Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/31 19:48:44 )
Yeah, I guess. I didn't even think to get the black-eyed peas (but it's not a tradition where I grew up and it's still not second-nature to me even after living here for so long). I did buy some mustard and collard greens but I'm going to make a saag with them...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/31 19:53:39 )

Lol we stopped doing it, because it only ever brought us bad luck.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/31 20:03:41 )
Ouch.
You actually noticed a difference on years when you did the peas and greens and the years when you didn't??

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/31 20:14:13 )

I did. Lol I notice a lot of fun little things like that.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/31 20:15:43 )
LOL. I usually notice things like that too, but again, I didn't grow up with New Year's Day traditions like there exist here...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/31 20:18:58 )

Lol there's also a belief that whatever you're doing at midnight of the New Year is what you'll be doing the rest of the year. One of the reasons people kiss, to be lucky in love.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/31 20:26:20 )
Yes, I'm aware of that one.

It seems weird that we're in the last hours of 2021, somehow. It has been a weirdly time-warped year (among other things)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/1 14:54:37 )
Good morning and Happy New Year 2022 everyone!

Did you have fun last night?
Did you go out?
Did you see the NYC ball drop (or watch some other "iconic image/celebration" to ring in the new year)?

Hubby and I stayed in. We had a nice dinner, watched "Don't Look Up" and a couple other things, and tuned in a few minutes before midnight to see the NYC ball drop. It was quiet, except for local fireworks (which is why we stayed home - the dogs hate loud noises), and nice.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/1 14:59:38 )

I brought the new year in with some Animal Crossing. Before that friends and I streamed a video of the Beetlejuice musical.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/1 15:02:54 )
Beetlejuice... musical?? I shouldn't really be surprised with that information, but I did not realize there was a musical variation of that old movie!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/1 15:06:13 )

Good morning and Happy New Year to you too! :violet-celebrate:
And I celebrated it with only my mother last night which was still nice. Unfortunately my brother had night shift and my dad was too tired to stay up late and as for me, my entire new years eve is just me snoozing through afternoon and evening (woke up at 8pm) because my sleep has been so fucked up lately.

But it gave me more energy to celebrate it with my mother last and at least for the new year, I'm fuckin determined to get my sleep back in order ono

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/1 15:06:42 )

There is and it's amazing. I love it way more than the Tim Burton film. The musicals Beetlejuice is just so much more fun.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/1 15:10:07 )
@Purpsy: The end of your 2021 and ringing in 2022 sounds a little erratic but also kind of nice, tbh. I'm glad you got to spend some time with Mom, and I really hope you get your sleep back on a better schedule! :3

AMA - I can completely see how the musical version would be more appealing in some ways than the old 80s movie -which was fun in a lot of ways, but also typical 80s with its slow, weirdly dramatic moments!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/1 15:13:23 )

It's like one of my favorite things.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/1 15:14:46 )

@Wildfire: Pretty much xD
It wasn't bad though, heard a lot fireworks where I'm at though.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/1 15:16:44 )
One of your favorite things ... ever?
Are you particularly fond of musicals, then? Or just musical versions of old 80s movies?
You must love the 80s Little Shop of Horrors

@Purpsy: It sounds like a decent evening, honestly. Did you get to see any fireworks, or just hear them?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/1 15:18:48 )

I just like musicals. Lol I really enjoyed The Evil Dead musical. Pure camp.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/1 15:19:12 )

@Wildfire: Just heard them xD
Too cold to go outside and watch them =w=

How about on your neighbourhood? I hope your dogs weren't too afraid.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/1 15:24:24 )
The Evil Dead movie is pure camp... I can only imagine the musical version of that!! XD

@Purpsy: The neighborhood was ok, actually. There were a couple people in the area setting off fireworks, but they weren't too close or too obnoxious... the dogs were a little freaked out, but I think we got to them soon enough with the calming treats and the thundershirts that it helped significantly.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/1 15:25:23 )

@Wildfire: Awe that's good ^^

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.