Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/20 15:03:55 )
@Purpsy: Unfortunately, not really - the garage needs to be reorganized so that I can do some crafting things like this out there, but it's not there atm, and it's going to be a project in and of itself ....... something I am not taking on today! /dead/ I am brainstorming other ideas right now to do what I need to do. I might be able to do this under the canopy on the lanai, despite the weather... /shrug/

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/20 15:20:06 )

◦✹ @wildfire: I'm curious now what this crafting is all about now if you don't mind me asking ♡(´。・ω・。`)

Well I decided to draw a bit on my laptop so sorry if I don't reply right away~ ✹◦

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/20 15:37:00 )
@Purpsy: lol - a friend roped me in to doing a farmers' market / craft fair with her, but it's tomorrow. I only had about 10 days to get anything together - which is the "rush". Fortunately/unfortunately (?) the stuff I tend to do tends to be a little more involved than some crafts/crafters... and my schedule -and, apparently the weather- isn't cooperating with me. I have some bare wood that I need to treat/seal/paint...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/20 15:58:36 )

◦✹ @Wildfire: uhhh sorry I'm still a bit lost x.x
A farmer's market/ craft fair? I believe this is the first time I've heard of this :o

All I keep picturing is like some farming event on who grows the largest pumpkin or something (꒪ω꒪υ) ✹◦

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/20 16:40:28 )
@Wildfire: yeah, older kids are definitely old enough to help. They have their chores.. which they dutifully forget to do now that I'm busy with baby. =3=
I rope in my roommate for heavy lifting and annoying tasks. My husband for repairs and errands.
But cleaning and organizing fall on my shoulders.
We're getting into planting season now. The cold nights are getting warmer.
I'm probably going to start my garden this weekend. Just potted stuff, I don't have time to make the raised bed like I wanted to do. My roommate wants to make a garden though, so there's a good chance I can rope him into it. hehehe.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/20 16:53:35 )
@Purpsy: lol XD ... no... not that. It's a bunch of independent vendors selling their crafts or their produce/products to whomever comes through and is looking to buy stuff. It's just a venue and an opportunity to sell stuff, really. The appeal is that it happens 1x/month and there are a number of vendors in one spot, so there's variety for the folks who come by.

@Koah: ...maybe it's time to rope in some additional, temporary help just to get things taken care of and then, hopefully, you'll be able to keep up with it all? But I feel ya - it sounds like a familiar scenario...

LOL! <3 I hope your roommate helps with the garden! :3 What kinds of things are you planning to plant?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/20 17:03:29 )

◦✹ @Wildfire: Ooh that sounds fun!
I hope you finish everything on time though ✹◦

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/20 17:30:05 )
@Wildfire: I'm hoping to try squash again, they died last year- midsummer. So attempt #2
Definitely going to grow peppers, those work super well here.
mmm, strawberries died last year pretty early because of the heat.
So, I guess I'll do peppers, carrots, and squash for now.
squash = garden space though and I don't have one ready for them. <.<

Baby caught the cold/flu virus in my house. :c So far I'm the only one not sick, ... and my upstairs renter isn't either.
My daughter was the first sick and she's 90% better now. Slight cough when she laughs.

My mom offered to pay for a housekeeper, but I got a quote last week and it's too high for the little jobs I wanted to be done. :c They gave me a quote, I agreed on it. I mentioned it might be a one time deal and they put another 50$ on the quote because of a 'one time fee'. /stupid.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/20 17:42:43 )
@Purpsy: I won't. Thanks for the support, though. I figured that I'd try to get a couple things together to put out but it's just not turning out that way. I need to find a quicker, more time-efficient way to be creative for this than what I'm doing. :/ I told her that I'd sit with her tomorrow if nothing else, and right now, it's looking like that's what I'll be doing... which is fine, even if it's a little disappointing in some ways. :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/20 17:43:07 )
@Koah: Ahhh yes... squash, pumpkins...they do tend to take over!! You could always just plant them and let them ramble wherever they're going to ramble...? Or put them on a trellis and make them go vertical...? LOL. I'm waiting to see what's going to happen to my squash things and the pumpkin that seems to have taken on new life in the last couple of weeks. Carrots! Will radishes or turnips grow where you are right now too? Sweet potato (or regular potato) might be an idea for you too because they're super simple... but they ramble too. I like your plan, though - carrots, squash and pepper. It's a pretty good combination!

Awww... I'm sorry to hear that baby got sick... but it's ... errrrrhhh... good for his immune system?? :/

Oh jeeze - I hate it when there are "extra fees" attached to things for no apparent reason. Is the money (especially since your mom offered to pick up the tab) worth your state of mind for a one-time "get it fixed" thing?

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/20 22:41:04 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: easier to look online so we aren't wasting gas, and money on trips of places
where the place is too expensive and so on.
tho i would just like a place where it has nice flooring and cats are allowed.
and the place overall looks nice. like with good windows.

he is applying to shop for others at a market. kind of like pickup where people order online and he just
picks the groceries for them.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/21 11:01:30 )
@MoodyB: well, yeah, at least some of the house hunting needs to happen online - otherwise, you're right - it's a lot of running around, wasted gas, etc. It initially sounded like you saw this place in person, though... or at least it did to me.

Ahhh... yeah... I see folks doing that around here too... basically you're just a driver for grocery delivery. I've also seen folks wandering the aisles inside the store, picking up things from lists (doing the actual shopping) and then, presumably, delivering to their customers :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/21 11:02:34 )

good morning. It's early. It's time for caffeine.

I probably won't be around much today -at least not this morning- but I hope everyone has a great Saturday! :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/21 11:39:16 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: nah. but pictures were very high quality. the place was so nice.
it even allowed cats and both rooms were a very good size.
but alas it's way out of our budget.
it even had cherry blossom bushes. so very pretty.

yeah that's essentially what he'll do. more so picking things off shelves following a list. if he gets it of course. I'm hoping. land lady supposed to come over Wednesday to inspect the mold situation so we're less than thrilled lol

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/21 17:25:24 )
@Wildfire: Baby was pretty sick yesterday and last night. oof.
I'm pretty sure it is the flu. my stomach has been turning the last 3 days while everyone else here has had coughing, sneezing, and runny faces for over a week now.
My roommie is pretty serious about wanting to garden, so I think he'll be joining my yard adventures this spring.
He has higher ambitions than I do, so we'll see if he really goes as far as building a fenced-in garden on the half of the yard we don't use. XD
My mom has a decade +some of experience with hiring housekeepers. So when I told her the company added a one-time fee, she got all huffy and told me not to hire them.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/22 13:35:28 )

Howdy howdy

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/22 13:46:57 )
@MoodyB: it sounds like a very nice place to live... but like you said "alas, it's out of the budget" :/
You have a lot going on these days, it sounds like. How are you holding up with everything? At least you'll soon be free of tyrannical landlady, right?

@Koah: ooooff. :( I'm sorry. It's no fun being sick and it can be downright heart-wrenching when babies are sick, the poor things! :( I hope you and baby and everyone else is at least starting to feel better...
LOL - put that roommate to work! :3 I'm happy to hear that you should have some help with the garden, at least :3
I probably wouldn't hire somebody who pulled that kind of thing on me either. There's just something vaguely manipulative about that. :3

@Another Movie Addict: Hey AMA. How are you today?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/22 13:50:49 )

I'm good. Getting some laundry done.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/22 14:38:11 )
clean clothes is usually a good thing :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/22 14:40:54 )

Yep. I've been without for a bit, since we were out of laundry detergent.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.