Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Beyond Security

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 08:04:39 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Same." Ilias replied.

"It's like... this mana is comprised of other manas." he said further.

"...is that possible?" he asked.

"And if so, this is an attack from multiple people, willing or not." he said further.

"But this means the solution to this will be far less simple than we thought." he then sighed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 08:10:00 )

Aedan wasn't listening to him, seemed to be thinking about something.

"I swear I have read something about reactions like that, before." She muttered, trying to wrack her brain. She was certain she had, but knew that it wouldn't be easy to go through all the texts she had, especially since she was locked there, whil it was all at home. She paused a few seconds later before looking to Ilias.

"Firstly, sorry. Did you say something?" She asked.

"Secondly... I might have an idea for some research help."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 08:26:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias was silent for a moment.

"Mostly just wildly postulating and hypothesising." he told her.

"Just... wondering about multiple mana being involved and... yeah." he muttered further.

"Anyway, you might have an idea?" he asked.

"That's already a step forward." he reasoned.

"What is it?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 12:27:09 )

"I don't have my fathers journals here, obviously." Aedan started. "However, Kiah might have a few in her office, as she often does." She paused a moment.

"Unless she took them home for studying purposes.... regardless." She said with a shake of her head.

"Cain and Aedan, as far as I know, aren't here." She told him honestly.

"They have access to the journals. I swear I read something in them about the whole colour and mana and whatnot." She paused as she dug her phone out of her pocket.

":So I'll get them to try and do some hunting through them for us." As she spoke, she was typing up a text to send to both of them.

Yo, I'm sending this to both of you - Cain and Az - because I don't think I really have the time not to. Whatever, anyway, point is, there's been an interesting chemical regarction, that has mana involved... therefore alchemical. I'm attaching a short clip to this so you can see exactly what it is. I swear I've read something about that in my Father's journals. Take a look for me, will you? It's important, regarding the lock down. The only mana we know of, is electric. She typed before looking to Ilias.

"Let's get a recording of that reaction." She said. He nodded, she recordewd it, and sent the text, knowing it would take a little bit to send.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 21:35:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Once she sent the file to Azazel and Cain, Ilias looked back at the reaction that was still happening... though it didn't seem to be getting any stronger or weaker. It seemed like it was in a constant, continuous state of happening.

"Hmmm." he mumbled.

"Fascinating." he said to himself.

"Also, I must be getting a bit frazzled." he then said further. "It did not occur to me that we could unitise Cain and/or Azazel, with Cain's knowledge and Azazel's resources... it should help greatly." he reasoned.

"For now, we should continue observing this, and see if we can get any other notable reactions." he told her.

"Hopefully one that can directly lead us to finding a way to alleviate the mana within those afflicted."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 22:25:57 )

"That'd be nice, but I have no idea, to be honest." Aedan told him honestly.

"All we can do, is try, and hope." She added with a shake of her head.

"But, with any luck..... there will be something in those jounrals that can help."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 22:53:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Here's hoping." Ilias replied, as Aedan's cell chimed.

It was a message from Cain.

Dad and I both got the clip, we'll be researching that and telling you as soon as we find something. it read.

With that, Aedan and Ilias were off to work, with renewed vigor and determination. However, Ilias's only lasted for another 3 hours or so, before Aedan noticed that he was starting to get VERY sluggish.

His writing was getting sloppy, his was hanging his head a little, and she noticed that he was legit starting to nod off once of twice.

He was gorgon-spawn, yes, but he was still a living being. And he needed sleep. Badly, at this point.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 23:10:53 )

Aedan just sighed as she made he way over to him.

"I know we have some Order Sand in storage in here." She started, a slight smirk to her voice.

"It has zero effect on me, so there's nothing stopping me from forcing you to sleep if you don't go to bed." She told him simply, in a warning tone.

"Ilias, go to bed."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 23:49:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias' eyes popped open for a moment, and he whirled around to face her.

"You wouldn't!" he exclaimed, before there was a moment of silent.

"...you would." he muttered.

He then sighed heavily, shaking his head.

"Fine, fine..." he said. "I'll go take a nap." he told her.

"But I don't want to sleep for TOO long." he insisted. "This needs to get done, ASAP." he stressed.

"So I'll go lay down and sleep for 4 or 5 hours."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 23:51:08 )

Aedan just crossed her arms beneath her breasts.

"Make it 6 or 7 and I won't sand you." She threatened with a snicker.

"I know where you and Kiah keep it, too." She added. "And it's easy to nick the key."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 00:49:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias was silent again, before narrowing his eyes.

"Fine." he said. "Six." he told her. "I will be gone for 6 hours." he said further.

"6 and a half." Aedan responded. "I'm giving you a half-hour to actually FALL asleep, so you can get 6 actual hours of sleep." she reasoned.

"UGH, fine." Ilias groaned.

