Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Beyond Security

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 23:33:45 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Cain paused for a moment when Aedan made her clarification.

"...I, ah.. I see." he said to her. "Sorry, my brain is... a little fried from working on overtime for so long, and... well, suffice to say 'stress' is a word that would probably show up a lot." he admitted. "But anyway, moving on." he quickly continued,

"Firstly, that is... definitely interesting." he said. "Definitely something new." he muttered. "Secondly, I'm doing much better than a little bit ago, and... well, when I see Dad next, I'll let him know you're all right, and the situation is handled." he told her. "Odds are he'll stop by here." he said further.

"Or you can call his cell. Whichever." he went on. "Odds are if you pester him enough with a barrage of cell calls, he'll answer, and he can calm down as well." he reasoned.

"Anyway, I'll let you get on that, and... hopefully see you soon." be told her. "Whenever you can leave the Unit." he added, before they ended their conversation and he hung up.

He then turned and looked at Lunet.

"All right." he said.

"Chloe, huh?" he asked, crossing his arms over his chest. "That why you were nonexistent for so long?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 23:46:41 )

Lunet, who had gotten quite comfy on the couch just nodded.

"Yup." she answered.

"Dad commented about how he needed better cyber security, so I approached Leo about making a resource he could use for that, adn then some." She continued.

"Took us months, apparently." She continued. "Didn't realise it was that long, and kinda scared to turn on my phone. It's gonna explode ewith all the notifications."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 23:57:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Cain just sighed and made his way over, sitting down beside her on the couch.

"Probably." he said.

"Good amount from me. And your Dad. Possibly your Mom. Any other friends or whatever." he went on.

"Buuuuut that's what happens when you go dead and unreachable for months on end." he then reasoned in an almost-flippant tone.

"Anyway, you made an actual android, huh?" he asked.

"Gotta admit, that's impressive, even for you."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/26 00:29:25 )

Lunet just chuckled, before stifling a yawn.

"Leo and I put a lot of work and effort into it. I only hope she's as useful as we intended." She commented.

"But... don't ask me any tech questions at the moment about her. Really not sure I can actually answer well." She then admitted. "I'm half dead, I swear."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/26 03:30:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...doing better than me." Cain responded. "I'M fully dead, yet functioning, but was I ever really alive in the first place?" he asked.

"I'm a mess." he said.

"But I'm me." he shrugged.

"Anyway, sleep if you're tired." he told her.

"Hell, collapse right here if y'want." he said further.

"Not like I'LL complain to having you sleeping next to me, or in my lap, or whatever." he chuckled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/26 03:37:04 )

Lunet was silent before repositioning against, and on him a bit.

"Done deal." She said simply, sounding like she was half asleep already.

---

She woke with a cry of pain, curling up on her side as she tried to ignore the pain that was wracking through her skull. She didn't know what it was that she could do about this, and she certainly had no idea what the cause was. The last she recalled was being shocked when she was... plugging her phone in? She wasn't sure, but at the same time, she was basically aware of nothing more than the pain that was making itself far too apparent in her head for the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/26 04:00:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Cain wrapped his arm around her shoulders, and smirked.

"Go ahead and sleep." he told her. "After you wake up, we'll get something to eat." he said further, as she started to get comfortable against him.

---

Not a few seconds after she cried out in pain, Nate came stepping into the room.

"Relax, Dr. Remmington." he said. "I know you're in pain, it's understandable." he continued, before extending a cup of water and a pair of what looked to be gel capsules filled with a yellow fluid.

"Take these." he told her. "Within 40 seconds, they'll take the edge off to the point of being tolerable." he explained.

He was then silent, and said nothing more.

He was sure that all he'd said already hadn't helped her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/26 04:03:23 )

She didn't say anything, didn't move quickly, before taking what he offered her and downing what she was given. Sure enough not even a minute later, she let out a breath of relief as she was able to breathe without the sledgehammer pounding on her skull.

"... the hell happened?" She asked as she carefully sat up, her face and voice betraying how she was still in pain.

"I've never had any sort of pain like this before."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/26 04:25:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, well, that's..." Nate muttered, before thinking about it.

"Actually, I'm not the best person to explain it." he said. "The best ones to do that are in the lab." he admitted, before there was a light knock on the door.

"Mind if I explain it?" Kiah's cousin asked, sticking his head in. "I felt that happen, and I heard it all from Agent Sharp." he went on. "I wanted to stop by and see how Kiah was doing before I left, and it seems like I arrived at just the right time." he added.

"Of course." Nate responded, before looking back at Kiah.

"But before I go, how are you doing?" he asked.

