Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hello People of Voltra

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/11 08:06:14 )
Hi, I'm Crystalkitsune. I found out a link to this place from a Reddit about Ernya, which was one of the few sites like Gaia that sadly no longer exists. I'm from the OG Gaia and with recent boredom of staying home I've been checking out new places to hang out. Gaia is okay if you only want to dress up your avatar lately, since RPing or any other forum type stuff is hard to get into with Walls o Text. I was also on Roliana before they updated to 2.0 and sadly Roliana is also gone as of June of last year. I've also tried Crysandria when it existed, Menewsha which still exists, as well as Tinier Me. Most of these forum-based, avatar dress up places have died out while Gaia still tops over all.

I'm not new to places like these, they're pretty self explanatory. My only concern is how quiet the RP forum is. Seems like nobody really RPs here which is a slight concern, but I do like what I see so far. If I stick around, I'll probably lurk more than anything, but thought I'd at least say hi.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/11 08:19:51 )

@Crystalkitsune85: Hey welcome to Voltra. ^^ We are glad you found us here. Do you have any questions about Voltra?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/11 08:24:54 )
Well like I said, it's not too hard to navigate, I just wish there were more games then puzzles. How are you supposed to make money on here? Just post on forums then?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/11 08:32:45 )
@Crystalkitsune85: Hello there, welcome to Voltra ^^ And since no one seems to answer your question. The answer is yes, you earn volts (one of the site's in-game(?) currency) by posting on forums as you said. Also if you want to ping someone, just click the (@)mention button which is located on top of the post

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/11 09:46:22 )
I am usually a Semi para RPer. I don't really like long super lengthy posts. It's not really easy to find more lax, laid back kind of RP anywhere anymore. Roliana used to be great for that, but they lost a lot of players when they did their upgrade to the site. Gaia is like a total opposite of what I'm looking for. Too many people using custom images for their threads, with complicated rules and using templates in order to even post! I'm the kind of person who is like...ok this is the story, these are the characters, lets just RP and not get fancy.

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/11 10:35:28 )
@crystalkitsune85:
heya welcome to voltra OuO

I was also attempting to have rp in any of the avatar forums before.. i just wasnt able to have someone pro to sit with me with the rp basics. (thats how under the rock i am) Despite the rps here not as very active as gaia, we do have regular rpers here. Its not entirely dead but theyre clearly not many rpers here. If it helps, you can talk to those regulars from the rp channel if they can have some more people joining in their rps.

As much as i want to have someone sit with me now, I dont think i could due do the fact that I spend most of my free time in art instead. Maybe one day, I will allocate time for someone to teach me how to participate in rps.

in other topics, how do you find the shops/item usage in here? have ya visited Vengeance's Newcomer Supply Depot? theyre one of the threads that support new volties with their avatar clothing and general stuff. in exchange channel, i believe there is someone who does give free stuff too.

I hope it helps OuO
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/11 11:57:42 )
@crystalkitsune85: hello welcome to voltra:) I'm quite new too.. I'm also from menewsha I thought I would try this site out as menewsha I can only use single items and not multi items which is sad cus I miss using my c.i's and dressing up my avatar.. this sites lovely too everyone's friendly and so helpful.. hope you like the site as much as I do and stick around ^.^

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/11 12:52:59 )
Welcome home!
I've seen a few nice RP's around here, so I know they happen, its just a matter of finding a good partner I suppose. I personally used to be active in the forum based RP world for a little while... I liked the huge worlds and variety of people my character could interact with... but I've never tried the one-on-one style. I worry I might be too picky with what I do and don't want to do theme-wise. I don't like "school" or "slice of life"... I'm a horror/fantasy/sci-fi junkie. A lot of people don't jive with that lol. Plus I get stage fright about it in my old age, and worry if I'm a good enough writer to hang. But, I'm getting off topic! I have definitely seen good roleplays here, so the more people we have that want to do it should absolutely encourage more people to join in :D
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/11 16:59:16 )
❄🌈Today is a fresh start, do the next best thing! 🌈❄

@Crystalkitsune85: I used to RP on FB based off a book series I love but never done it one on one. I'd be willing to join you in one if you like. And if you have patience. :) glad you found Voltra. We here are very much community based. Lots of social interactions and we do also have events which give prizes and currency etc. We have a community discussion coming up on the 20th. You can post questions as to things you'd like to see etc up until the 17th. Then the discussion on the 20th is on discord. You check in and when you do that and when you ask questions prior you are entered into raffles.

Hope this helps.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/11 21:39:29 )
I'm 34, so as far as older people go, don't worry about that. I've honestly not RPed much as of late, 1 because I'm super picky about who I RP with, and the fact that I've not found anywhere to RP at. I had a couple friends I used to RP with all the time, but they've been busy or I lost touch with them. To the person above who said they don't like slice of life, that's fine. I like that occasionally but I also like fantasy stories since I grew up reading Mercedes Lackey books that are full of that genre.

Even if I don't stick around I'm glad this place is here for those who like sites like Gaia but don't like how over saturated it has become. Once they got the cash shop, that's when things went down hill. People having to use real $ to buy really nice looking things. Don't get me wrong on the artists on Gaia. They make very beautiful things, I just don't want to use real money to get them.

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/11 21:48:19 )
@Crystalkitsune85: welcome to voltra :D i hope you will enjoy your Time here!
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/12 10:44:05 )
❄🌈Today is a fresh start, do the next best thing! 🌈❄

@Crystalkitsune85: You're still a pup. There are those of us here that are 30 and over....me i'm closer to well, another number above 30 :p I have heard a lot about Mercedes Lackey and knew someone who swore by her books. I have personally never read any but I did enjoy the R. A. Salvatore novels along with Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. The later is what i RP'd mostly. again, if you wish to hang out and RP then hit me up. I am sure we can get something going. I haven't done much in the line of fantasy such as elves, trolls, gnomes, etc but i do have a pretty creative mind and wouldn't mind venturing out into that territory.

I do hope you stay. Give us a chance here. There is literally a bit of something for everyone. You'll see.
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.