Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 18:07:55 )

Today, I hope to be up to getting my ps4!
      Finally got the monies I neeeeeeeed!
      Now I'm itching to go to the store. XD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 18:13:52 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Oh congrats! Do you think you're going to actually go get it today? What is the first game you're going to play?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 18:27:35 )

@Wildfire: I don't know. lol
      Depends on if I can find out if it's in stock online.
      Though I could convince my grandfather to go to Walmart anyway...
      I need body wash and face wash, and we need dish soap... So even if I can't find a solid answer online, I'll just be able to check in store. XD

And the first game I wanna see about getting for it is Uncharted 4!
      I should have enough money left to go to GameStop and get a preowned one for $10

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 18:33:07 )
@Anarchist Beauty: I knew I forgot something at the grocery store!! -grumbles- I hope we have another bottle of dishsoap around here because I'm not going out again any time soon... Thanks for the reminder - lol!!

It sounds like you might just be getting the PS4 today!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 18:44:26 )

@Wildfire: XD I'm here to help. lol

Aaahhhh, I just bought it online.
      Fuuuuuck it. lol
      Should be here Tuesday though!!!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 18:48:53 )
@Anarchist Beauty: LOL! <3 maybe I'll send one of the kids to get some dishsoap if I can't find another bottle of the stuff running around here.
Yay for PS4 and not having to go out to get it (even if it's arrival won't be today)! Tuesday is not a bad turn around for order and delivery!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 18:54:29 )

@Wildfire: Yes, send someone else to do it. lol
      Management potential. XD

For sure! I was like 'well, it'll take a week or more' then I looked and it was like 'FREE SHIPPING get it by Tues, Oct 6'
      WAHOO! Hell yeah! Get it QUICK and FREE?!?!?! SIGN ME UP!
      But the sad news is, i checked the gamestop website for Uncharted 4, and they have several pre-owned ones in stock at my store, but it's not $10 anymore.
      It's $18! And that's totally rude.
      I'm still gonna get it, but I'm gonna bitch about it a whole lot. lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 19:05:32 )
@Anarchist Beauty: management... and kids with drivers licenses!
LOL - that's nearly double for the game. Are they running low on stock or mis-priced it to begin with, maybe?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 19:12:30 )

@Wildfire: Yeah, the second I got my license/turned 21 I was designated the family gopher. lmao
      Though I conned the system. I would never go anywhere unless there was something in it for me.
      Because 99% of the time they were sending me to get them more beer.
      So I was like "cool, what's in it for me?"
      And that's how I usually got my 6-packs of Smirnoff's. lol
      Back when I could drink, anyway. lol

And it might just be asshole pandemic prices. >:O

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 19:24:39 )
@Anarchist Beauty: LOL - yeah, my boys usually do the "fiiinnnne... If I go, can I get a sandwich/other food?" route, but although they are driving, they are too young to drink (not that we drink a whole lot around here anyway)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 19:25:46 )
Were you 21 when you got your license, then?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 19:51:38 )

@Wildfire: My family is a bunch of alcoholics. It's why I'm glad I can't drink anymore.
      I no longer run the risk of becoming one myself. lol
      But yeah, always gotta get a lil payment out of being the gopher.
      Can't be letting people take advantage of ya. xD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 20:01:47 )
@Anarchist Beauty: My family is riddled with that particular disposition as well. It's one reason why we don't usually drink a whole lot around here (hubby and I will have an occasional glass or two of wine with dinner or a beer or two once in a while, but that's about it - the potential repercussions are just far too great). Why can't you drink any more, if you don't mind my asking?

Yes, being the gopher should have a little reward, but sometimes it's as simple as having an opportunity to drive...

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 20:07:24 )
"The future must know where you've been."

I just got back from grocery shopping - I got fast food as planned and couldn't finish half of it, since my new medication's side effect is apparently decreased appetite.

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 20:09:50 )
@0v7: Welcome back... and oof?! Maybe you'll adjust to the medication soon and your appetite will return back to normal?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 20:11:55 )

@Wildfire: It's not necessarily a bad thing for decreased appetite - I'm on the heavier side because of my old medication, so maybe I'll lose weight...?
I'm hoping to hang out with my best friend soon - and it's good timing too, because the caffeine overload's wearing off :D

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 20:14:40 )
@0v7: There is that! :3 So maybe you'll bounce back to "normal"? And yay for hanging out with a best friend! I should do some of that too, actually, but it won't happen today

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 20:16:32 )

@Wildfire: I have developed weeny disease. lol
      No I'm kidding, I guess I developed an alcohol intolerance?
      Now even a little bit of alcohol makes me sick.
      And I mean, like even two sips of a Smirnoff Ice, which has a grand total of like 5% alcohol.
      Makes my stomach go "OH HELL NAW" and I feel like puking.
      So I'm almost three years dry and sober. ^-^

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 20:23:39 )

@Wildfire: I've no idea what my normal is - I've been taking the same (old) medication since I was 15. I think this will be good for my health though, it seems my new med doesn't have increased blood sugar / weight gain / chest pain / etc !!!

My best friend's been working a lot so he hasn't had spare time to hang out - so he made some time for me today ;;w;;

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 20:40:50 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Ahhh... well, as you suggest, it's probably for the best overall. It still kinda sucks, though, and I'm sorry to hear it.

@0v7: Yeah, I understand that, actually. Maybe you can find your "normal" :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.