Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Beyond Security

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 03:55:38 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias' mouth was agape for a moment.

"...E-Erica?" he stuttered.

"Yes." Alicja responded.

"....oh no..." Ilias mumbled. "That's... that's... oh no..." he said quietly.

"How... who...?" he started to ask, before gritting his teeth.

"Damn it all." he hissed.

"As if poor Erica didn't have it rough already."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 04:02:53 )

Alicja just sighed.

"On a completelky different topic... Did Aedan's test work or fail, I wonder." She added.

"All I know, is that she was talking with me, as I suffered the same thing, but came out all right afterward, due to... well, Ebony."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 04:24:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...I... well...." Ilias stammered.

"I... don't know." he admitted.

"I just... I went to see her, saw her there, read the note, and brought her right here." he told her.

"I... should probably go back and check to see what else she wrote down." he continued, pausing for a moment.

"Or... check more of the notebook." he then realised.

He looked at the notebook, before flipping back some pages, to see if they gave any clues.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 04:35:54 )

As Ilias flipped through, he saw a lot of notes. Some were older, a lot older, but there was a good amount from the past few hours, all of it alchemically based. It would likely take Ilias some time to work through it all, as well. Some of it was complex alchemical equations, and others were filled with more text than he could easily jot down.

One thing that was frequently coming up though, that he saw, was the mention of 'souls' and their connection to the physical form. The odd bit was that it was worded in a complex manner, but there was something in the margins as well.

I think the mana is dislodging the soul. I don't know how, or what is doing it exactly, but I need to test this. I can't die easily, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 04:56:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...Alicja..." Ilias mumbled.

"There's mana doing this." he said.

"The shocks are just a conveyance." he went on.

"If... this is to be believed, then Aedan used herself as a test subject, to see if mana was dislodging the soul." he continued.

"And... her note said that if I found her in the state I did, she was right." he went on.

"This... is a far more elegant and complex attack than we first thought, or could have ever imagined."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 05:06:03 )

Alicja nodded.

"Yeah, she said about as much to me last night." She told him honestly.

"I was shocked by the toaster oven in one of the break rooms. Or more specifically, Ebony was." She added before sighing.

"I'm not sure how she found out about that, admittedly. Nate may have mentioned something, I'm not sure." She added. "However, I do know that she found out and came to inquire about it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 05:37:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...according to this, though... Ebony is still there." Ilias then said.

"Just... disconnected from the body." he went on.

"With others, it means they're effectively in comas, because when the body and soul are disconnected like this, they just... well... 'fall asleep', essentially." he continued, but then paused.

"...what does that mean for Aedan...?" he wondered, before shaking his head.

"Anyway, but because of your unique circumstances, you just regained control over your body when Ebony was... disconnected." he went on.

"If we find a way to disrupt the mana... then maybe we can 'wake up' everyone." he said further.

"...but that's a task that I don't think anyone here is equipped to do." he lamented. "Not without the information that... Cain and Azazel have..." he then said, trailing off at the end.

"I need to contact them ASAP and let them know what's happened, and what's happening."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 05:43:20 )

Alicja was silent for a moment.

"Well, everyone is physically awake. Just..." She paused a moment, wondering how to explain it.

"There is a difference between being catatonic and comatose." She added. "However, I won't get into the nitty gritty. I'm not sure if you actually care at the moment."

"Do you want me to call one or the other, or are you ok with it?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 06:08:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias paused for a moment, thinking about it.

"You're pretty close to Azazel, and you know alchemical stuff more than I do." he told her. "I know you're not an alchemist yourself, but... well, yeah, maybe it'd be best if you had them explain to you." he admitted.

"...that or Gemini." he realised.

"Where IS she, anyway?" he asked.

"Haven't seen much of her lately, I think she was doing her own thing to try and find a solution for this." he mumbled.

"Anyway, you or Gem." he shrugged.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 06:16:34 )

Alicja paused a moment.

"I can call, being a medic. It'd be more expected, I suppose." She commented before pausing.

"As for Gem... I have no idea where she is." She admitted after a few seconds.

"I know she was hanging out with Ty for awhile, but I haven't seen her for awhile, either." She paused. "Come to think of it, that's weird. "

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 06:36:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....hm." Ilias mumbled.

"It really is." he said.

"I... maybe I should look for her." he said further. "Or call her." he went on.

"Try and get ahold of her and at least share this information." he reasoned.

