Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback July Crate Items Feedback Thread || Raffle Included!

Npc — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 23:30:18 )

Cheshire Cabaret | Bean
Synthwave | Glume
Chrysaora Witch | KDA Drew With edits by Q t e a p o n & Fozzy

*comes in default tones 2, 4, and 6, and a version without the jellyfish that comes in all 6 default tones*

*comes in Left and Right poses as well*

*comes with Bangs and Ponytail poses as well*

Shout out to Vengeance for the lovely preview banners!
Thank you to our Item Techs, Lilypoo, Fozzy, Valefor and Dipper for uploading!

Pixels by Fozzy
Recolors by Lilypoo
Also thank you for uploading Lilypoo & Fozzy!

Hey Volties, we could really use your feedback. We at Voltra are always watching and listening, so the more responses we get to these sort of things, the more we can improve on your experience here!

Now we know that sometimes perhaps a set is not your cup of tea or doesn't fit your particular style, so try to look for things that we could use constructively. Like for example: If this pose was made this way and you could equip it like this then I would find use for that set more in my outfits. Or another example would be: This particular mod or pose is being repeated, I'd like to see x and y being offered as well.

★✩✩✩✩

In order to create a standard rating we will be doing a five star rating review. So for each set you are reviewing, do a 1/5 ; 2/5 ; 3/5 ; 4/5 ; 5/5 rating to let us know how much you like the overall set.

We are looking for feedback regarding the way the sets layer, originality, variety in poses, etc. But don't restrict yourself to these categories - those are just some suggestions for the direction in which you can take your feedback.

We do ask that you try to keep your feedback constructive and don't just say "It looks bad, I don't like it," as it's not very useful to us.

Here is a template to start off your review:

[b]Cheshire Cabaret[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Synthwave[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Chrysaora Witch[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Bubblenaut[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

Thank you for taking your time to write this feedback, you are being extremely helpful!

RAFFLE

We know that leaving a review might not always seem rewarding, so this time we are going to be holding a raffle on August 1st, 2020 for all the folks that left a review. Winner will receive a July Crate!

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 18:55:02 )

Cheshire Cabaret
★★★★★
I think this item is pretty well done. For the colors, it has the traditional purple Cheshire cat colors as well as a dark color scheme and a light color scheme. It also has poses with cat ears and poses that have stripes like the Cheshire cat's stripes, so I feel like that matches the theme well.

Synthwave
★★★★✩
This one is also pretty well done in my opinion. The color options and poses all suit the theme pretty well from what I know about this type of theme. I really like the reflection of the palm trees in the sunglasses.

Chrysaora Witch
★★★★★
This is definitely my favorite item of the bunch; it's just so gorgeous. Chrysaora, according to Google, is a genus of jellyfish, and you can definitely see the jellyfish influence in the poses of this item. There are poses with actual jellyfish, poses with translucent elements, and so on. I have to say though, that my favorite part of this item would have to be the hair and bang poses. I like that we have the ability to use the bangs separately from the hair, and I like that there are both gradient and non-gradient color options. I'm already using the hair pose for my current avatar, and I'm sure that the poses with jellyfish will be great for any underwater avatars that I or anyone else end up making. All of the color options for this item are good as well in my opinion; there's a dark scheme, a light scheme, and then a scheme that mixes the lighter mint with the darker colors of grape and midnight.

Bubblenaut
★★★★✩
I don't actually own this item yet, but I think it looks pretty good in the preview images. Honestly, I can't really see myself using most of the poses, but I do think the item could be very useful for anyone who wants to make a space-themed avatar. The spaceship is the one pose that I really feel like I could make use of; I'd probably use it in the back of an alien avatar or such. For the other poses, I feel like the bubble wand and bubble helmet poses could be a bit versatile. The bubble wand could be used for the bubblenaut theme of the item, or it could be used for a more playful, having-fun-outside avatar, and the bubble helmet could be used for a space or underwater avatar.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 06:05:00 )
    Y'all had some great work to do this month! I don't have much complaining at all and this is basically just gonna repeat "I love it!" over and over cause I love all of them

Cheshire Cabaret
    ★★★★★
    This concept was pulled off perfectly in my eyes, it's very sultry and unique and I will always appreciate some prosthetic tig ol' bitties uwu

Synthwave
    ★★★★★
    I LOVE this aesthetic and love that you guys pulled it off so perfectly. I love everything about it.

Chrysaora Witch
    ★★★★★
    I love how the dress mimics parts of a jellyfish, the little shawl on it is super nice. The amount of customization and separation with a bunch of the different pieces is also really convenient and super appreciated.

