Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Life updates

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 19:52:13 )

Hey guys. I haven’t really been on in a few days cause lots has happened in rl. I thought I would give you the DL.

Since last time my mom is recovering well from her heart surgery. Still tired a lot but not on any pain meds.

My move to DC from northern CA is more final now. Movers are coming at the end of this month, we are moving into our new place in Arlington, VA (across the river from DC) August 9th. We are driving there cause of our pets and their medical history. It’s safer for them in we drive. The realtor came to our house on Monday and he liked the updates we did to the house and we signed a contract with him. We are going to put it on the market maybe a week before we move put it as coming soon, then post the pics after we move our stuff and a cleaner has come over.

My hand still hurts because I over worked it last week but it is doing better every day. If it’s not better soon I think I’ll do a telemedicine call about it.

I’m still working from home 40 hours a week. I have to pack at night. The thought of having to pack or donate literally everything that I see in my house before the end of the month is a little overwhelming but I’m going to do a little each night. Last last night my husband and I went through all of our clothes and decided on what to keep and what to donate.

And I might have to work an hour or so each night in the hotel while traveling. Just to keep on top of my work.

So TL;DL
Lots of exciting updates, lots left to do and that means not that much time for Voltra.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 19:52:51 )

I just realized, does that mean I’m going to be busy traveling during ANOTHER Voltra event. Man I really gotta plan my life better around these events. Lolol

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 20:10:57 )
"You've had too much of the digital love..."

Omg you sound like you're super busy lately!! Hopefully you get some downtime ;w;

"You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 21:06:06 )

@0v7: haha yes I am. I don’t know how I’m going to do all this while working 40 hours a week oh and I didn’t even mention that my birthday is the 17th! I keep forgetting cause we are so busy and cause with corona I can’t do anything anyway.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 00:34:39 )
@totalanimefan: hey there its good to see u posting again ^.^ im so glad ur mum surgery went well and thats she's recovering well too..
Goodluck in ur house.. i hope you'll like it there :) im sure you cant wait to get moved...
Sorry ur hand still hurts and im sure it hurts even more now with the moving and packing :(
Im sure ur tired working all them hours and packing in between :/ you'll get packed up in no time

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 00:51:50 )

@Totalanimefan: omg the 17th of this month?? My birthday's on the 17th too!!
Maybe you can throw yourself a small birthday party :0 that's what I'm doing this year :D

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 07:40:49 )

@0v7: Oh my gosh, we have the same Bday?!?! What year? (If you don't mind me asking)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 07:44:31 )

@LilMissKushy: Thanks <3
Yup the house stuff is coming along, there is a lot to do but my husband and I just want to get it done right away. We don't want to wait until the last min.
Except for one area of the house, we have gone through all of the stuff we want to keep, donate or trash.
Yeah it still hurts and today I fell while going through my stuff. My hip landed hard on the side of my bed, I then fell to the ground. It already has a huge bruise.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 15:08:14 )

@Totalanimefan: 1999!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 17:40:58 )

I hope the move goes well and that the hotels you stay in are cleaning properly. >< TRUST NO ONE. lol. That's quite a drive though. You may want to give your car a tune up before then too.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/17 02:51:06 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@totalanimefan: yay thanks for sharing your update ^^ sounds like a lot going on, it's good to hear from you
i'm glad your mom is doing well and that your hand is healing <3

i'm glad the move is happening! i know we've talked before about how much you like dc over where you are now, i kept wanting to ask but didn't in case it would stress you out if you were still waiting :-)
it does sound like a lot to be working full-time on top of moving, hopefully you can get some packing momentum and ride it
have you see marie kondo on netflix? i feel like watching it is v motivating for going thru stuff lol

i know moving can be a lot of work, whenever i had to move i would just tell myself over and over that by x date it would all be over! so like, a month from now you will be moved in eating dinner in dc and all the packing and moving will be behind you :-)!

good luck w everything!! i'm sure everything will work out <3

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════════════

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/17 07:51:00 )

@0v7: Awesome. I figured it out after when I saw your signature. You have to change your age now. XD
@Priestess of Pie: I'm going to use a rental car, otherwise I totally would. I think I'm going to book the hotels in advance even though I'm sure they are going to be super empty.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/17 07:54:26 )

@xvz: Thanks for commenting <3 I'm really happy that my mom is doing better too!

Yeah we just got the final ok a week ago, and this week has been super crazy because of that. ^^; I think that WFH makes my brain in good shape, and I don't lose the momentum with commuting home anymore.
I did watch that on Netflix. I also read the book years ago. I'm super good at her method and I really like it.

That's a good tip! I will say, the more I get done, the more I'm looking forward to moving instead of stressing that I'm moving. XD

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/17 15:33:49 )

@Totalanimefan: That was one of the first things I did when I woke up today lol
I hope your birthday's been going well too!!

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/17 20:50:13 )

@totalanimefan: nice, just keep swimming and you'll be done in no time!!
once it's behind you you'll get to focus on some of the fun parts :-)
like ... decorating lol

will you still be working remotely for the same place in dc?
i hope you can have a nice ergo setup for work w/ more space at the new place :-)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/18 20:22:35 )

@0v7: nice. I need to change it in my profile too. It was pretty good. I worked but it wasn’t a tough day, then I had a nice dinner but we all ate too much and paid for it last night. The meat was so rich.
@xvz: yes! I just have to keep thinking about that part! We got a lot of the paperwork and planning done this week. So next is one last go through of the house for things we don’t want to keep, and then we can start packing things.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/18 20:24:57 )

Oh I forgot to answer the 2nd part. I will be working remotely for the current place. At least until Sept but I could get extended. (It’s happened about 4 times before) and if not I can transfer to a local branch of my temp company and then do something WFH there.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/18 20:33:45 )

@totalanimefan: oo what kind of food did you have for your birthday dinner ^^

sounds like you're making good progress! having a plan saves so much time and effort in the long run, too
that's good to hear that the job transition won't be too bad and like won't be too much of an added stressor! will your new place be similar to your current one?

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/18 23:50:56 )

@xvz: I'm going to WFH from the same company just like I'm doing now.
Yeah tackling it in small projects is much easier. We just make sure that we do at least one thing per day that helps us for the move.

For food I went to a steakhouse and ate outside. I had real Japanese Wagyu. It was good but super rich and my whole table ate way too much.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.