"Of those still here... and still unaffected by this... she's probably the one to go to now for alchemical stuff." he continued.

"She's second only to Aedan, I believe."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 06:40:48 )

"She and Kiah are like.. head to head for that." Alicja agreed.

"I'm not sure where you fit on that, admittedly." She added. "But I also know that her son is a brilliant alchemist, but I don't think he officially works here."

"Regardless, I'm not sure where she is. If you want to hunt her out, I'll call Azazel and let him know what's going on with Aedan."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 07:00:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias nodded in response.

"Yeah, her and Kiah are pretty much equals on that." he agreed.

"And I am NOT a good alchemist." he stressed. "I've been told I'm a brilliant chemist... by Kiah, herself, and Aedan, too... but when it comes to actually getting into the elegant mixing of mana into it? Naw. I can't do that." he told her. "So as far as an alchemist goes, I'm entry level. I can do VERY simple shit, but that's it." he said further.

"Regardless, enough of my prattling on. I need to find Robyn." he finished.

With that, they parted ways, and he left the medical wing, in search of Gemini. He figured the first stop would be the dorm she was staying in temporarily... but he actually didn't get that far.

He turned down a corridor to get to there, but stopped in his tracks when he saw the woman he was looking for... collapsed in a heap on the floor.

"...no!" he exclaimed, racing over.

'No, no, no, not Robyn now, TOO!' he panickily pleaded internally, as he reached the downed agent and started to check her over.

"Gemini? Robyn?" he addressed her, trying his best to keep his composure.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 07:12:53 )

He was met with silence, but as he moved her he saw something that was rather alarming. Two somethings, really.

He could see that the shoulder of her top was practically gone, and her shoulder was cracked, with plenty of blood.

However, as he moved her, there was a wince.

She seemed to be unconscious for the moment, but at the very least, that was enough to give the impression of it probably not being the same thing that was spreading around.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 07:32:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh no..." Ilias whispered, a mixture of panic and relief swelling up within him.

He then looked around, before taking his cell phone out and calling the medical wing.

"Help!" he said to the one that answered, giving his location.

"Agent Gemini is down. She's injured and bleeding." he went on.

"Send someone quickly." he added.

He then looked at Robyn, and bit his lip.

"Hang in there, Robyn..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 07:44:59 )

There was silence before he was told that someone would be on their way momentarily, before collecting any information that they could get - namely what happened, or at least what he knew.

He was still explaining it when he heard footsteps approaching. Upon looking up, he saw Angela - who looked stressed to high hell - approaching with a travel medkit hanging off her shoulder.

"Oh geez..." she muttered as she saw the blood on the floor, on her, and on him.

"You can tell them I'm here. Want to give me any sort of information that you can relay?" She asked as she crouched down and started to tend to the bleeding shoulder.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 08:03:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias looked over towards Angela, before telling the one on the phone that they were there. He finished what he was saying, and hung up, before looking back to Angela and sighing heavily.

"Well, I was looking for her." he said.

"Wanted to discuss Agent Callamachi's notes." he went on.

"And... well, I turned the corner and saw her laying in a heap on the floor." he said further. "I raced over and called to her, but she was silent. When I was close enough and checked her over, she was dead silent, and the shoulder of her top was missing... with her actual shoulder cracked badly, and bleeding..." he mumbled.

"When I moved her, she winced slightly. So she's unconscious, but it doesn't seem to be from what's running rampant in the Unit currently." he then added.

"...for whatever that may be worth."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 08:08:58 )

Angela was silent as Ilias said what he did.

"If nothing else, this could be from nothing more than a scrap." She commented.

"And in that case, she'll most likely be fine - sore though. " She assured him. "However, I am, of course, going to want to take her to the medwing, if only just to make sure she'll be fine."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 08:27:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias nodded in response.

"All right." he replied.

"...do you want me to help carry her to the medical wing?" he asked. "I'm not medically trained or anything, but I promise I'll be as careful as I can possibly be with her." he went on.

"...also, sorry..." he apologised.

"I can tell you're... stressed... to massively understate it." he commented.

"And this probably isn't helping." he sighed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 11:53:53 )

Angela just sighed.

"Yeah. I am. There's... been a few things to deal with." She answered honestly.

"Personal stuff included." She added as she got to her feet, lifting Robyn in her arms as she did so.

"And no. Thanks, but I got it." She continued before sighing, again.

"Take care of yourself, hey?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.