then commented.

"So you really ARE in a differently unique situation." he shrugged.

"Regardless, let me do a few quick tests and a brief analysis of your body and such." he then asked her, as they made their way back to the room she had been in.

"...also, thank you in regards to Dr. Edwards." he said, shutting the door behind them. "Just... thank you." he whispered.

He then proceeded with the tests and such, which, true to his word, were relatively quick. They only took 10 minutes, before he wrote his findings down on a chart and logged them into a laptop.

"And you're done." he said.

"I'll report these to Dr. Edwards, and you're free to... well... go about whatever it was you were doing before." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 06:19:23 )

Aedan cooperated with everything that she was told to, before nodding when it was done.

"If you need me for anything, I'm heading down to the lab." She told him honestly.

"Beyond that, since you mentioned the migraines... if there's any here, try some Leriane Daisy extract." She told him.

"It might help. It was something that was used when I was revived originally, so it's possible it could help here, due to the soul connection then."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 06:41:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hmmm, I think we have some capsules of that." Nate mumbled. "Not a common ingredient, but... hm, if we don't have capsules, I know we have some of the actual extract." he said further.

"I could easily fabricate the capsules for ingestion." he reasoned.

"Thank you." he told her.

"Alija's headache lasted for hours, and what we gave her barely took the edge off." he lamented.

"Made it tolerable, at least..." he sighed.

"Regardless, I'll get to that after telling Dr. Edwards about this." he told her.

"Thank you once again." he finished, before opening the door and leaving, allowing her to leave at her leisure, much as she did before.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 06:48:55 )

Nate was gone before she was able to say anything. Once he was gone, Aedan just got to her feet with a sigh and made her way back down to the lab. She let herself in with the card and looked around.

"Yo! Ilias!?" She called into the depths of the building, not wanting to wander without any sort of idea as to what direction to go.

"Ah, Miss Callimachi." Someone that Aedan didn't know said as she approached the zombie. Aedan paused and looked at her, quirking an eyebrow. She could tell immediately that the approaching figure wasn't alive, due to what she was.

"Uhh...." Aedan started.

"Ah, right. My name is Chloe." She greeted with a smile.

"Aedan..." The zombie responded, not sure what ot make fo this.

"Aedan? I thought your name was Reveka?" Chloe asked, her voice curious.

".... it is, legally, but Aedan's easier for most people to say. I actually go by both." Aedan answered before pausing a moment. "Where's Ilias?" She asked.

"Ah, right this way. He is studying the serum that reconnected you." Chloe answered as she motionined to the room that Ilias was in. Aedan nodded and heading off.

"Yo, Ilias. Who the hell is Chloe? And what is she?" The zombie asked as she stepped into the room.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 07:08:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When she stepped in, she saw Ilias looking at a sample of the serum under a microscope, but he looked over towards her when she addressed him.

"Ah, Aedan, hello." he greeted her.

"Not surprising you're one of the first one's actually up and about, if not THE first." he commented.

"And to answer your question, Chloe is... well... Chloe's our newest resource." he told her. "And yeah, I know that sounds harsh, but there's no other real way to put it." he went on.

"Apparently the name stands for 'Calibrated Hotspot 1.0 Eternal'." he said further.

"A TechRetti product... and an android." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 07:10:36 )

".... huh." was all that Aedan said before shrugging.

"All right then. Anyway, my test worked then, I'm guessing." She added after a moment as she leaned her hip against the table.

"Do we know WHAT happened yet?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 07:30:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah, your test worked." Ilias said.

"Freaked the ever-living hell out of me when I came back to it, too." he muttered.

"And yes, we know what happened." he then confirmed.

"Chloe told me." he said.

"Seems this entire thing was caused by an insect from Australia." he informed her.

"The Coleoptera Elecanima, or... well... 'Soulless Spark Beetle'." he said further. "Seems it managed to get into the wiring here and... well... yeah." he sighed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 07:33:11 )

"... that... actually kinda makes sense." Aedan commented.

"However, at l4east it was fixed. Also, sorry about that. I knew you would have stopped me though, so I sent you to bed so I COULD make that test." She then said with a shrug.

"And at least it worked. I was right, it was a soul disconnect."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 07:51:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias rolled his eyes.

"It was risky and foolish." he said.

"But yes, it DID put us in the right direction." he told her.

"...so thank you." he sighed.

"How are you feeling, anyway?" he asked.

"...oh, and you should... probably let Azazel and Cain know you're back to being... uh... whole, again." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 07:53:31 )

"A little stiff, but I'm good." Aedan answered honestly.

"And... yeah... I probably should. Did my phone get fried?" She asked.

"Yeah. It was in your pocket at the time." Ilias answered.

"Ah damn, can I use yours?" Aedan asked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 08:03:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah, sure." Ilias responded.

"Here." he told her, lightly tossing it at her after he'd dug it out of his pocket.

"...man, this is fascinating." he then muttered, going back to the microscope.

"I never would have guessed that Helena's venom was what we were missing." he went on.

"Chloe is... something else."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 08:08:41 )

"Obviously." Aedan commented as she caught his phone.

"Thanks." She added as she dialed Azazel's cell in. When that went nowhere, she tried the home phone, wondering if someone would answer.

When it was, they hadn't a chance to say more than just 'hello' before she started.

"Yo." She greeted, not saying anything more for a moment.

"Figured I should call in case you two were freaking out over what happeneed to me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 08:28:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Cain and Lunet had just finished with their 'pool bath', and had come in to dry off, when the phone rang. When Cain answered it, Lunet could see the immense relief in his tone.

"Mom!?" he exclaimed.

"Oh, thank goodness." he said.

"Yeah... yeah, Dad and I WERE freaking out." he confirmed.

"...Dad probably still is." he then realised.

"Odds are he's desperately trying to gather the books that we loaned to Lunet a while back to try and get the problem at the Unit solved." he informed her, before pausing for a moment.

"But... guess it's already solved." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 12:46:04 )

"Seems so. It was Ilias and something called 'Chloe' that did it." Aedan commented.

"But I'm up and about again. Sorry about the scare, I ... to be honest, I didn't even consider you and Az." She admitted. "I just had to test something to see if it would happen as I thought. Sorry."

Lunet, meanwhile, had gotten comfy on the couch to wait, and took her visor off, as there was no need for it to be there for the moment. She didn't need to see, as she knew the layout of the place rather well, considering how often she was there.

"Are you two all right?" Aedan then asked, concern in her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 21:53:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"One sec, Mom." Cain said, before looking over towards Lunet.

"We're fine." he told her. "I'll explain everything when I'm off the phone." he said, before going back to the phone.

"Sorry about that, Lunet's here." he told her. "Yeah, she's back. She just set a new record for being engrossed in a project, and hopefully it's a record that she doesn't intent to beat anytime soon." he went on, in a slightly pointed tone.

"But all that matters right now is that she's fine, and you're back to being whole again." he told her. "I'm so relieved to hear that." he went on, but that paused for a moment.

"Also... Chloe? SomeTHING?" he asked further.

"What kind of phrasing is THAT? Who's Chloe?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 23:14:52 )

"Well, that's good to know, but when I asked about you two, I meant you and your dad." Aedan commented with a light laugh.

"AndI know it's weird. Apparently 'Techretti' sent over an Android." She continued.

"A fully functional one that helped Ilias and Gem figure out how to fix the soul disconnection that was spreadiong through." She added.

"So yeah. Thing."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.