Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Beyond Security

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/19 23:44:33 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate shook his head.

"I've heard they're compulsive cleaners." he said.

"...so... I mean, this is something of a sticky situation to navigate around." he lamented.

"I'm sure he'd be a fine janitor or custodian, but... maybe he's not right for the medical wing." he sighed.

"...also, he's really good at looking pathetic and soliciting pity." he went on.

"Already I'm starting to feel sorry for him."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/19 23:51:01 )

"I don't know what I'm going to do. " Angela admitted.

"But if he keeps skulking around and really not able to take orders, then it'd be better if he wasn't working under me." She added.

"Anyway, I need to get this to Ilias." She said as she finished writing down what she was.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 00:16:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah, the cleaning thing is ONE thing." Nate agreed.

"But if he keeps skulking, as you said, then it'll be a matter of not being able to take direction, so this particular diversity outreach attempt may be a failure. At least for him." he sighed.

"Anyway, you go on and get that to Ilias." he told her.

"I'll keep things running here as long as you need me to." he finished.

At that point, one of the staff approached him, and he started to help them, Angela seeing that Nate was more than capable for the moment.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 00:41:36 )

"Good." Angela said before shakign her head and heading off. She had to take the notes down to Ilias.

---

Robyn stirred later, in the dead of the night.

"Nnng... Ow." She muttered as she carefully sat up, finding her shoulder wasn't in good shape. AS she brought her opposite hand up to it, she paused.

"... Right." She said quietly before climbing out of the bed and looking around. She found no one was around, which wasn't surprising. A quick glance at the clock made it quite apparent that it was a dumb hour. Thankfulyl, she knew who she was looking for would be in due to the lock down. She saw the office quickly and easily, before making a beeline for there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 00:58:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

If she had hoped to have an uninterrupted jaunt to the office, her hopes would de dashed as soon as she saw Nate step out from one of the side doors, and look over, seeing her directly.

He paused for a moment, before shutting the door and putting his hand out towards her.

"Not so fast." he said.

"Dr. Edwards is taking this time to catch up on some much-needed rest." he told her. "And I am under strict orders to NOT let anyone bother her for another 4 hours." he said further.

"And YOU need to lay back down and rest." he then went on.

"Your shoulder is NOT in good shape, and being up and about like this will not help it at all." he reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 01:01:10 )

Robyn growled slightly.

"I really don't care." She stated as she went to push past him.

"Seriously, Robyn. Go back to bed. Whatever you have to say surely can wait. Give your shoulder some time ot heal before you break the skin more." Nate responded, his voice kind, patient.

"No. Fae mana was used, and that means that it doesn't agree with my alchemical body. Oh, and Angela deserves to know it was her fucking DAUGHTER that did this to me." Robyn half snapped.

"So get out of my way so I can fill her in. I don't care if she's asleep. If I was in her shoes, I'd want to be woken for this."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 01:23:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Nate was stunned for a moment, before clearing his throat.

"I see." he said.

He then turned and made his way to the door to Angela's office, before knocking on it loud enough that it would wake Angela up if she was asleep.

"Dr. Edwards!" he called in.

"Agent Nester is awake, and she says she has information about your daughter!" he said further, turning back to Robyn.

"...you can fill us BOTH in when she answers the door." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 01:37:45 )

It didn't take long before the door opened, to reveal Angela, looking like she hadn't slept (although, to be fair, she hadn't), was stressed to all ends, and did not want to be disturbed.

However, it wasn't hard to tell that the promise of information regard Olivia was all that got her to open the door.

"What is it?" Angela asked. Robyn just sighed.

"Liv's the one that attacked me." The alchemist answered plainly.

"Excuse me?" Angela asked as she stepped up to the doll, seeming quite a bit like a mama bear.

"Your daughter is the one that attacked me." Robyn repeated, not backing down.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 01:56:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate was silent for a moment, before his eyes popped open.

"...Dr. Edwards." he said.

"I... we did tests on Miss Nester, and... we found foreign mana in her body." he told her.

"...it may very well be fae mana." he said further.

"If it is, then it is strong circumstantial evidence to indicate that she is telling the truth." he went on, before pausing again.

