Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀wishlist⠀{ come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/30 22:06:18 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@totalanimefan: oohh what did you end up doing? couch work lol?
i can picture like a futon in the second br so you have a secondary hang out couch space that can also serve as a guest room

tru, atlanta traffic is notoriously bad! idk if it's necessarily for me, i think it's just fun to look at houses there Lol
my parents live in tennessee and have been "thinking about moving to atlanta" (for like... a decade so idk if it would actually happen) - it's mostly just like, a city to browse zillow with that isn't new york

haha i Love house hunters!! ooh i can see that, i think for me it's like fun/interesting instead of off putting
like it's fun to see all these different people dynamics / personalities i wouldn't otherwise interact w :-)

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/30 22:13:41 )

@chiffonorange: it's too bad rp's here aren't super active :<
it does make it feel more casual / less pressure tho
how is your week going?

@bonnie: yes! i think i read somewhere that food is like one of the strongest conditionings
i knew this girl from hs who got sick after eating bbq one time and after that would get nauseous around bbq and couldn't eat it anymore
that's impressive lol

ur current avi looks so good btw!! i love the head and torso, i think it's my first time seeing some of these items, they look really good combined

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/30 23:39:28 )

@xvz: Well the delivery driver didn't ring the doorbell, so I didn't know they came. I had to go pick it up at 5:30pm yesterday, and I couldn't get started last night like I was hoping.
I'm working today and it's tough. My computer isn't fully set up and that people I'm working for are nice, but stressed and they won't be to be able to do everything today....so that's kinda stressful.

Oh I see. Atlanta would be closer to home than NYC is, but you like it there. You should look at home for sale in DC, they aren't cheap but maybe you can show me I should get if I were to move there. No word back on if we can yet.

I feel like they get people to act bratty on purpose. ^^; but I do like seeing people on TV that are different from me.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/1 01:11:56 )

@totalanimefan: omg missing a delivery when you're home is the worst!
i hate missing deliveries lol it's such a hassle and it's like, we were both right there ...
i'm sorry to hear you're stressed tho ~ you'll be set up soon!
how long is your temp assignment for?

ah yeah, i don't have any real ties to atl either, the friends i know from atl actually all live in ny now haha
i'll add dc to my browse-for-fun list lol ^^ do you feel like you have a sense of the neighborhoods there?
i would probably feel anxious not knowing, i hope they'll give the ok soon! <3

haha true, and so much happens in the editing phase, like a totally reasonable conversation can be edited into something dramatic

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/1 02:07:30 )

@xvz: thanks. It was stressful. Right now it’s just month to month. Last time I was there 4 months but I’m only scheduled for one month with possible extension.

Yeah I do have a sense of neighborhoods because I’ve been to a few of them. But others I don’t know that well or having been to. I really like Capitol Hill and Navy Yard. Outside of DC I like Arlington and Alexandria. But only in the walkable places in those cities.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/1 02:09:09 )

Lol that’s so true. The editing always makes it seem way more dramatic.
I want a new homing design trend that’s not farmhouse anymore.
I do love white/grey kitchens but the rustic farmhouse vibe isn’t really my thing either.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/1 03:54:51 )

@totalanimefan: aww i'm sorry :-(
are you done working for the day? i hope you're able to destress!
i hope you get the extension (if that's what you want)

ooh, i'll be honest i don't really know my dc neighborhoods but it's good you've seen a lot of it so you have an idea, it would be hard to move somewhere and try to figure out what the neighborhoods are like wo experiencing any of it for yourself
do you know people or have friends in the area?

hehe they do it to keep it entertaining i guess
my personal aesthetic tends to be darker (like i love wood) but when it comes to kitchen and bathroom interiors, i think bright/white can feel really cheery and clean :-)
i'm always a few years behind on house hunters lol like i'm watching episodes from 5-10 years ago, but it seems like open concept is still a pretty big thing, and currently lots of plants is also big rn (me: guilty)
i love homey / cozy designs though, if it's too sleek/modern it feels too cold for me

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/1 05:09:07 )

Yeah I'm done for the day. I start again at 9am. I have a meeting.

Yeah, there is one neighborhood that has a ton of new housing in my price range and it seems good but I've heard online that it's a bit rough but it doesn't look like that from the photos? So I don't know who to believe lol. I would have to go there in person first.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/1 05:14:52 )

When I moved into my current place the cabinets were all wood and I really didn't like it. So I painted them. XD I haven't done anything else with the kitchen though.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/1 05:33:32 )

@xvz: yeah it’s crazy but I mean I guess I understand because it I find something I don’t like I usually won’t eat it but I’m not really TOOO picky.

And thank you! I really tried with this avatar to use some items I have never used before. I really wanted to use this pumpkin king bow tie. I think the crate item name is pumpkin king...

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/1 21:10:14 )

@totalanimefan: i hope it went better today! how has your day been?

ooh yeah, pictures can be so misleading too, like the angle and lighting
the apt i have now is great! but the pictures made it look awful lol
a studio i used to live in looked big in the photos but was very "cozy" irl haha
and the dynamic and vibes b/n neighborhoods is hard to suss out from afar / just from reading !

haha did you paint them white? i'm renting and afraid to do anything, i want to put up a shelf for a projector but i'm scared to do anything to the wall
i plan to stay in this apt for at least another year or two at least, so i feel like it would be worth it tho p:

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/1 21:12:47 )

@bonnie: true true, if you know you don't like it why would you go out of your way to eat it lol
i'm just thinking of foods i don't like that much - like olives, licorice - i don't know why i would eat them if know i don't like them haha

oo yeah i definitely feel like the combination is something i've never seen before too
it's so creative ^^

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/1 23:51:05 )

@xvz: Yeah food is a weird thing. XD but it’s necessary for survival so I guess it’s fine for it to be so complicated to some. I really do feel like not eating veggies isn’t really grounds for that argument because there are a lot of people whose health are constantly put at risk for consuming more meats than they should but you can’t force people to eat better.

Thank you! There are still so many cool items I have yet to even use so I’m really excited about trying all of them out

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 04:53:29 )

@bonnie: yeah it's super hard to get ppl to change behavior that has been life long , i think eating is one of those things where you can't really make someone change if they don't want to
mleh i've been in kind of a food rut lately, i'm like out of ideas for dinner and also not craving anything :-(
have u been making anything good lately?

oo when i first joined i was like i am going to make an avi w that lobster suit someday ^^
idk if/when i would get around to it but if someone does it i would love to see it hehe

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 04:56:19 )

@xvz: yeah that’s true! People suck lol. I don’t know how I would use the lobster suit.

What do you think about the new items?!?!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 05:29:49 )

@bonnie: i was excited to see them!!! the icons made it suspenseful lol

the cheshire cat fur + body chains i like a lot, and the jellyfish, and i like the pink bike from what i can see in the preview!!!
the is super cute and i love cloud items!
hbu??

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 07:05:46 )

@xvz: I’m loving them! I’ll have to play with them next when I get tired of seeing this avatar. I’m not sure which is my favorite yet but they are some amazing items!!

bloop

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 21:02:56 )

@bonnie: i'm excited to see what u do ^^
i did a lil sketch of ur old avi but it's on my old computer and transferring files is a pain qq
i'll ping u when i get around to uploading it tho !!

how's your week going? :-)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/3 02:04:56 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: Hmmm.... true :o *nods* Oh dear, sorry if I wasn't active during more than two days due to personal reasons. and how about you?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/3 03:12:34 )

@chiffonorange: hey chiffon ^^
no worries, how are you?
you're usually so active, i was wondering if you were ok!
i'm doing ok, i have today and tmr off from work :-)

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.