Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Overwatch

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 00:03:03 )
For those of you not up to date on the video game world, Overwatch is a popular first person shooter that can be found on PC, PS4, and the Xbox One. In its standard form, Overwatch is a team based game that includes a wealth of roles and heros for players to try out, ranging from punchfistmcgee DPS to a little old lady support character who snipes with healing bullets and gives out candy to the enemy. It's an exceptionally fun game, in my opinion, and one of my major hobbies.

So use this thread to talk theories about the game, look for people to play with, etc. Tell me your favorite hero, favorite map, favorite mode, etc. Let's talk overmans!

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 00:26:19 )
I play it on the xbox one from time to time. Haven't played it in a while though which is a shame I guess. ; n ; My favorite map is Temple of Anubis. I love Numbani as well. <3 Fave hero is tough to say since I play as many of them. Favorite healer is Lucio though, he's bae and the only healer I like to play as. :vanora_heart:

Donator — King Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 00:38:48 )
I forget the name of the maps but the one that has like a market in the middle and it's a payload one I haven't played in like 2 months cuz of funding issues but my favorite hero uhh toughy I wanna say Zen but my heart says dva or mercy
And I also Xbox one it

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 00:48:12 )
Hmm it's probably Dorado. -nods-
My least favorite heroes are Dva and Mei. I feel like I should say that my favorite hero is Sombra since we're both Mexican, but she's not my fave. lol
I love playing as Roadhog if a tank is needed, he's my main tank.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 00:58:35 )
I should answer my own questions o3o

My favorite map is just collectively the KOTH maps or Defense on Hanamura lol

I main support. Favorite hero is Zenyatta, but I'll usually use him, Mercy, Mei, or Orisa on the regular.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/23 18:54:12 )
My favorite is Zenyatta as well! Then Torb! :vanora_heart: If I don't get them, I'll play Winston, Reinhart or Bastion.. though to be honest I like at least 50% of the heroes, but I think those are the tops.

My favorite map is Temple of Anubis. I do however love Capture the Flag when the mode is up, but only when I have a team that's not afraid to you know.. go capture their flag and not just sit around and defend. :vanora_sweat:

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/23 19:25:32 )
*shifts around d sheepishly *
I TOTALLY DON'T TORB TURTLE WHEN THEY MAKE ME PLAY CTF YOU CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING

Also I knew there was a reason I liked you! Zenyatta is such bae.

What systems do you all play on? Any event skins yet?

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/23 20:13:44 )
LOL *openly judges you lovingly* :vanora_heart:
Zenyatta's just... I dunno man, I like killing people, sniping snipers (when I get lucky lawl) and supporting and he does all of it. The only down fall he has is zero mobility but if you're good (I'm not), you can absolutely rekt all the peoples. :D
I play on PC mostly since consoles are espensive! (I also mostly like RPGS and action games on consoles, HOW DO PEOPLE AIM THERE?)
I started during the anniversary event so I got some of those! I managed Cruiser Dva, The weird Zarya one and Green Power Ranger Genji... and this current event, I got the Sombra, DAD 76, Scary Zarya ponytail and Biker Reaper... I have 3600 currency saved up to get the Mercy one if I just don't get lucky. Then I gotta save up at least 3k to get some halloween skins (THE ANA ONE OMG) and eventually christmas. (I need Nutcracker)

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/23 20:16:52 )
Haha, I need the nutcracker and then I'm going to play a lot of comp so I can eventually scream "eat my shiny golden nuts" >>

LOL I've got 3k dedicated to a mercy if I don't pull it, too! But man, I want her and grillmaster76 soooo much.

You should play with us some time! I have a scattering of pc people o3o

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/23 20:20:22 )
I love Overwatch! I wanted to cosplay Mei but $$$ and time got away from me. xD My fiance mostly plays while I keep up on the story. He's a big D.Va, Widowmaker, and McCree fan.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/23 20:24:14 )
Omigosh, do you have... do you have Zen's GOLDEN BALLS? Are you my senpai?!
Yeah I don't even play soldier much but his skin is just so damn cute and funny. I like Widow's too, I think it's her nicest skin.
I'd love to play with you guys! Knowing me I'll probably play tomorrow, my timezone will probably be funky. :D I can't talk usually but I can always listen to comms. (Discord is superior however XD)

@Prodigy: Wahh, Mei is freaking ADORABLE. I love her personality, voice and just overall character... but seeing her in-game against me makes me want to cry! LOL I am admittedly hella out of the loop in terms of lore though.
Apparently out of a gig. --v
RLC Commissions always available! PM me or add me on discord: micami#8341

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/23 20:42:19 )
@Mica: She totally is! We have practically the same body type too so I she's my top pick for cosplay. Lol, she's such a crazy character in-game, though! Dealing with those ice walls... Either can go very well or very wrong. xD

Ping me so I don't ghost you by accident!
ART REQUEST

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/24 02:17:18 )
I play on my xboxone. -shrugs-
I don't play with friends though, I just play for fun.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/24 02:47:01 )
I have a group that wants to cosplay next year at Otakon, and everyone is supposed to do an overmans. I think I'm going to try to do Mei, but... I dunno, I feel weird as a white girl cosplaying her? Still debating it.

PS her short made me sob

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/24 02:53:14 )
Sounds like it can be fun.
You shouldn't feel weird though, just do it if you really want to.
Who cares what anyone says or thinks.

Donator — King Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/24 02:55:27 )
I thought me was Russian or Siberian??
Dressed as goblins!
Do it all again!
See the friends all again!

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/24 02:58:36 )
Mei is Chinese.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/24 03:13:35 )
I mean, I care or I wouldn't be debating it.
And yeah, the Russian lady is Zara, who is also a big buff perfect Cheeto puff! I wonder if I could pull her off--I'd totally dye my hair pink for Zara :vanora_heart:

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/24 03:21:15 )
But isn't cosplaying supposed to be fun? - _ -

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/24 03:33:06 )
Yes, and? There are lots of things that are fun that can also be problematic, I don't think "it's fun" is a good excuse for me to do something alone.
I figure I'll look into it when I start seriously designing the cosplay and decide from there. Maybe build a bastion or the payload if nothing else, lol. I could see building a junker town payload thing with all the fake jewels.

I'd be able to move through the crowds super easily since nobody ever touches the payload lol
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.