Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie — she/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/14 17:15:31 )
@Wildfire: it sounds like it'll be fun especially as you're meeting friends there!

i'm doing okay! had a quiet day at home.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/14 18:17:40 )
@Whimsy: Yes, it should be a lot of goofy fun, actually. I'm looking forward to it ... and I kinda need it. It has been a while :3

A quiet day at home! I hope it was restful and recuperative for you! We all need a day or two like that once in a while too :3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/14 19:11:15 )

@Wildfire: Ohh a concert! That sounds fun! (*´ ˘ `*)
Yeah it is my creative day and so far I think I'm back at it now with the colouring and made some good progress. I'm in a little break now, not sure if I still want to continue or not.

You have your own studio? I'm quote jealous but I hope one day I'll have on my own.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/14 19:33:04 )
@Purpsy: the concert should definitely be fun. :3 I'm looking forward to it.

Do you dedicate one day a week to creating? I'm glad you're making progress on your piece (and that you're happy with it)!

LOL... my studio is my eat-in kitchen. It's not very big, and I'm constantly having to "uncover it" from all the stuff that seems to land there /eyeroll/ but it's big enough to hold a full-sized easel and a table, and a small shelving unit... and it has great natural light in the morning, so that's a bonus. :3 Now if only I can keep it organized and accessible...

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/14 22:39:06 )

@Wildfire: Yes, but I still got other things to do... *looks at the bathroom that needs to be clean with dread*
Plus I'm like halfway done with my weekly chores but err that's it.

Ah, mine is literally my daybed... It can be a bit cramped with my large laptop and with my tablet but is comfortable enough.
Natural lit room are just the best to work with especially doing traditional art so is worth the mess? xD

Voltie — she/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/15 06:14:02 )
@Wildfire: that's great that you're having a social, fun day when you need it.

i'll meet friends this weekend too, i'm looking forward to that.

roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/15 12:16:46 )
@Purpsy: Halfway done with your weekly chores isn't bad, all things considered! Good luck getting the second half completed :3
LOL - yeah, my studio is a big bigger than a daybed! ... but it's kind of necessary if you're doing traditional art. If I'm doing digital art of any kind, my studio is my desk and the cords for my tablet, earphones, laptop, etc., keep getting intertwined XD

@Whimsy: Yes! It has been a while since I've seen my friends. It was really good to see them, and the show was awesome. I'm glad to hear that you're getting out with friends this weekend too - are you planning to do anything particular, or just hang out? Regardless, I hope you have a lot of fun! :3 <3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/15 12:25:34 )
Good morning everyone!

I am semi-sleep deprived (about 4 hrs) and semi-hyped for some reason, but the concert last night was really great. My feet are still a bit sore this morning, from all the standing last night (it was a small, open-air, standing-only venue) but what a small price to pay for a fantastic concert and being only 50 feet or so from the stage!

My hubby, friends and I went to see the "They Might Be Giants" last night and the band did 2 sets, including the entirety of what's probably their most popular album ("Flood" from 1990), some newer stuff and 3 encores --- and they were obviously actually playing instead of pretending to play or just playing along with their recorded stuff and they sounded better in person than they do on their records! They obviously have a lot of fun with what they're doing... and I always love to see that! Anyway, they're worth seeing, if you at all like their music.

But right now... coffee.... <-- it's necessary :3 XD

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/15 15:46:55 )

@Wildfire: Pftt yeah those wires are annoying to untangle... But I have a ton on my bed because I have a power bar attached to one of it's err... daybed railing? I have no clue what it's called =w=

Sounds like a fun concert even if I'm not familiar with the band :3 I hope your feet feels better soon though, did you try any ointment or something to ease the soreness? I however had very crappy sleep last night... everyone here stayed up late and I awoke a few times because of it. Manage to get back to sleep around 6 x.x So I need my freakin coffee too *starts boiling some hot water*

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/15 18:24:13 )
@Purpsy: ....awww... it sounds like your day was off to a rough start. I'm sorry - I hope things have improved since your post!

How's your day going?

I got my son to the airport and I've just been loafing, pretty much, since getting back. I'm just sleep deprived enough that I don't really feel like taking on any real serious tasks...

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/16 12:59:24 )

@Wildfire: Well it's not full eight hours of sleep but I had some decent amount of sleep and woke up too early this morning.
I'm doing okay, I just spent a good hour laying down and scrolling on my phone and then wrote on my journal after.
Now I'm up but still need to brew some and have the last piece of banana bread my dad baked for breakfast.

