Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2020 Event Hangout: ~page prizes!~ RNG prizes ~ Come Chat- all welcome!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 16:55:30 )
@Koah: I bet! I'm sorry you're having to deal with that. If you have a place to go away from the smoke, it might be worth the effort, imo.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 17:07:48 )
@Wildfire: financially it would take a toll. I'd take my car, but due to covid and air quality, the dmv is closed. I bought my car and haven't gotten it properly registered yet.
The truck we have is a gas hog. :o Looking at the smoke map, the whole U.S. is affected by our fires. I could either drive 6 hours to a town with bad air quality but better than here. Or drive 12 hours to a state with family drama. XD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 17:14:40 )
@Koah: None of that sounds like an ideal option, but breathing is kind of essential to the whole living thing. It sounds like you have a tough decision to make!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 17:31:31 )
@Wildfire: oh poop. My drive that would be 6 hours is now 8 because of detours around fires. :|

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 17:35:09 )
@Koah: Is the 12 hour drive to family any more direct (fewer detours)? If so, it might be worthwhile just to go there and presumably, get further away from the fires

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 17:43:21 )
I'm goin 2 make instant Ramen noodless 4 lunch... thn Paint some!
What is Everyoen's plan for thei r Next meal ??
- [ Boris ]

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 17:47:20 )
@vitreus: I'm not completely sure what dinner will be yet but I'm thinking that it will probably be steak with brussel sprouts and red cabbage sautee, and maybe some noodles for my kids. Lunch was some leftover chicken and roasted veggies. And a tangerine.

Painting sounds good. I need to get to my easel and paint too!!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 17:51:37 )
@Wildfire: it would be farther from fires, but I'd be going to a household of hens. [gossipy women].
@vitreus: What will you be painting? I'm not sure what I'm making for lunch/dinner. I think my husband is making curry.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 18:00:11 )
@Koah: I understand (& I understood "hens" but thanks for clarifying!). I do not envy you the decision you need to make or the circumstances under which you need to make it!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 18:02:36 )
@Wildfire: okay so I did more research on this decision. The air quality at the hen house is worse than the one 6-8 hours from here. They too have a fire nearby that's polluting the air.
My 6-8 hour drive has fires on the way there, but none nearby.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 18:11:32 )
@Koah: It sounds like your decision is made. It sounds like the only one that makes sense, tbh. So are you definitely going?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 18:17:21 )
@Wildfire: I think so. But I'm hesitating. :T It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so, I could wait and see how that pans out. :0
Meh, we'll see. I'm going to talk to my husband about finances.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 18:19:01 )
@Koah: I might B painting som sunflowers... they R pretty sun-shine-y flowers :-) Sebas makes som good Curry, but he ahsn't been able 2 find the right curry sauce Base in the store :-0
- [ Boris ]

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 18:27:22 )
@Koah: Yes, that makes sense. If it rains that might not take care of your fire issue, but it'll probably help it a bit!

@vitreus: curry sauce base = coconut milk, garam masala, tumeric, coriander, ginger, onion, garlic, chili / pepper of choice, salt, black pepper, and a couple of other "Indian" spices I'm blanking on at the moment.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 18:30:44 )
@Wildfire: I think he can'tn find "garam masala" in th store! O, and th one thjing called "Five Spice powder". Coconut milk is also hard 2 come by here , since we liv in the rural aprts of Oklahoma.
- [ Boris ]

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 18:36:52 )
@vitreus: garam masala is a mix of the common Indian spices - tumeric, coriander, etc. Look for the specifics online but you can probably make it yourself if you can find the individual ingredients. Like most spices and flavorings, it's to taste, so it doesn't need to be exact. Also, maybe ask the local grocery store to stock coconut milk for you guys? Or see if you can get it delivered, maybe (through a service like Amazon) or if there's a local "ethnic" grocery nearby (probably not likely, knowing your location, but I've seen them pop up in really strange places). Five Spice is another of those common spice mixes that you could sub out for its ingredients

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 18:39:08 )
My lunch plans Changed bc we Had "left-overs" in th refridgerator. A "chicken fried" steak sandwich , and a "chicken fried" chicken sanwichj!

@Wildfire: Making our Own is a good idea ! We do hav som spice-jars that R unused... plus , Sebas buys Many spices, so I'm sure he has most of the ingredients for Both.!! U are so helpful - thjank U for the advice :-D
- [ Boris ]

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 18:41:10 )
Good sandwiches!

@vitreus: You're welcome. Good luck - and let me know what you find in terms of spices, etc.!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 20:25:39 )

@Wildfire: I don't know what it is. Maybe it's because I feel like I can go outside again, or maybe because I've been watching sports or maybe it's because I only have until the end of the month at my current job?
@vitreus: I'm an hour ahead of you. ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 20:25:57 )

@Koah: I don't even know what that means XD

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.