Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 13:51:16 )
@Another Movie Addict: group dynamics are half of it, I think. I was in a group once that was basically fractured down the middle by strong personalities and perspectives. It didn't last long.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 13:52:04 )
"The future must know where you've been."

@Wildfire: I found a service that I'm considering - I've actually used it before, although, it was for a different thing entirely. I'm trying to calculate how much bandwidth I need for month based on how much this game uses per second.... to compare to the bandwidth allocation for this service per month. ^u^;;

My favorite monster is probably vampires?? I think? I'm not sure if mad scientists count lol

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 13:52:46 )
This is exactly

I can imagine. We all have pretty strong personalities, but we're respectful to each other.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 13:56:58 )
@0v7: So you just named vampires and mad scientists - I would count these as "classic" Halloween type monsters, but apparently you don't. What do you consider to be classic monsters, then.

That sounds like far too much math for me right now. Good luck with that

@Another Movie Addict: Respect was not high on their lists

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 13:58:21 )

@Wildfire: Are they classic monsters? I think of Frankenstein and like, mummies covered in paper as classic zombies lol
This math is certainly making my head spin.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 13:58:44 )
This is exactly

Well that sucks, it ruins the game.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 14:02:50 )
Well, I would consider them to be classic monsters, but also the mummy and frankenstein's monster, etc.

Yes, it definitely made things less fun than they could have been. There are reasons that group didn't last long.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 14:08:24 )
@0v7: I'd consider these the more modern monsters: Jason, Freddie Krueger, Chucky, Gremlins, etc., so I guess for me "classic" and "modern" monsters are defined by their time-frame, somewhere around the 80s onward/back??

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 14:09:20 )

@Wildfire: Ohhh!! That makes more sense - I've been thinking about the past 30 years haha
Also, I figured out all my math stuff. @u@

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 14:29:39 )
@0v7: LOL! I was just confused by your choices because our perspectives were apparently so different! So the monsters from the last 30 years or so are -how did you describe them?- boring?

Congrats getting the math figured out :3

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 14:33:18 )

@Wildfire: Most are stripped down monsters, honestly - I like having depth to my characters! I think really modern interpretations of monsters are cool, ones that make them human I guess? They aren't necessarily boring, they're just plain - which can be good for some people!

My math was basically turning gigabytes per month to megabytes per second @_@

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 14:44:58 )
@0v7: I understand completely. It's partly why I don't usually like the modern-genre of "horror" films - they're just gore and no depth.

LOL - better you than me with the math - especially at this time of the morning. I'm glad you got it worked out though

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 14:49:02 )

@Wildfire: I prefer ambient horror honestly - blood n guts is gross and boring, in my opinion. I like surreal-type horror stuff too!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 14:52:33 )
@0v7: It sounds like we're pretty much on the same page. It's still a genre I don't tend to watch a lot of, though.

I'm tired. Time seems to be doing strange things today - it seems both earlier and later than it really is. It's weird.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 14:55:34 )

@Wildfire: I'm kinda sleepy today too - but I've also been up since 5am my time.... >w>;;;

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 15:22:39 )
@0v7: Oh, those kinds of days are not much fun.
I think the weather is affecting me - it's overcast and rainy, making for a good "stay in PJs and read a book or watch movies" type of day

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 15:23:39 )

@Wildfire: I haven't checked the weather today. Or looked outside, actually. It's definitely daylight now.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 15:26:44 )
@0v7: LOL. Yes, it's daylight across the US right now. :3 It's weird having that transition from dark to morning when you wake up super early sometimes.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 15:28:45 )

@Wildfire: I'm not used to getting up this early - my stomach was rumbling so I had to get up and try to eat. I will most definitely end up taking a nap later lol

In other news, I closed the sort of shared art shop I had with Boris on DV (with his permission ofc) because I feel weird and anxious about the art community there.

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 15:48:12 )
@0v7: If you were feeling that way, it's good that you closed it! But now you have me curious- what's so different about the community there that had you feeling weird and anxious?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.