Awe, I hope you get some good decent amount of sleep soon x.x
Where is your son heading off to? If you don't mind me asking.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/16 14:00:19 )
@Purpsy: ................ good morning. Ugh. I slept pretty well last night, should have had enough sleep (at least 7 hrs), have already had a cup of coffee...... and I'm still feeling a bit groggy. @_@

It sounds like you're having a good and relaxing morning. <3 Got anything planned for the day? ... you're still rather snowed-in, aren't you? Did you get more snow recently? It seems everyone is getting more snow, still, and I'm starting to lose track of who's gotten or who's getting what! I'm beginning to think most of the continent is buried under at least six feet of snow at this point...

My older son is in Texas. He's visiting with a couple friends and checking out a Con.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/16 14:34:17 )

@Wildfire: We're getting a bit of snow here but nothing too crazy :3
The weather has been mild lately and I haven't been notified about any upcoming winter storms so... maybe spring finally landed here

Are you finally waking up now? I just finished my coffee although I didn't really need it in the first place rofl. I'm just addicted.
Ah I see, well a lot is opening up again, at least since last year or so. Still got covid quarantine in my head =w=

Ermm... honestly I do have to properly unclog our kitchen sink, and by that clean the pipes with some baking soda and vinegar. Is a freaking design flaw this apt seems to have. The pipes just gets easily clog with gunk and food residue in which I have often use a plunger to get rid of. After that not sure, I'll just draw and if I feel like it I'll go out a bit later and touch some grass.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/16 14:56:17 )
@Wildfire: i didnt reply to our last convo 4 days ago.
I have friends like that too. I totally get it.
My bestie here, is like that. She totally poops me out with her lack of planning and always being late.
So i feel your pain.

Good morning. Im home today, helping with the daycare.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/16 15:49:49 )
@Purpsy: Oh, I hope Spring has finally sprung for you! Good luck with that!

Yes, I'm finally feeling more awake... 2 cups of coffee later. I am definitely addicted - I'll get headaches if I don't have at least a cup of coffee a day. But, unless I'm thoroughly sleep deprived and absolutely must do something in the evening, I limit my caffeine to 2 cups in the morning. I should try to roll it back to one cup a day though...

Things have been open here for a long time, fortunately, but I think the world is still reeling a bit from that covid fiasco... but yeah, it's nice to see regular activities and life coming back.

...ewww... clogged pipes and stuff is not much fun. I sincerely wish you the best of luck with that! :3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/16 15:54:32 )
@Koah: lol... don't worry about the late reply - it happens, and I know you've been busy iRL!

Yeah... I can't stand that kind of chaos. If I make plans to do something with somebody at a specific time, then that's what I plan on, and I don't like waiting 3 hours for it to actually happen. It's a waste of my time, energy, and frankly, I find it inconsiderate and disrespectful. Now, that said, I'm not a complete crazy person with that stuff - obviously, things happen sometimes to screw up the original plan, and I'm actually pretty laid back with most things, most of the time, but to be that late and chaotic all the time...?? It grates. Some times more than others.

Back at the daycare, huh? How's mom doing? How are you faring with the toddlers and the snow and everything??

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/16 18:13:04 )
@Wildfire: my bestie here is pregnant, so im eager to see how her chaos increases as she becomes a mother. XD
To get her to be anywhere on-time, i tell her to show up about two hours earlier than the actual time we need to meet. D; but i do enjoy hangin out with her. She's a silly goose.

Daycare today, then work tomorrow and my Baby's birthday. Yet another couple busy days ahead.
Hopefully i can have another potato weekend. Cx

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/16 18:39:04 )
@Koah: ... first time mother? Watching her go through that adjustment should keep you entertained for a while! XD <3

... and NO WAY is it really your little one's birthday already!!!!! ........... already?! ..... for real? OMG time is just zooming by! Ugh.

Yeah, I love this particular friend to death, but omg she has a tendency to make things more complicated than they need to be...

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/16 19:14:03 )

@Wildfire: Yep, most of the adult population are addicted to caffeine can even argue with teens as well.
I'm the same ratio with my coffee but I really have it mostly 1 cup a day. I have tea now as extra back up rofl

I haven't done much with the clogging and just honestly took an hour early afternoon nap xDD
It was a lot mixed up here. There were a period when stores are open but were strict and try to limit who can enter then they took off that rule for a few months, then reapplied it again. Is due because is a lot colder here and people get sick often once fall hits. But now it finally feels like things are going back to normal here.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/16 20:01:10 )
@Purpsy: Yes, the coffee (or caffeine, anyway - in whatever form people take it) is definitely a common addiction! When you think about how over-worked, stressed, and chaotic most of us are, it's really no surprise...

LOL - to me, there's nothing quite like coffee first thing in the morning. If I want tea, it'll be later morning (if I'm up early enough) or early afternoon (if I need that boost to get me through the night) and it's usually a partially-caffeinated tea like a green tea ... or a herbal tea at night (no caffeine). It's a nice option :3

................ nap. Yeah... I feel like I could nap right now too, actually, but if I do, I won't sleep tonight........

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.