Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 19:16:14 )
@sunny: thank you. I do - especially since I was banging my head against this last night and I am making progress today, but it's such a pretty day outside and there are so many other things that I "should" be doing.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 19:22:14 )

@Wildfire: ah I know that feeling. I find it helps to just power through it and keep your mind on the task at hand :)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 19:26:44 )
@sunny: Yup, exactly. Especially since I just really don't feel like doing physical things right now (I'm tired), so I guess it works out ok. Still, it's a pretty day and it's comfortable-ish out there, and I feel like I should be taking advantage of that - or at least enjoying it. Maybe later, though. :3

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 20:00:38 )
"The future must know where you've been."

Well, cooking ground turkey was certainly interesting. I've no idea how to... spice it??? I made a broccoli ground turkey stir fry with cashews, and I can't figure out how to season turkey. I'm used to chicken and beef. >_>

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 20:03:35 )
This is exactly

I despise working with ground turkey. Especially if you're going to brown it.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 20:06:11 )
@0v7: you can treat it pretty much like chicken in terms of spices, although for some odd reason, it takes cinnamon and some of those "earthier" spices really well. Rosemary, thyme... I'm trying to think what else I usually use with it and am drawing a blank. You can always just look at recipes for turkey just to see the spices they use.

@Another Movie Addict: Shhhh... he's trying to expand his dietary options!! :P
What don't you like about dealing with turkey, AMA?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 20:10:15 )

@Wildfire: Hmm, that's good to know!! I hadn't cooked ground turkey before so it was certainly.... interesting. Is it supposed to smell weird???

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 20:11:36 )
This is exactly

@0v7: Yes, and be kind of wet looking. Filling the pan with it's juice.

what you think it is.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 20:12:04 )

@Another Movie Addict: Oh good, I was worried I somehow got bad turkey >w>

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 20:12:58 )
This is exactly

I don't mind eating ground turkey, I just don't like cooking it myself. It's kind of a pain.

what you think it is.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 20:14:10 )

@Another Movie Addict: Honestly, I haven't even tried what I made because it's intimidating. I can't remember the last time I get ground turkey, and I've never prepared it myself.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 20:15:13 )
This is exactly

My mom has been trying to get us eat healthier the best that she can.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 20:18:23 )
Yes, that sounds normal - the juices and the smell is a little different than cooking chicken or other things. One trick is to keep the ground turkey in bigger clumps as you cook it and not move it around too much, otherwise it can dry out. It cooks pretty quickly, actually (especially if you can't leave it alone (like me) and end up with smaller pieces cooking in the pan)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 20:18:47 )
Sage! It likes sage too, in terms of spices.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 20:19:30 )

@Wildfire: aren't most days nice there? Like really warm? You will have plenty of time to make the most of it lol!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 20:26:57 )
@sunny: Yes, most days here are pretty warm. Today it's actually "cool" (about 85*F/30*C and low humidity, which makes ALL the difference!), which is partly why it feels so nice and why it seems like I should be taking better advantage of the weather!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 20:30:19 )

Ok, the stirfry isn't that bad actually. I added a bit of brown sugar and more sesame oil... the texture of ground turkey is throwing me off severely tho lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 20:30:56 )

@Wildfire: o I see. Maybe go for a nice walk? I am used to miserable weather, 30 degrees C sounds like the peak of summer xD

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 20:36:37 )
@0v7: LOL! <3 You can always turn it into a taco/burrito thing. Or one of my favorite things is to mix it with greens (sauteed, massaged, or raw) + nuts/seeds + some pieces of roasted root vegetables. It sounds like a weird combination but it's really good and really satisfying!

@sunny: Yes, this is the land of perpetual summer :3 but believe me - this is cool and comfortable compared to the dead of (Florida) summer! It's really the lack of humidity that makes the difference here.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 20:40:35 )

@Wildfire: ...This stuff's actually hurting my mouth. I think something I used in it went bad. >_>;;
It would explain why it tastes off.

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.