Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 21:01:41 )
@0v7: Yes, I've had to put a few on 30-day blocking a couple of times just to stay sane. A couple people have unfriended me... just ... ugh. Now that I think about it, it has been reminding me a whole lot of Gaia (the last time I signed in there was years ago, though)

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 21:03:47 )
"The future must know where you've been."

@Wildfire: The environment on Facebook can be super toxic - at one point, my Facebook feed reminded me of recolor.me and so I avoided it. This was back in high school, though, where all my classmates were like... pretty -phobic, all the time. Thankfully, I did a spring cleaning of my Facebook and now I'm only seeing updates from like, a friend of a friend who is cool , plus sometimes my siblings lol

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 21:10:00 )
@0v7: I actually started a brand new account that would be "clean" and "selective" without losing all the history or connections I have on the other one but it's just impossible to avoid the craziness these days

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 21:16:45 )
Also, the changes that facebook recently implemented are not helping - I'm seeing things that I don't necessarily mind seeing, but wouldn't be my first choice, apparently can't choose to see "most recent" instead of "most popular" any more, and other things like this... and I don't even want to be there long enough to sort through the settings - lol.

So, I'll stay here, talk to you lovely people and try to save what's left of my sanity - lol!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 21:17:19 )

@Wildfire: I'd make a new one, but honestly, I don't want to bother. I don't trust Facebook itself, hence why I'd delete it if I could.

Also, same, Voltra is so much better than Facebook honestly! I'm glad I joined again :3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 21:25:18 )
@0v7: That's definitely part of it too. I don't trust anything about that site. I may just freeze and delete that account and keep the new one to a bare minimum after all, but I can't even bear being on it that long these days. Anyway, enough of that. Thanks for listening to me gripe.

Yes, being here is a much nicer way to have some social interaction without the drama. I'm so thankful for that right now! <3

So how are you going to have your salmon for dinner tonight? - what are you making with it?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 21:26:06 )

@Wildfire: I'm thinking of digging through the freezer to find the ground turkey my grandpa said we had via text. I'm so tired of salmon lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 21:29:30 )
@0v7: LOL! If you could find it, what would you do with it?

I'm trying to decide what to cook tonight - or even whether to cook tonight

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 21:31:46 )

@Wildfire: It isn't in our deep freezer, and I don't THINK it's in the normal freezer... I'd probably cook up tacos, or well, tostadas.
What're your options for cooking?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 21:36:00 )
@0v7: I could do a ground beef & cabbage stir fry thing - it's quick and easy and it has been a little while since I've done it. Or I could do something with the chicken thighs, or with the leftover shredded pork...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 21:38:21 )
What can I do with the leftover pork? That is probably the best option, since there's probably enough to get through dinner, and if there's not, there's other leftovers in the fridge that people can scavenge for. -thinks-

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 21:44:02 )

@Wildfire: Hmm, maybe you could do that! I'd eat the heck out of that, honestly. I love stir fries >w>
As for pork, I use pork to make tamales, so I can't give you many options haha

Also brb, I heard a loud sound in my living room ??

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 21:45:26 )

Seems like my cat decided to knock something over with his butt. e_e

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 21:49:37 )
@0v7: Yeah, I think I'm going to use the pork. It'll be easy enough to make some pinto beans and warm up the pork with lime & cilantro. I'll make some rice too, cut up some lettuce, tomatoes, etc., and let them decide what else to add - tortilla, or stick everything in a bowl, or whatever.

The cabbage and ground meat thing is really, really easy and it's tasty! Would you like me to try finding the recipe for you?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 21:50:43 )

@Wildfire: Omg I'm so jealous of your dinners >w> I always have simple stuff since I only cook for myself usually :0
Also, yes please!! I love cabbage :0

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 22:05:10 )
@0v7: Awwww, thank you. I would probably cook more the way you do if it was just me, but what I'm doing tonight is really easy. I literally just put some beans in the instant pot with a can of rotelle tomatoes for a little flavor since I don't have jalapenos or anything hanging around right now... the pork is cooked - warming it up won't be an issue. Rice is super easy to make - and I'll keep it plain for simplicity's sake (although doing more with it wouldn't take much). Otherwise, it's chopping up a couple of things. It's a good use of leftovers and it will fill my boys' bellies with minimal work for me :3

Ok, let me see if I can find that recipe - there are several variations of it running around.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 22:08:33 )

@Wildfire: I really need to make a list of fruits/veggies to get for the next week !! I already have a good amount of herbs since I froze what I got from the garden this year... I need ground turkey for sure, maybe lettuce.. hmm.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 22:15:04 )
@0v7:

Here, this recipe is close to the version I usually make - I don't usually use bacon and I have used white or rice vinegar just to give it some "zing". I've also used ground beef or pork.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 22:21:50 )

@Wildfire: That looks so good! I might add rice vinegar like you suggested, and maybe some other various spices I have laying around >w>

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 22:24:57 )
@0v7: Yes! It'll take it well. You could also add carrots -in small bites or shredded- or broccoli or ... a lot of things. Here's another recipe that maybe you'll like too, if you're looking for cabbage, quick, easy, and versatile. We ate something like this fairly often when I was a kid. It was good. :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.