Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Beyond Security

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 21:39:20 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Ilias was silent for a moment, before nodding.

"Okay." he responded.

"I'll try. I've been managing so far." he told her.

But now he had several things on his mind... 2 being more notably prominent. The biggest one being that, with Robyn out of commission... what the hell were they to do NOW? All the alchemists in the building were down.

The second one was less pressing, by comparison, but it concerned him. So he spoke up about it.

"Personal?" he asked.

"I hope it's nothing TOO serious..." he commented, trailing off at the end, concern in his tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 23:58:14 )

Angela was silent for a moment before meeting Ilias' gaze.

".... Zeke called me." She started, and he could hear the stress in her words.

"Liv's missing."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/19 00:26:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....what?" Ilias asked, in a barely audible tone.

"M-missing." he stammered.

He couldn't believe what he was hearing. This couldn't be real. Liv, a sweet and innocent child (though not a child anymore), missing.

"...I see." he said.

"I... I'm sorry to hear that." was all he managed to get out.

He had no idea what else to say here. He couldn't believe it. It seemed everything was crashing down around them, and he didn't even want to imagine how stressful this was for Angela.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/19 00:29:27 )

Angela just sighed, heavily.

"Anyway, I'm going to get Robyn down there." She said.

"If you want to see her later, feel free to stop by later. For now, I need to get her there to make sure she's ok."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/19 01:03:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias could only nod in response, and Angela was off with Robyn.

When she was gone, he sat against the wall and stared into the distance.

Erica had disappeared. Liv was missing. The Unit was still under siege, people's souls were being disconnected from their bodies.

He then gritted his teeth, before slamming his fist into the wall beside him in a backswing.

"DAMN IT!" he yelled, tears of frustration streaming down his cheeks.

"Why are we being punished like this!?" he demanded of no-one in particular... and because nobody was around, he received silence as an answer.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/19 01:32:46 )

He arrived to the medwing about ten minutes later. It took him five to compose himself, then he went and washed his face and changed out of the bloodstained clothes.

When he arrived, he was met with even more chaos there, and Angela in the middle of the room barking orders.

"No! I do not care what it is that the protocol is once someone is out of a bed. Do NOT clea--" She started before being cut off.

"It... it's already cleaned." The one she was harping on stated. At which point, the air in the room seemed to get colder.

"Excuse me?" Angela asked.

Y"ou mean to tell me that you cleaned the only evidence we have of someone possibly fucking with the patients in here." She stated. It wasn't a question, she didn't have hte patience for that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/19 01:52:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Ilias was silent for a moment.

He was about to consider saying something, when Angela spoke to the one that had responded.

It was low... it was dark... it was ominous. She told them to get out of her sight, and that she had better not see them again for the rest of the day.

He gulped audibly as the one slunk away quickly, before sighing.

"Great." he muttered.

"Now we have even less to worth with for Erica's disappearance." he said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/19 01:55:39 )

Angela hadn't seemed to notice Ilias yet, before looking to one of the others - Nate.

"Nathan, was ANYTHING collected regarding Ty before the bed and area was cleaned?" She asked, ehr voice exasperated.

"I pray that there was, but I'm not hopeful." She then admitted.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/19 02:17:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate seemed a little jumpy, but that was because an angry Angela was a scary Angela. And when one was scared of the head medic, then they knew that even the slightest thing could push her over the edge.

"I... I..." he stammered, before pausing.

"...wait." he said.

"Wait, there WAS." he realised.

"Hold on!' he exclaimed, before rushing off deeper into the wing. Ilias was silent as he saw this, and then approached Angela.

"I..." he stammered.

"Now Agent King is gone?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/19 02:22:29 )

Angela looked over to where Ilias was when he approached. She looked ready to tear him limb from limb, before pausing as it registered who it was. She sighed, heavily, trying not to go overboard with someone who was innocent in this.

"Yes." She answered.

"And if this isn't sorted soon, then I worry for the others." She added.

"Robyn's over that way." She then said, motioning toward where she'd set the doll lady up. "She's still out though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/19 02:41:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias looked over towards where she gestured, and sighed.

"I'm not surprised." he said.