"Aside from the headache." he clarified. "Any other issues of note?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/26 04:31:32 )

"Some fuzziness about what was going on for however long before I guess... I endewd up here?" Kiah asked as an answer.

"Beyond that, I think I'm ok." She added with a nod.

After Nate left, she looked to her cousin before chukling.

"Hey there, Ash." She said.

"Surely you're not here because of me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/26 04:54:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash smirked.

"Here in the medical wing? Yeah." he answered. "Here at the Unit? No." he confirmed.

"I'm actually here because of what put you here in the medical wing in the first place." he then informed her. Before she could ask, he placed his hand into the small shoulder bag he had, and pulled out a special glass jar that had a special rubber on the inside bottom of it, and on the inside of the cap. Inside the jar she saw little hard-shelled beetle that was sparking slightly.

"This thing." he told his cousin.

"Little bugger managed to get into the wiring here and was scared out of its mind. Activated its self-defense mechanism and ended up running its special current throughout everything, separating people's souls from their bodies."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/26 04:56:24 )

"Jesus." Kiah commented.

"No wonder I have a hellish headache." She added.

"You taking it back to where it should be, I'm guessing?" She asked after a few seconds.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/26 05:13:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash nodded in response.

"Yup." he said.

"Takin' this thing back to the Outback." he told her.

"Normally it stays away from cities and such, and out in the wild, what it does isn't so bad, but... yeah, it was under just the optimal conditions to amplify its abilities and such." he went on.

"Must have gotten here on a parcel or whatever. Guess it laid low enough to be skimmed over." he shrugged.

"But yeah, I felt your soul reattach to your body." he then told her.

"Y'gonna be okay?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/26 05:18:31 )

"I.... I think so?" Kiah asked in response.

"I think I will be, just... a bit pained for the moment. Being a Fyrane, I've never felt this before, and it really isn't fun. Geez." She sighed before meeting his gaze.

"... have you?" She asked, her voice curious. "I know with your history, it's possible."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/26 05:38:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash was silent for a moment, before shaking his head.

"Naw." he said.

"Nothing like THAT, anyway." he told her.

"Had some very similar experiences, but... nothing akin to a total separation while still being technically connected." he went on, shrugging slightly and putting the jar away, back into the bag.

"They like it dark. It should calm down now." he said.

"Anyway, just wanted to stop by before I take the little guy home." he told her.

"You're gonna be okay, though?" he asked.

"I'll tell Aunt Rocky and them how you're doing after I deposit the wayward insect back home."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/26 05:54:19 )

"Yeah, I think I'll be ok." Kiah answered.

"I I feel like death on toast because of the headache, but ... I'm reasonably sure the fact that I can actually hold a conversation with you, and sat up myself, proves I'll be all right." She added with a light chuckle.

---

It took a bit, but eventually she was released and able to head down to the lab. She was a bit slower than usual, due to the lingering headache, but at least she made it there without much difficulty. As she made her way in, she noticed that it was pretty quiet.

"Wonder if he's asleep..." She wondered as she made her way through the lab, poking her head into the rooms. She found him writing in a notebook after about ten minutes.

She approached, and just leaned in close. He didn't seem to notice her, so she smirked, before turning her head slightly.

"Boo."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/26 06:13:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"All right, cool." Ash responded.

"Catch ya later then, cuz." he said with a smile, before excusing himself and heading off.

---

"GAH!" Ilias exclaimed as she made her... statement. He literally jumped slightly, which caused his balance to go off-kilter, which in turn caused him to fall off to the side in a bit of a heap, all of the snakes concealed within his hair now out and at attention, hissing and spitting.

However, they, alongside Ilias himself, calmed down almost immediately when they saw who had done it.

"...Kiah?" he muttered, fumbling into a sitting position, and then using the table to get himself to his feet.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/26 06:17:51 )

Kiah just laughed as she took a seat where he'd been sitting previously.

"Hey." She said simply.

"Miss me?" She asked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/26 06:33:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Ilias was silent for a moment, before sighing.

"...yeah." he said.

"I did." he told her. "A lot." he went on.

"We all did." he said further, referring to his snakes, which all calmed down and went back under his hair.

Except for one. One Kiah was very familiar with.

"Especially Helena." he added, as the snake herself got closer, her little forked tongue darting and flicking out rapidly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/26 06:34:48 )

Kiah just laughed as she held a hand out to the snake in question.

"Helena hates everyone. Why the hell does she like me, I wonder." She commented as the snake rested her head on Kiah's hand.

"It's something I've always puzzled over." She admitted.

"Anyway, is there anything I can do while here?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.