Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Beyond Security

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 05:55:14 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi just groaned slightly as he opened the door and turned on the lights to the area.

"Ah, right. HIM." he muttered.

"That has been a nightmare and a half, let me tell you." he said further, before looking around slightly.

"...obviously I'm very wary about using the computers here." he mumbled. "But I'll grab a notebook and pen and such, and record what you have to say." he then assured her, as they made their way to a table and sat down on opposite sides of it.

"Information, huh?" he asked.

"Please tell me it's something we can use." he said in an almost pleading tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 05:59:22 )

Erica was silent for a moment before passing the folder over, along with the thumb drive.

"Notes are in the book in there." She said. "And the thumbdrive for if you happen to have a laptop or something wireless to check it. It has the recorded footage from the questioning." She told him honestly.

"As for something useful..." She paused a moment, smirking.

"Let's just say the fact that I'm here talking to you is a bit of an amazing thing. I'm fucking dead tired."

"Oh, and he's a legit sandman, so to speak. Just gone rogue."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 06:25:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi raised an eyebrow when she said that.

"...ohhhhhhh dear." he mumbled, sifting through the notes in the book.

"Holy crap." he said.

"....hm." he muttered.

"If that's the case, then we can probably spin it that he's a expert chemist and utilised drugs and the power of suggestion to commit the crimes..." he said to himself, giving Erica a brief glimpse into why he was so valuable in the media relations department, and how he'd risen in the ranks as quickly as he did.

"And we'll need to contact the Order on this." he went on.

"...though they may already know." he added, scratching his head. "Might have just been waiting for us to get this info and such..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 06:29:58 )

"Very possible, and even probable." Erica agreed with a nod before chuckling.

"You're brighter than I thought you would be at first." She admitted.

"And I hope you overtake the bitch that still stands above you. She and I really don't get along." She added with a sigh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 06:50:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi just sighed in response.

"Well, when I'm surrounded by people that understand me, and can help me... I guess my real intelligence and full mental capacity shines through." he said.

"...and that'd be nice." he mumbled.

"She REALLY isn't comfortable with me." he said further.

"She thinks I'm just an extension of THEM." he muttered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 06:52:02 )

Erica just sighed lightly.

"Can you really blame her?" She asked.

"I'm sure everyone in here had that idea after that... well... after you really did end up such for a bit." She continued. "I don't think you can blame the initial thought of that. Now, what you can blame and hold against her, is her inability to actually grow up and move past it, of course."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 07:16:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"That's what I mean." Levi replied.

"Yeah, some of my coworkers are still a bit uncomfortable around me, but I can understand that. They at least know... I'm ME. I'm a person." he said further.

"SHE just thinks I'm nothing more than some manifestation of THEM." he sighed.

"The only reason I got promoted as I did was... well, okay, I know my work is good, and people said I deserve it." he admitted.

"But SHE only promoted me because she knew there'd be a damn rebellion if she didn't."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 07:17:44 )

Erica was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Have you gone above her?" She asked, not sure i there was another in the department above the one that they were complaining about.

"Or if you can't... have you gone to Sharp?" She asked.

"He should know about this."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 07:39:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi shook his head.

"I... well, I don't want to make waves." he mumbled.

"It's not like she's hostile or aggressive or anything towards me..." he started to reason, before Erica just leveled a look at him.

"...all right, I'll tell Agent Sharp." he relented.

"AFTER all this." he stressed.

"The last thing he needs right now is a staff complaint about other staff." he reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 07:43:02 )

Erica nodded.

"That much is true." She agreed.

"I'll hold you to it, by the way." She added.

"First day that we have freedom again." She continued before pausing.

"Alyssa here with you?" She asked after a few seconds. "Or did she end up lucky and locked out of here?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 08:00:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, he sighed.

"She's here." he told her.

"We're sharing one of the dorms, temporarily. She's sleeping right now." he went on.

"I'm... well, I'm here to man the fort until I'm relieved." he shrugged.

"But sadly, Aly IS here." he lamented.

"I wish she wasn't. Then she wouldn't be trapped here, under all this stress." he reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 08:03:28 )

"Honestly... I'm more worried about you and stress than her." Erica admited.

"But, at least you aren't alone." She added.