That was when Nate returned with a tiny glass specimen bottle. And it in looked to be a tiny pearl or bead... that looked to be unnaturally dark.

"This." the medic said to Angela.

"I remember hearing that the room had been cleaned, so I decided to... well... investigate the remnants of what they had disposed of." he told her.

"...sifted through the trash." Ilias translated.

"..........yes." Nate mumbled after a pause.

"I noticed this was there, and carefully extracted it from the garbage, making sure to wear protective gloves and such, and placed it in this bottle." he then told Angela further.

"Agent King obviously doesn't wear or have anything like this, and I don't think any of the staff here wear beaded jewelry, aside from earrings. But this is clearly not an earring." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/19 02:48:28 )

Angela accepted the glass bottle and looked it over, turning it around.

"This..." Angela started before looking to Ilias.

"Is it just me, or is there mana in this?" She asked as she held it out to him. She knew that he could feel mana, just like she could. However, he could do it better, nowhere near a Fyrane's level though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/19 03:08:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias looked closer at the item, before taking it in his hand.

"....hmmm." he mumbled, concentrating.

"It's not just you." he said.

"There IS mana in this." he told her. "Strong mana, too." he added.

"I have no idea WHAT it is, but I know it's mana." he went on.

"You think it's connected?" Nate asked.

"Most assuredly." Ilias replied.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/19 03:12:55 )

Angela just sighed as he handed it back.

"Nathan, you deal with this mess. I'm going to go let Hal know his best friend is missing." There was weight to her words, but she knew she'd have to do it, it was her wing, after all.

"I'll be back. Just... don't lose your head. Oh, and don't let that little shit back into the wing today. No matter what's going on." She added, knowing he'd know exactly who she was talking about.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/19 03:38:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate snapped to attention and gave her a salute.

"Yes, Ma'am!" he responded.

To anyone else, that would have been seen as sarcasm. But not to her. She knew that when Nate did that, it meant that he was taking things seriously, and that she could trust him.

It was just a quirk of his.

Ilias was silent, before sighing.

"I'm going to speak with Alicja." he told them.

"...assuming she has time."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/19 03:44:25 )

"Thank you, Nate." Angela said with a sigh before looking to Ilias.

"I think she's in the break room for the moment, tkaing a breather. With the two gona missing, it's been... hectic." She added after a moment.

"Go bug her." Was the last thing she said before heading off, running a hand through her hair as she walked before tying it back with the ribbon she had around her wrist.

She made her way up to Hal's office door, ignored the receptionist and just knocked, loud.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/19 04:06:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The receptionist tried to get her to stop, tried to tell her to wait, and Angela argued back... just as the door opened, revealing Hal.

"It's all right." he said.

"Doctor Edwards has special permissions during the lockdown to speak to me at any time, no matter what." he told his receptionist.

"I left a note for you on that." he finished, before looking at Angela.

"Come in." he said, stepping out of the way.

"This sounds urgent."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/19 04:09:28 )

Angela made her way in, the door was closed, and she looked to Hal.

"First off..." She started, pausing for a moment before hodling out the small glass bottle.

"This bead has mana that neither Ilias nor I know. If you can track down any sort of information pertaining to it, that'd be absolutely fantastic." She told him honestly.

"Secondly, Erica went missing this morning, as you're aware. Ty is now, too." He could tell taht she didn't want to tell him this though, as she knew how close he was to the regenerator.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/19 04:30:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent, and she could tell he was angry right now.

"....I see." he responded.

"And you don't know the base of this mana?" he asked.

She nodded.

"And you want to know?" he asked further.

Again, she nodded.

"Well, there's a direct way to do that." he told her, his eyes narrowed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/19 04:35:21 )

Angela didn't bat an eye. Hal knew, quite well, that she hated taking advantage of his skillset like this, but also realised that she was probably as close to desperate as one could get to be.

"I wish to know the source of the mana." She stated simply, concisely. She didn't know if he could grant that, since she was quite aware of how there were limitations to what he could do, but there was a good hcance she could get the answer from him.

".... And I wish to know where Liv is." She added, hoping he wouldn't chew her out for taking advantage of him like that.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.