Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/9 22:12:56 )

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

@Lina: Same i don't even remember the whole story of why the dogs were left cuz they did live on a farm but just remembered the story of why he was afraid of being out in the dark.

Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/9 22:16:02 )

I am a coder. I have it in the back of my head that if dappervolk fails and I'm in a better place when that happens I may try to pull a bunch of people together to make one. I've got the front-end experience to that I'd actually be able to make it really mobile friendly.

That said I have entirely too many passion projects as it is so that really really depends on where I'm at within the next couple of years basically. |D

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/9 22:18:17 )

I have too many interests myself, not necessarily the projects themselves.
Too many things liked that there is no possible way to devote my time to each thing.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/9 22:19:09 )

Yea that too.
I have a few projects that have priority. Ive got... a significant amount of vacation time coming up, hoping to use that to make some progress on some of them.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/9 22:19:48 )
DV seems like it's going pretty steady tho? Granted I kinda lost interest after the first month haha 😅

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/9 22:20:55 )
I too have had many a avatar site ideas. But it's more work than I can put into it

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/9 22:23:30 )

Dappervolk is doing pretty well for now. But... I feel like there's a couple of really big ways the admins are doing things wrong that could have it failing within a few years. imo. The biggest of which is that they don't communicate nearly as much with the users as they aught to, and so anything that is wrong with the site gets a 10x bigger negative reaction to it because the userbase is so in the dark and confused about what's going on and what's being priortized.

The second being that it's not even remotely mobile so there's a pretty large swath of users I think that they'll lose out on if they don't change that. And they're going to need to grow in order to get the site to something that's profitable in the longer run.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/9 22:23:41 )
If there are people I like that I can work with on a project like making an avatar site; it’s so rewarding to me! Helping Voltra when it was first under development was one of the best experiences of my life

-Any odds are good odds for the damned-

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/9 22:27:50 )

I have a bit of vacation time, but there's not anywhere I want to go on vacation. Plus, we don't really have enough people at work for everyone to take the vacation time at the moment. Not sure when I will actually get to use mine.

DV is ok. The last event had the users really angry with the lack of communication from staff though.

All of my original avatar site designs were done on paper years ago. Gotta figure out where I stored those ones, lol.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/9 22:31:16 )
I couldn't keep up with Voltra if it wasn't mobile friendly since I access the internet mainly from phone. Definitely what turned me off from DV

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/9 22:32:22 )
I didn't keep up my adoptables shop for more than a week I know my limits lol
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/9 22:33:53 )

I love that Voltra is mobile friendly. ^_^
I was on here earlier when I was getting the kids from school.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/9 22:36:26 )

I'm on an iPad 90% of the time these days so the fact that dv isn't mobile friendly doesn't mess with me too much. But I know if I had gotten on it even a year ago... that wouldn't have flown with me.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/9 22:44:03 )
I’m usually on my phone when I’m online, so it’s essential that a site can be used by phone.
The DV forums are mobile friendly, but not really the rest of it. That’s why I stopped going there.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/9 23:49:15 )

omg that new comic made me laugh.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 00:21:49 )
Last night’s comic made me laugh

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 00:53:32 )

They're all pretty great tbf

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 01:24:06 )
That’s true. They’re doing amazing especially for a mini event

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 03:00:16 )

Yea, definitely.

Bleeeeeh. I have had zero energy today to do anything. Everything has taken like 5x as much like... mental encouraging of myself to get myself to do anything.

Creme and Sugar - A One Slot Bribe Shop

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 04:00:24 )
/paps moif too

e
art shop
isn't that lovely, isn't that cool and isn't that cruel

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.