Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 01:36:53 )

@Lina: How have you been? I feel like we haven't chatted in a little bit.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 03:31:26 )
@Totalanimefan: Thanks, it's law office downtown so I'm not sure what expect. I'm actually surprised they called me back lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 03:46:48 )

@Lilykin: Oh law offices can be good jobs to work in! I feel like the pay isn't bad there either.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 03:54:19 )
@Totalanimefan: I told them my last job payed $12/hr and was looking for similar and they still scheduled the interview so I'm hopeful

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 04:05:18 )

@Lilykin: Sounds good. Where you happy with $12 an hour.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 05:23:23 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, where I live in the boonies that's the best you can expect without a degree or being in management. It was enough to cover my bills so that was nice

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 05:31:43 )
@Totalanimefan: I’ve been good. What about you?
I think we keep missing each other. >.<

-Any odds are good odds for the damned-

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 14:25:49 )

@Lilykin: I hope you get the job then! ^^
@Lina: lol we do. I’ve been busy with work. I’m being let go at the end of the month :( so there is lots to do at my job before that. Including training my replacement. :/

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 14:36:13 )

good morning im hungy

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 15:01:45 )

@pachi: me too. Did you eat anything yet?

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 16:26:18 )

nope not yet
    i should go downstairs and eat somethign lmfao

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 18:52:35 )
Boy howdy I way overslept. And am hungry also

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 20:11:01 )
Luv to listen to my mother rant about my unprofessional hairstyle for 30 mins. What a wonderful confidence boost thanks so much /sarcasm

I wear it in a pony/bun/clip btw so idk what's unprofessional about it??? It's not even dyed and has a really conservative cut so?????? :|

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 17:17:43 )
@Totalanimefan: I’m sorry to hear you’re being let go. That’s terrible!

-Any odds are good odds for the damned-

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 18:05:15 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh beans, I'm sorry about your job. Them making you train your replacement is shitty as hell

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 19:32:02 )

@Lina: thank you. I’m sure I’ll be able to find something again soon.
@Lilykin: yeah I fucking know. It’s so disrespectful.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 20:22:50 )
@Totalanimefan: I've had to do that before. I was petty tho and only taught them what I was first taught and trashed all my additional notes lol. That included spreadsheets/mailing lists/process/etc. that I made for myself to streamline workflow. When they called me later wanting to know how I was able to do things so quickly I told them they could figure it out like I did lmao.

I never intended to work there again so I didn't mind burning that bridge. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 21:48:24 )

@Lilykin: OMG I should have done that. I already gave the other person my notes. XD
I should have made it harder for the next person so they would be wondering how I did it all too.

Idk if I'm going to ever work here again. My boss really likes me, but my boss's boss I guess thinks I do nothing so wants me gone? Doesn't like me? I don't know.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 22:54:03 )
@Totalanimefan: That's so bizarre when they pull out "you don't do anything" but also we need you to train your replacement. Maybe your boss's boss doesn't want to pay you what you're worth?

In my case we got a new CFO who thought we had too many people (we didn't, we were actually down 2) and that my position could be eliminated. But like, I wasn't just the receptionist, I also assisted all the other departments (like, basically all their data entry and filing among other things lol) when my work was done. I didn't just sit on my ass all day and answer the phone/door.

No surprise when they were so backed up that within six months 4 of the 6 people left quit 🤣
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 23:09:29 )

@Lilykin: Yeah probably that. Probably that she doesn't want to pay me, because they are making my train the executive Admin to do my job. Poor girl. She is getting the hang of it, but it's not her job and she should be paid more.

Wow that's pretty BS.

When this lady came last Oct like 3 people quit, and I'm the only one left from 'that era' so probably that's why she wants to get rid of me. I was trained in the 'old way' but I'm also the only one that knows this way. But whatever, I guess.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.