"...and I wonder if this is connected with that bead we found in Agent King's room?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 02:01:38 )

Angela didn't say anything, but it wasn't hard to tell that the strength she had was starting to crack and crumble. Sure, her daughter was alive, but if there was an involvement with the bead, then there was serious trouble, and she was certain she'd probably outright lost her daughter by this point.

"I am going to go tell Sharp." was all she said before heading off. Robyn just watched her go.

".... I knew she wouldn't like hearing that." She commented. "But I swear, it was Olivia that attacked me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 02:24:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate was silent as all this went down, before looking at Robyn and sighing.

"I believe you." he said.

"You're not an easy agent to knock out." he told her.

"...and fae mana IS tricky and powerful." he reasoned further.

"This... this still isn't good, though." he went on.

"That bead... it had elven mana in it. This doesn't look good for Liv..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 02:28:53 )

"I'm kind of easy to break though." Robyn commented, motioning to her shoulder.

---

Angela made her way up to Hal's office and just knocked. When that didn't get a response, she knocked louder.

She kept increasing the strength and force of it ever few seconds, as she didn't get anything from him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 02:56:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"HOLD YOUR HORSES!" she then heard shouted from behind the closed door.

About 20 seconds later, a rather angry-looking Hal opened the door, but sighed when he saw who it was.

"Right." he said.

"I can tell you have information, and odds are it isn't good." he said further.

"Come in." he told her.

When she looked in the office, she saw he was wearing sweatpants and a tee-shirt, and the bed had been pulled out from the sofa in the office. He had been sleeping in his office, as was expected.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 02:59:10 )

"Hal..." Angela started.

"Robyn's saying Liv is the one who attacked her." She told him honestly.

"And then Nate suggested the connection between Liv and the bead, and I can't stop thinking about the possibility of that bitch having my daughter" As she spoke, he could hear two things - sheer unadulterated hatred at the elf in question... and fear. Pure fear.

She was terrified of losing her daughter in any way.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 03:40:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

This was not information Hal wanted to wake up to.

But then again, he had no control over anything at this point, really. He just sighed heavily, and growled slightly.

"Damn it." he cursed.

"Hmmm." he mumbled.

"This is a very delicate situation..." he said. "As long as Liv is useful to Encrae... assuming she has her... then she won't be killed. But the longer she's left under her influence..." he went on, trailing off at the end.

"We need to take care of this attack." he told her.

"And after that... we may need to discuss taking full active action against her, if we can."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 03:45:29 )

Angela was silent, not sure what it was that she could say here. All she did know was that her daughter was missing, her workplace was in dire straits it seemed, and there were patients that shouldn't be able to do anything, going missing.

"Wait..." she started before looking to Hal.

"... Liv wasn't in the building when the lockdown was put into place."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 03:56:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal looked back at her and shook his head.

"No." he replied.

"She... wasn't..." he confirmed, before cluing in.

"Wait." he said.

"Wait, hmmmmm." he mumbled, going to his desk and sitting down.

He seemed to be pondering something, intently.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 04:01:39 )

Angela was silent for a moment, seeing how he was puzzling over things.

"... what's going through your head?" She asked, her voice curious. There was plenty of concern and worry there, but he could tell she was trying to shove that aside for the moment. She had to focus on trying to help those here, so she could get out of there to hunt out her daughter.

The thing is, she'd go solo if she had to. She just had to get out of this lockdown.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 04:23:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...Liv's mana." Hal finally said.

"I mean... she has special permissions to get in and out of this place when the lockdown happens." he told her.

"But she would need to get in here and get out unnoticed. Especially with unconscious people, if she IS to blame." he went on.

"...how?" he wondered.

"And she knocked out Agent Nester." he continued. "Supposedly." he added.

"This raises some questions about your daughter."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 04:28:04 )

Angela just sighed, heavily.

"I know." She stated simply.

"And I really don't want to get into this right now. I'd rather not think about that. I just don't want her to dbe dead, I want her home." She added, her voice cracking a bit.

"I can't handle if that bitch has her. If Liv outlives her usefulness... I just... I can't."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.