"And hey, I'm here too. If you get bored, track me down. You know that ... I'm easy to contact by you." She added with a shrug. It was true, her arm seemed to be a connection, any of those with infernal or celestial - or overall diety - aspects could find and contact her stupidly easily.

And that included Levi, because of the boost to his own presence and mana, from them.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 08:26:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He just smiled in response.

"Heh, thanks." he said.

"I'll keep that in mind." he told her.

"But really, just being able to sleep and take breaks from people is helping my stress a lot." he said further.

"So... for now? I'm good." he went on.

"THEY seem to be backing off as well." he then commented, thinking about it.

"Guess they don't want such a good conduit being unnecessarily taxed." he shrugged.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 12:55:58 )

"Good." Erica said. "The last thing you need is THAT stress added on." As she spoke, she got to her feet.

"Anyway, I'm going to get out of your hair. Keep yourself sane, hey?" She asked with a light chuckle

"If you need me, or just want to check in or whatever, you know how to get ahold of me. Oh, and don't lose the thumb drive, will ya? That's... let's not deal with that mess." After he'd agreed with keeping track of the thumb drive and said his farewells, Erica headed off, making her way down to the dorm she had claimed as her own for the time she was there.

She walked in, kicked her shoes off and just sat down on the couch. She was there for all of ten minutes before getting to her feet and heading off to the bathroom. She needed a shower, first.

After making sure she had everything, she stepped in and flicked the light switch for the bathroom.

The lights didn't come on. Instead, they shorted out, and Erica hit the floor.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 21:28:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Some time later, Levi came to the door to the dorm that Erica had told him she'd been staying in.

"She's not answering her cell phone." he muttered. "...and nobody's seen her for a bit..." he mumbled further. "Not even the interrogation department." he went on, before knocking on the door.

"Erica!?" he called in, but to no answer.

"...Erica, you in!?" he called further, to again... no answer.

He then tried calling her again... only to hear her cell phone chime on the other side of the door, loud and clear. This... caused a little bit of panic to stir inside of him. He knocked on the door once again, but no answer, repeatedly.

Levi then took this as a very bad sign, and called Hal with this. Hal agreed that this was concerning, and was soon there with an emergency universal keycard for all the doors. He unlocked it, and stepped inside.

"Erica? You here?" he called lightly, looking around.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 00:12:02 )

As he looked around, he saw Erica's cell on the couch, obviously where she'd left it, along with some dishes that she'd used for a snack of some sort. She, however, wasn't easily findable.

The dorm was silent, though. It wasn't hard to tell that someone had been there, but also that possible there was no one there.

If no one was there though, then where was she? It looked like Erica hadn't been there for at least a day or two.

Upon looking closer, the only door that wasn't open, was the bathroom door. There was no light from below the door, and it was completely silent behind it, though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 00:39:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Hal was silent, before walking over towards the door.

He stepped up to it and knocked.

"Erica?" he said.

"Are you all right?" he asked.

He received no answer, and sighed.

"Erica, my apologies, but in regards for your safety and concern for your wellbeing, I'm coming in!" he declared, as he turned the handle and pushed it open.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 00:51:30 )

When Hal tried the door, he found some resistance. As he pushed through though, the resistance gave way. As the door opened, he found Erica on the floor, the resistance having been her foot/leg.

She was unconscious, and at first glance easily perceived as dead.

Well, at least until he was able to watch her take in a breath. It was a short breath, but at least she was breathing, that was the main thing.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 01:14:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Good heavens!" Hal exclaimed, as he rushed to her and checked her over.

When he ascertained that she was, in fact, still alive, and looked towards Levi.

"Levi!" he yelled.

"If you're staying here, stay here! I'm taking Erica to the medical wing!" he told him.

Then, before Levi could answer, Hal and Erica were gone in a burst of mana, appearing in the receiving section of the medical wing lobby.

He then cleared his throat loudly, so someone would come to see what was happening.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 01:26:32 )

He was met with silence before someone with long black hair approached. Wasn't who he was initially looking for, but she was still a very qualitfied medic there.

".... Erica's down now too?" She asked as she saw the figure on the bed that Hal had laid her on.

"Do you have any sort of information?" She then asked

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.