Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/2 14:51:55 )
@Totalanimefan:

Good for her to step up and say "no" and ignore him. It sounds like the usual bluster from this "personality", and to-be-expected threats in a last-ditch effort to bring her back in to compliance in his little mentally unbalanced world. I seriously doubt he'll do anything like filing paperwork on the "stolen" dog - it's just the last thing he has available to try holding over her head (i.e. it's probably just a threat, unless he's truly that obsessed and controlling). If he does file paperwork (assuming that's even possible), like you said, it's her dog too and he's proven himself abusive, so the animal would be in danger under his care, should anything ever get that far. Also, him taking that kind of action would only shine the spotlight on himself... which is not something these 'types' want. They work better in the shadows. That said, she might want to file restraining orders, etc., and be more pro-active about her safety (and the dog's) if this move isn't enough to keep her from his grasp because he's that crazy. I'm so glad she has the dog!!

Regardless of his past actions and current threats, she has escaped. Keep in the back of your mind that she likely has PTSD and other traumas to heal from with this experience with this guy, and please make sure she stays far, far away from him (and others like him) forever.

I'm sorry your weekend plans washed out - that's a lot of rain :3 We had some rain here too, but not enough to start refilling the retention ponds, which are quite low ATM. That'll change with more rain, as is usual for the rainy season. I'm just glad the ground could absorb what came down instead of running off and making a mess of things. My garden certainly looks happier after the rain :3

I did not hear about the tornado, but knew they were possible with that line of storms that came through. I hope it wasn't completely horrible for the people in its path.

Donator — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/2 16:29:38 )

@Wildfire:
Yeah I totally agree with everything that you said. When my sister showed me the screenshots I was like whatever bro. Cause people like that don't like to have a paper trail and don't normally actually do the work, they just like to have power over others. I wonder if or how she would file one of those. I've never done it before, and I wonder if she would want to. My husband is a little bit worried about it but I said remember all the times we files a police report for when our car got broken into and they didn't do a single thing? It will be like that. And she has proof that she is taking care of him. Cause she has gone to and paid for every vet appointment, every grooming. He never did a thing. Never ever took him to the park.
And since having PTSD myself I do understand how it could give her PTSD. I do think that she has it over him. Whenever my husband seems kinda quietly upset at something my sister tries to over compensate instead of just letting his feelings be his feelings. I hope the next guy is a winner.

Yeah so much rain! But we really needed it, since it didn't rain this winter we were in a moderate drought of a few inches. This helped us. I think it's also supposed to rain tomorrow. What kind of things do you have growing in your garden this season?
Oh and by the way, they made it here last night. The cat is adjusting lol

Voltie Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/5 17:57:02 )
@Totalanimefan: I have never had to file that kind of paperwork either but you could always call a lawyer or a women's center to get information at least :3 Hopefully it won't come to that. It sounds like your sister (understandably) has a lot of "unlearning" and decompressing to do after that experience with the ex. I'm really glad she made it to your place, though, and has a space in which to start the process. :3

I've been... busy ... and just generally offline lately, doing other things (as, it seems, are a lot of other people lately)...

Donator — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/5 18:28:48 )

@Wildfire: Thanks. I do think it would get it that, but it's good to know just in case. He hasn't tried to call her or message her over the internet at all since the thing last week. I think she is already doing better. I booked her a facial and she went today. She had a nice time. :)

I've been on here when work is slow but I haven't been on it much else.

Voltie Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/6 13:27:03 )
@Totalanimefan: Well, best of luck to her... and to you guys as you all transition through this. :3 It's good she had someplace to go <3

Yeah, I keep getting wrapped up in other things iRL lately and haven't wanted or really been able to just sit down and chat lately. I wonder where everyone else has gone?

Donator — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/7 19:49:25 )

@Wildfire: That's ok. I've been very busy in rl too this week with the new dog and everything. He's been more than a handful. We think he has to go to the vet because he's so nervous during walks that he won't even take a treat. We have been taking him to the dog park daily, and playing with at home. But it's just never enough for him and he hurt my sister today when he ran inside before she said it was ok (cause he was nervous).

Voltie Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/8 14:11:32 )
@Totalanimefan: I'd be surprised if the dog wasn't a nervous wreck, actually - that's a big move the poor puppy just went through, and knowing the reason for the move, pup's background was pretty traumatic too (they are quite sensitive to their environments). I would definitely take it easy with Pup and stimuli, and be conscious to transition him to more normal activities and environments over time. It's probably worth it to talk to a vet about anxiety meds and training opportunities for a dog with his background and nervous demeanor. It sounds like this dog is going to need a lot of love, patience, and consistent training... at least for a while, until he feels more secure, maybe grows up a bit (assuming he's still young) and settles down. I'm sorry to hear that your sister got hurt because Pup ran inside before she was ready, but it means that Pup at least feels safe and secure in the house - it was probably overstimulated from your adventures out. Is he a high-energy dog/puppy?

I bet you've been busy with all the recent changes going on iRL for you! I hope it's going well, other than doggie shenanigans! XD

Donator — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/9 03:06:24 )

@Wildfire: He's an Aussie. We got him a happy hoodie for walks and it helps a little bit. My sister had a Telehealth appt with the vet. He's getting more long term meds. I think he starts them tomorrow. They also recommended a trainer but obvs they were too expensive and my sister doesn't have a job right now.

