Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I took the initiative this morning.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/9 18:37:32 )
So guess what I did this morning after work. There were plastic bottles EVERYWHERE in my apartment complex, behind people's cars and in the middle of the main road and the branched out streets. This was at 6::30. So what did I do then? I decided to take the initiative to grab my trash bags to pick up ALL of the plastic bottles and then it took about an hour or so more to get it done, when I was almost done one person saw what I was doing and was gonna tell the management about what I did because they were thankful. And another helped me towards the end too since I was low on bags, so she got me a couple more and that was it. It took about nine trash bags to be filled. We think someone may have done this deliberately, and it's happened before, but wasn't as bad as before.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/9 18:53:48 )
I'm happy someone helped you out a bit. <3 Good for you for taking that initiative!
My last apartment in the city was gross. People looked the other way when it came to litter. I picked stuff up around my own doorway, so people deliberately left things there thinking it was a magic garbage portal or something. e.e'
New bottles and cig butts every day. So glad I don't live there anymore.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/9 19:17:02 )

Congrats on being the one to make a difference. Sucks that people can't seem to clean up after themselves.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/9 22:08:03 )
@operation katana: that was so sweet of you to do that.. atleast someone helped u near the end... im sure everyone is grateful...
It sucks someone would do that on purpose

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 02:53:42 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

wow nine bags! that's so many
it's awesome of you to do that though! and great to hear about how your actions inspired others to help too :-)

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 03:03:24 )
Kudos to you and the person who helped!
It really sucks when people don't care about litter, but nice to know that #trashtag is still a thing lol.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 07:43:48 )
❄🌈 ❄ Underlying all our fears is a lack of trust in ourselves! ❄ 🌈

@Operation Katana: great job! We need more people to take initiative. The fact that you set a precedent and others picked up on it and helped just ahows how 1 person can make a difference and cast a positive shadow.
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.