"..." he was then silent again, before shaking his head.

"You really are a woman that gets what she wants, the way she wants it." he commented.

"...is it really that obvious, though...?" he then asked. "About my being tired." he clarified, completely unaware that his snakes were now slightly showing from beneath his head, as they'd all flopped down to sleep, save for one, which was a rotational lookout.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 01:12:09 )

Aedan nodded.

"Yep." She answered onestly before motioning to his companions.

"Your snakes are tired as hell." She then said. "So yeah. It's a case of it's obvious." She paused a moment before sighing.

"So get out of here. I'll keep working. Sleep ain't something I need, after all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 01:42:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias just sighed again.

"Fiiiiiine." he mumbled, before leaving.

Sure enough, he'd gotten 6 hours of sleep, as he said he would, before waking up to his alarm. He checked his phone, and saw that he had a message from Azazel.

Hey, we found some information for you guys, but Aedan's not answering her phone. She said she was going to concentrate on some experiments, though, and odds are she missed our calls and texts. Just let her know that we have info and get her to call back. it read.

He then saw it was about 2 hours old.

Sorry, was forced to get some sleep. I'll tell her. he replied, before getting dressed and making his way back to the lab.

"Aedan!?" he called in as he stepped through the glass door.

"Hey! You still busy!?" he called further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 01:55:10 )

When Ilias called out, he heard nothing but silence. Well, that wasn't entirely accurate, he could hear something crackling, popping. He couldn't identify what it was that he could hear, but it wasn't something he liked.

As he made his way to where he'd left Aedan, he heard it getting louder, probably because he was getting closer. As he stepped into the room proper, though, he saw Aedan on the floor a few feet away with some burns on her hand. It wasn't hard to tell that it was whatever had gotten to the rest.

There was a notepad near her hand though, as it looked like she'd been holding it whenever whatever happened, happened.

Ilias,

I have a suspicion as to what could be the extra element to the mana. I was speaking with Alicja while you were asleep, and she told me that Ebony's cgone. She doesn't know what's going on, but that got me thinking.

It's something that can obviously play with a souls connection to the body, or something of the sort. I can't say specifically.

If you find this and I'm outta the game, then that's because I'm right. It IS something that fucks with a soul. Probably elven in nature, but I can't say for certain.

-Reveka

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 02:26:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As he finished reading the note, he let it drop to the floor from sheer shock and horror. He could only stare at Aedan's body for a few seconds, before violently shaking his head and then slapping his cheeks to get him back to reality.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit!" he cursed, rushing over towards her.

"Damn it, damn it." he growled, hefting Aedan's body onto his back, and grabbing the notepad.

He then trudged his way to the medical wing... where he noticed that things seemed to be in a bit of an uproar... which would be understating it.

"What the hell...?" he muttered, looking around.

"What is going ON here...?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 02:36:27 )

"Ilias?" The black haired lady that he knew worked there, that Aedan had said that she'd spoken to, addressed him with surprise in her voice before she noticed Aedan.

"Angela's a bit busy." She added. "Same as the others?" She then asked as she started to lead him off to where he could lay her down, where the others were.

"As far as I know, yeah. Here." Ilias answered as he laid Aedan down where he was prompted to. Once that was done, he handed the note to her.

"Alicja, I think she did this herself." He added as she accepted and read the note.

"..... This is... well, I don't know what anyone can do with this information, but... maybe someone should get ahold of someone else of Kiahs' line." She suggested.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 03:00:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Her line is the only one I know of that has any sort of dealings with souls." Ilias responded.

"So it's all I can do." he sighed.

"..." he was then silent, looking around.

"What's going on here?" he asked.

"There seems to be a bit of a panic happening." he commented.

"...is it something to do with the catatonia?" he asked her. "Have people taken a turn for the worse?" he asked further, before pausing.

"........what about Kiah?" he then inquired, concern in his tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 03:09:21 )

Alicja just sighed, heavily.

"Kiah is ... well... as she was." She told him honestly. "There has been no change with her, or any others." She paused here a moment.

"However...one of the others have gone missing. They've vanished and are just gone."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 03:29:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Ilias was silent for a moment, his brain processing this.

"Vanished." he said. "As in... they're gone. Missing. Nobody saw them leave or get up or anything." he said further.

"Yes." she responded. "That is what I am saying." she told him.

"...I..." Ilias stammered.

"Just when it seems like things can't get much worse." he muttered.

"This... I mean... but..." he stammered further, before shaking his head.

"This is chaos."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 03:32:51 )

"It is." Alicja agreed with a sigh.

"I have no idea what to make of it all." She then said "Adn I think Angela's at the end of her rope."

"Who? As in... who went missing?" Ilias asked after a few seconds, once his brain was able to properly process what it was that he'd been told.

"Erica Windsor." was Alicja's answer.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.