Ill I've been doing is taking care of the dog and the house while not working. This weekend we did do an Embassy Tour as they were open in DC last weekend and the EU countries will be opening up this weekend.

Donator Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/9 13:26:07 )
-waves-
Good morning.

Voltie Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/10 12:21:22 )
@Totalanimefan: so he's highly energetic and wants to herd by instinct and breeding, right? I've never had one of that breed before but understand they can be a handful if their instincts and breeding are not "channeled" properly. It's going to take some time for all of you, I think. But maybe you could find some specific ideas online to help with him?

How's everything else going?

An Embassy tour sounds interesting - I've never done one of them.

Got any plans for this weekend?

Voltie Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/10 12:21:47 )
@Koah: Hey you - good morning! How the heck have ya been??

Donator — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/10 15:37:18 )

@Wildfire: Yeah that's exactly the kind of dog he is. I looked up some tricks online and they help a little bit. But it's getting harder and harder to take him for a walk or the dog park. He hides every time even though he really likes the dog park.

As for me I feel like my life is just work and Teddy. I am watching my NBA in the playoffs! I'm a big Miami Heat fan and have been for a long time. This weekend is the EU Embassy's so I'm going to go to their open houses. It's kinda unreal when you think about it.

Donator Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/10 22:50:16 )
@Wildfire: im doing okay. Lol. Same old, same old. Just keepin stupidly busy with work and kids. My downtime has turned into reading stupid fantasies and hangin out with kiddos.
The last two ... No, three weekends, i took the kids out to do new things. The weather is finally warmed up. The snow melted rapidly, to the point of flooding in some areas. It's nice to get out of the valleys.
Some family drama happened, but that's over for now. The niece is stirring the pot again.
Three more weeks and I'll head to Oregon and be home for roughly a month or so. :/

How's life going for you? How's that summer weather? Lol

Voltie Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/10 23:03:01 )
@Totalanimefan: it sounds like you need to redirect him somehow... he needs the stimulation, but not of the kind that he has been getting. Training sessions, maybe? Teach him to do frisbee tricks? Play to his bred instincts if you can... and keep in mind his trauma - he needs to heal and feel safe too. (like you need another job, huh? XD ) Good luck, though. <3 You've all had some major changes in recent times - I'm not surprised that you feel like that's all that's going on. That will change with time and patience. And hey - at least you're getting out, right?

Voltie Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/10 23:09:49 )
@Koah: Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about the drama with your niece! I hope it hasn't been anything too major. At least you're getting downtime now too - there's nothing wrong with reading and hanging out with the kids! :3 I'm glad you're getting out and enjoying some better weather with the kiddos! <3 Yeah, the weather has been warm here but the humidity hasn't kicked in yet, so it's really nice outside still. Definitely beach weather in central FL! XD <3 I've been too busy/distracted with a gazillion things (it seems) to really take advantage of it though. I really should, while it lasts! I am thinking of making the drive up there to see my Cowboy soon. I've been preoccupied with other, more immediate, things to finalize the dates and plans though. It'll be a 3 day drive, minimum (driving 10hrs+/day). I'll let you know if/when I make it, but right now it's sounding like you're going to be in Oregon :(

Donator — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/12 21:36:35 )

@Wildfire: Yeah we have been good about not yelling at him but it's hard sometimes. Inside we play fetch and do tricks together and he has like 10 toys lol
I don't know if we said but one of the days this week we couldn't get him to go to the park, he was too afraid and kept running inside. The other days he doesn't like the walk to the park but does love the park. He goes to the dog park daily.
He's also on drugs now lol

How have you been?

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/05/16 14:24:34 )
@Totalanimefan: sorry for the delayed reply - I was out of town with no internet access. But I'm back now. :3

I hope things with the pup and your sister are going well! Did you do anything fun this weekend?

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/05/17 13:28:04 )
Good morning.

I woke up to really weird, really stupid dreams. It has been a while since I've had dreams so vivid and bizarre... *shakes it off*
ANYWAY, how are you guys doing today? Got anything fun planned, or maybe something interesting scheduled, for the day?

A friend is trying to organize a kayaking trip for tomorrow (I think). I need to re-read the texts/emails again, and if so, dig out the kayaks. She's proposing going down one of the rivers that runs through a state park here. It's fresh water, so that means the river has alligators. I'm not sure I'm particularly keen on that idea, tbh...

Donator — She/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/05/17 16:39:11 )

@Wildfire: That's ok I wasn't really around cause I hosted my sister's friends (that I also know) and they were here from Sunday until today.
They both work with pets so they brought a ton of toys for the dog and my cat and also things to help him be calmer. He has a calming collar on and a new harness. Both have helped but he still doesn't want to leave the apartment. It makes him less worried while on the walk. My sister leaves for Ireland tomorrow so I hope he will be good for me. lol
We went out to eat all of the nights they were here and then we would come back and play Mexican Train (dominoes game)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/05/17 21:54:59 )
@Totalanimefan: it sounds like you're doing about as much as you can to help the poor Pup adjust! <3 I hope it works and he settles down soon. :3

Ireland? That's fun! I'm a bit jealous, tbh, but I hope your sister has a wonderful time.

... and how are you doing? It seems like you had fun hosting! :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.