Bubblenaut
    ★★★★✩
    This is just adorable in every little element and the bubble idea is cute. Only issue is with the rocket, I would've expected it to be a bit shinier, especially the legs that are made of metal. Otherwise a very nice set.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 06:24:42 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Cheshire Cabaret
★★★★✩
so fun! i love the fluffy fur thing, esp the white and cheshire fluffy fur things. i was hoping the body jewelry would come separate! the one piece/bustier is very feminine so wouldn't be my avi's personal style necessarily. i picked up a cheshire before the previews were added because i wanted to wear just the body jewelry lol the chains are super pretty and so are the garters!

even though i wouldn't use the larger bust pose personally , speaking generally i think having more options for body sizes in avis is a good thing :-)

Synthwave
★★★★★
super fun! love the colors, absolutely love the bike!!! i love the backgrounds as well!! this item feels very unique to me
i kind of wish the legs and bike had an option as separate poses but i still like the leg and bike pose and enjoy using it!! the bike and bg items both really stood out to me, the bike especially bc we don't have anything else like it on voltra!

Chrysaora Witch
★★★★✩
i don't own one of these but i really enjoy the jellyfish, and the veil on the hat is very pretty! i personally may not use it as i don't normally go for very feminine items/poses but that is just my personal preference and i would want other people to have the option! and the transparency + drape on the veil is very pretty

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 16:48:23 )
Cheshire Cabaret
★★★✩✩
I love the color schemes chosen for the item, and I think the hair looks great. I really appreciate the bustier and regular options for the main piece, as well. I think the leg pose is a little strange, perhaps a little stiff. I think given the theme of the item and the manner in which the clothing seems a little ~promiscuous~ that the leg pose is not very fitting for the item, though the actual design of it clothing-wise looks fantastic. The boa looks pretty nice and I'm personally a sucker for stripes, though I also feel like the way it falls off of the avatar is a little stiff considering its meant to be soft material.

Synthwave
★★★★✩
My personal favorite of the bunch. I think the background is absolutely spectacular - the colors and the way the design of the background is both loyal to the vaporwave aesthetic and can be used to portray a little depth is fantastic. Everyone who sees this and has an inkling of what vaporwave is will understand what you were going for. Not just in design but in concept and execution does this fill the style. I love the sunglasses with the reflection. The colors schemes chosen for this item are all perfect, I absolutely couldn't want for a better scheme than those you've chosen. Of course, I also like the jacket design and pose and the way it's open enough for people to put any shirt they want underneath and for both items to be visible. I will say that I think the headphones fit a little strangely, though I'm sure they'll look perfectly fine with some hair. The motorcycle pose has a bit of a strange area on the first two color schemes - beneath the blinker on the actual body (chassis?) of the motorcycle where it's a gradient - I can't tell if it's trying to force perspective or if the bike is meant to have an iridescent/pearlescent finish, but it seems a little off to me. That said, I do like the excitement of having a motorcycle pose for our avatars that utilizes colors like this!

Chrysaora Witch
★★★★✩
Concept-wise, this is a really good item. I like the jellyfish frill of the dresses (and the colors of the last dress are jaw-dropping), and I appreciate the simplicity of the arm pose. I do think the white eyelashes on the first two eye poses are strange, but they might end up looking really good based on skin tone so I guess the jury's still out on that one until I try it, haha. I think the hair pose is my favorite for this because all of the gradient colors look fantastic to me. I really appreciate the hair curls; not too much, but definitely enough to create visual interest. I also like the jellyfish background and how they converge on the avatar. I like the hat with the glass-liquid aesthetic but I do think the frill on the brim of the hat looks just a little strange in conjunction to the dresses since it doesn't seem to have that texture/'fabric' on it, so I think I would have expected something that looks more thin rather than plush-y.

Bubblenaut
★★★★✩
I like the concept and the colors chosen. I think the space suit itself looks fantastic and it's probably the pose I'm most excited for - the texture looks good, it seems comfortable, it's overall a great item for space. I think the little aliens are totally fun and in-line with what I expect for background-foreground companions on avatar items. I also love the bubble wand SO much, I think it's clever and unique and I believe the texture you guys chose for bubbles was a smart choice. In that vein, the bubble-head item is exciting. I'll need to see how it looks with regular items to fully decide just how amazing it is, but I am certainly a fan of the way it appears mid-motion. It seems pretty natural for being the unnatural phenomenon that it is. I think the spaceship was a logical pose for this item but the body of the spaceship feels 'flat' compared to everything else. The spacesuit feels more real than the spaceship, and I think that may be due to perceived lighting or shape, like maybe a highlight would've given the spaceship more 'shape'. I love the way the smoke curls beneath the spaceship though, I'd kind of be interested in an item like that that just generated cool smoke stuff in the background of the avatar (for dramatics, of course).
returned 6/7

Npc — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 03:30:04 )
@Starlight: Congratulations! You are our raffle winner for leaving feedback on our July Crate Sets ~ You've been granted a July Crate!

Thank you everyone who took the time to share their feedback and reviews.
Please take the time to review our August Crate Sets and enter for a chance to win an August Crate!

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 05:40:41 )

Yay! Thanks for the crate~

★~~Questing~~★

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.